• Mar 21st, 2017 8:11 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
4750 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I played tennis for the first time in like 10 years this summer and really enjoyed it. I don't know how often I'll play, but I figured I'd buy a racquet in case I do play. I have friends that play so I can go with them. I was looking at this one:

http://www.merchantoftennis.com/collect ... 1226746133

I spoke to some friends and they have given me mixed opinions. Some say it's a good deal and I should bounce on it, but others have said it's too expensive as a beginners racquet. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1244 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
maebach wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2015 10:47 am
Hi everyone,

I played tennis for the first time in like 10 years this summer and really enjoyed it. I don't know how often I'll play, but I figured I'd buy a racquet in case I do play. I have friends that play so I can go with them. I was looking at this one:

http://www.merchantoftennis.com/collect ... 1226746133

I spoke to some friends and they have given me mixed opinions. Some say it's a good deal and I should bounce on it, but others have said it's too expensive as a beginners racquet. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Find a buddy and get in on this BOGO. And use your team assist coupon too! Plus you save on stringing. You won't notice much of a difference between the sub $100 and more expensive models if you're a beginner.
Jan 15, 2011
54 posts
11 upvotes
TENNIS COACH NEEDED - PRIVATE LESSONS

Can anyone recommend a decent coach for private lessons? My preference is for someone who can play on a court downtown or west Toronto. And, as this is RFD, I'm not looking to blow a lot of money. Looking for a value. I know every club has a pro, but you need to be a member at the club...or (at some clubs) pay a hefty surcharge.

Note: I'm about a NTRP 4 level player that's looking to take my game up a notch.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1244 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
User9384 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2015 11:52 pm
TENNIS COACH NEEDED - PRIVATE LESSONS

Can anyone recommend a decent coach for private lessons? My preference is for someone who can play on a court downtown or west Toronto. And, as this is RFD, I'm not looking to blow a lot of money. Looking for a value. I know every club has a pro, but you need to be a member at the club...or (at some clubs) pay a hefty surcharge.

Note: I'm about a NTRP 4 level player that's looking to take my game up a notch.
Budget? What exactly is not a lot of money to you?
Jan 17, 2008
169 posts
3 upvotes
Any good tennis racquet deals out there for a beginner/intermediate player? I'm willing to spend as much as $80
Jun 11, 2004
749 posts
39 upvotes
trini wrote:
Aug 17th, 2015 9:11 am
I'm looking to get 2 bags and or racket covers for my kids.
These things are expensive.
How old? If they are young enough, junior racquets should suffice. Sport chek usually has buy one get the 2nd one half off. I believe there's a 20% off GC and with team assist, you can get a decent deal.
Jun 11, 2004
749 posts
39 upvotes
Great match yesterday murray and novak.

Happy to see murray take the win.

Looking forward to US open. Will fed be seeded 2nd? or Murray?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1244 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
User9384 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2015 12:52 am
$30-50/hour
You'll be looking at $50+ plus membership at most reputable clubs. You can consider bringing a buddy to reduce your fee.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3202 posts
124 upvotes
Adelaide
dark chaos wrote:
Aug 16th, 2015 11:39 pm
Any good tennis racquet deals out there for a beginner/intermediate player? I'm willing to spend as much as $80
Do you have access to a Costco? I bought a head tennis racquet from an australian Costco for a good price and a quick look online seems to show that american ones has the same one as well. Looks like this

[IMG]http://costcocouple.com/wp-content/uplo ... stco-3.jpg[/IMG]

If I recall it was about 60-70 bucks here in Australia. The racquet seems a bit light maybe but has been fine for me and I am an intermediate player.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3258 posts
256 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
What are the chances Serena wins the US Open?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3202 posts
124 upvotes
Adelaide
Typhoonz wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2015 10:05 pm
What are the chances Serena wins the US Open?
I wouldn't bet against her winning it.
Jun 11, 2004
749 posts
39 upvotes
Contrats to fed for winning the cinn. open, novak wasn't playing his greatest but fed's service game was on point.

Think fed will make US open finals?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel