• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 1:24 am
Tags:
Jun 11, 2004
767 posts
39 upvotes
doa2 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2015 11:21 pm
Any benefit to the new Wilson 'spin effects' rackets. Hype or reality? I'm a reasonable strong hitter and would like to increase my topspin. Anybody have any experience with these rackets?
I use the wilson prostaff spineffect 95s, and yes i do find it does make a some difference, mind you my strokes already are heavy topspin. I think if you don't have a heavy topspin strokes, they won't make a huge difference. I also break strings on these racquets almost every time I play. Luckily I string my own.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6808 posts
946 upvotes
Ajax
I saw the 1st game of the 3rd set and looked like Pospisil had given up or was hurt, two hours later I see that he has won...wow.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7748 posts
346 upvotes
Look into hybrid poly with a soft cross string. I was a frequent breaker as well... heavy topspin both wings, strings would last at most 2 outings before breaking. Now I hardly ever break, I generally cut them as they lose tension after a couple weeks (string my own as well).

Pospisil into the next round! What a comeback!
fleabaggs wrote:
Jul 6th, 2015 9:43 am
I use the wilson prostaff spineffect 95s, and yes i do find it does make a some difference, mind you my strokes already are heavy topspin. I think if you don't have a heavy topspin strokes, they won't make a huge difference. I also break strings on these racquets almost every time I play. Luckily I string my own.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jun 11, 2004
767 posts
39 upvotes
mcg wrote:
Jul 4th, 2015 11:37 pm
There is an actual difference in the amount of spin I hit with my shots when I play with my Pro Staff 95S (16x15) vs. my old K-Six One Team racquet (16x20). The shots with the 95S lob a bit more but land deeper at the baseline.

Depends on the racquet you get, but since I'm on the weaker side, I add a bit of lead tape to give my shots a bit more heft. It's a whippy racquet, but boy, slices are sexy.
Yea I had to put quite a bit of leadtape as well to get head weight up, racquet was too light for me.
Jun 11, 2004
767 posts
39 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote:
Jul 6th, 2015 10:01 am
Look into hybrid poly with a soft cross string. I was a frequent breaker as well... heavy topspin both wings, strings would last at most 2 outings before breaking. Now I hardly ever break, I generally cut them as they lose tension after a couple weeks (string my own as well).

Pospisil into the next round! What a comeback!
Yea I ran poly last year for most of last season, got tennis elbow :( . Once you get the elbow, it is soo hard to get rid of. Played less in the winter helped. Went back to a softer syn gut, but of course they break more. I went back to a softer poly(dunlop Black widow) with soft crosses just to try, and I loved it.. the ball felt so great on the racquet, of course felt a bit in my arm.

I used to play 3 hours+ a day as a junior with a stiffer racquet, never a hint of tennis elbow... I guess i'm getting old... hitting the weights more probably doesn't help either.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7748 posts
346 upvotes
I find wilson's have a pretty 'stiff' flex index. Try some other racquet brands for tennis elbow. I personally use Volkl as they have very flexible frames, good weight (12oz stung). I use a Boris Becker Melbourne (copy of C10 Pro, made by Volkl), poly mains with soft syn cross... zero issues for years, this is coming from a Wilson (Pro staff 90, Classic 95) user who had odd wrist and elbow pain throughout my younger days.
fleabaggs wrote:
Jul 6th, 2015 10:09 am
Yea I ran poly last year for most of last season, got tennis elbow :( . Once you get the elbow, it is soo hard to get rid of. Played less in the winter helped. Went back to a softer syn gut, but of course they break more. I went back to a softer poly(dunlop Black widow) with soft crosses just to try, and I loved it.. the ball felt so great on the racquet, of course felt a bit in my arm.

I used to play 3 hours+ a day as a junior with a stiffer racquet, never a hint of tennis elbow... I guess i'm getting old... hitting the weights more probably doesn't help either.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Jun 11, 2004
767 posts
39 upvotes
At the moment using one of the softer wilson racquets, prostaff 95s. No problems with my elbow now, knock on wood. As a junior came from the wilson hypercarbon prostaff 5.0, thing is like a rocket launcher, but played like a board lol.

I played with a few racquets last year, I think the one that triggered tennis elbow was the babolat aero prodrive + Poly.
sleepyguy wrote:
Jul 6th, 2015 10:14 am
I find wilson's have a pretty 'stiff' flex index. Try some other racquet brands for tennis elbow. I personally use Volkl as they have very flexible frames, good weight (12oz stung). I use a Boris Becker Melbourne (copy of C10 Pro, made by Volkl), poly mains with soft syn cross... zero issues for years, this is coming from a Wilson (Pro staff 90, Classic 95) user who had odd wrist and elbow pain throughout my younger days.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13051 posts
1707 upvotes
Guess the earlier 5-setter took too much of Pospisil. He lost a 5-setter in doubles.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3216 posts
128 upvotes
Adelaide
ji2o0k wrote:
Jul 7th, 2015 9:56 am
Djoker is through! What a scare from Kevin Andersen...

Damn, Kygrios triggered a crazy tirade from some old Australian legend...what a social media storm!
Yah, living in Australia now so been seeing it on the news. Apparently she had her fair shair of contreversy in the past in basically is just an old racist.

Watched Kygrios' game yesterday though and man he imploded in that final tiebreak. 2 double faults to lose it
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3780 posts
529 upvotes
Kyrgios is acting like a rebellious teenage brat. He deserves to be scorned and ridiculed.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19060 posts
1380 upvotes
fleabaggs wrote:
Jul 8th, 2015 9:12 am
Can Pospisil beat murray?????

I wish I could watch :(
The answer is no...

Feddy into the quarters with a straight set win over Simon..Murray is IN...

Djoker vs Cilic...that is a good match!

Stan should win over Gasquet..

Can't believe azaranka lost...she had the first set!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)