The Official TENNIS Thread - Everything About Tennis

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 8:53 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13058 posts
1709 upvotes
No one can match Serena right now. She can only beat herself.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10904 posts
1484 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Raonic and Pospisil are not participating in Davis Cup. Does that mean it's up to Frank Dancevic now?!?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jun 11, 2004
769 posts
39 upvotes
Looks like it's going to be a replay of last years finals, fed is a beast... I'd like to see him win another grandslam
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13058 posts
1709 upvotes
Incredible game by Murray and Federer. Very surprised it was over in straight sets but Federer got breaks at the most opportune times (excluding the 5 set points he wasted in one game).

If Federer brings that level against Djokovic he could win on Sunday.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jun 11, 2004
769 posts
39 upvotes
Yea, he was serving well, didn't give Murray many opportunities to break. He plays those key points so well.
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2015 3:10 pm
Incredible game by Murray and Federer. Very surprised it was over in straight sets but Federer got breaks at the most opportune times (excluding the 5 set points he wasted in one game).

If Federer brings that level against Djokovic he could win on Sunday.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10904 posts
1484 upvotes
City of Vancouver
It's over. I can finally get back to my normal sleep schedule.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1277 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Novak too good today... Was really pulling for Roger to pick up his 18th
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1277 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
asdisme wrote:
Jul 28th, 2015 11:46 pm
Any recommendation for stringers DT Toronto? Surprised to see the rise in price for stringing labour on Kijiji (Uses to pay $10 and now it is like $15-$20 BYOS)

Anyone used this service before?:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-tennis-and-racke ... nFlag=true
Pretty decent prices. Most people don't break their strings often enough for a few dollars to matter in the long run. Better to pay a bit more for better quality. Yes, there are several ways to do a crappy job!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3867 posts
559 upvotes
In Montreal, I pay roughly $17 ($15 + tax) at the Uniprix Stadium shop. Independent stringers charge $15 so I don't see the point in using them to save $2. The biggest cost is the strings so I just buy mine in rolls on eBay.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1277 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
JustBob wrote:
Jul 29th, 2015 9:59 pm
In Montreal, I pay roughly $17 ($15 + tax) at the Uniprix Stadium shop. Independent stringers charge $15 so I don't see the point in using them to save $2. The biggest cost is the strings so I just buy mine in rolls on eBay.
As a stringer, I enjoy that one on one interaction with my clients. I give them exactly what they want and I think that's where independent stringers have an edge. You build good relationships with repeat clients so that the savings (or lack thereof) don't matter anymore.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)