The Official TENNIS Thread - Everything About Tennis

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 8:53 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13064 posts
1715 upvotes
Federer is looking good, but he is at that point in his career where an opponent playing out of his mind can beat him. He lost to Seppi at the Australian Open this year.

It'll depend on the draw. If he has a tough fourth round/quarterfinals matchup he might not make the final even if he wins.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3436 posts
286 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
BongoBong wrote:
Aug 24th, 2015 3:56 am
I wouldn't bet against her winning it.
I hope she does so she wins all of the grandslams this year.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1006 posts
48 upvotes
Anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy a box to tennis balls? I know Costco was selling them earlier in the month but I missed it and they're all gone now.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
1140 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
I am looking for a partner(s) to play tennis with. I am around level 4-4.5 I have access to a private court at my condo (Bremner/Spadina) in Toronto but am open to travelling to other courts. PM me.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10929 posts
1487 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Ordered some tennis skorts from adidas.ca. They had no tennis ball pockets, even tho the pros' version have that feature?!????
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7752 posts
346 upvotes
Djokovic vs Raonic... Indian Wells final... what a letdown.

6-2 6-0... 6 freakin ZERO.

Good news... seems outdoor tennis is just around the corner... indoor tennis is so absurdly expensive in the GTA it's a joke.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10929 posts
1487 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Kudos to the match commentaters during the Djokovic/Raonic Indian Wells final for saying live on air that the tournament CEO should step down for the sexist comments he made.
Nov 4, 2011
27 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
Becks wrote:
Feb 25th, 2016 7:26 pm
Ordered some tennis skorts from adidas.ca. They had no tennis ball pockets, even tho the pros' version have that feature?!????
Late reply, but pretty sure the pros just stick the ball in the shorts.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2030 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Any deals on tennis balls? Hopefully Costco deal comes through again.
Live, Eat, Sleep, Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7752 posts
346 upvotes
Pick up my set last week, $50 or so... seems they raised it $5 from last year if I recall, still the best deal you can get for decent tennis balls.
asdisme wrote:
Mar 26th, 2016 10:15 pm
Any deals on tennis balls? Hopefully Costco deal comes through again.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2030 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
sleepyguy wrote:
Mar 28th, 2016 1:43 pm
Pick up my set last week, $50 or so... seems they raised it $5 from last year if I recall, still the best deal you can get for decent tennis balls.
Thanks. Yeah, about $3/can is better than what other retailers are selling it for.
Live, Eat, Sleep, Breathe RFD!! :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7752 posts
346 upvotes
Fed has just been unreal this year (except for the Donskey hiccup which he should have won anyway), beats Nadal twice (Aussie, Indian Wells). Just won IW 1000 vs Wawrinka. Plays unlike anyone on the tour (all court, takes ball on the rise from anywhere), he's just amazing.

At 35 this guy is unreal... where Agassi was good at 35 but was really struggling fitness wise, Fed looks fresh and ready to play 5 setters all day long. Pro tennis won't be the same once he hangs it up.

I hope he wins at least one more French (unlikely) or Wimbledon (most likely) before the year is done. He's stated he'll play at least 2 more years barring any injuries.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
Fed is an ageless wonder....absolutely incredible and the subtle changes he has made to his game has helped a lot!!

Dood plays so effortlessly...the slightly larger racket head has helped, esp. The backhand side....

And now he has the confidence as well...feddy has his mojo back!!

And with djoker slumping and Raja struggling, Murray inconsistent...I also hope fed wins1 or 2 more GSes!!
Jan 17, 2011
203 posts
11 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:22 pm
Fed has just been unreal this year (except for the Donskey hiccup which he should have won anyway), beats Nadal twice (Aussie, Indian Wells). Just won IW 1000 vs Wawrinka. Plays unlike anyone on the tour (all court, takes ball on the rise from anywhere), he's just amazing.

At 35 this guy is unreal... where Agassi was good at 35 but was really struggling fitness wise, Fed looks fresh and ready to play 5 setters all day long. Pro tennis won't be the same once he hangs it up.

I hope he wins at least one more French (unlikely) or Wimbledon (most likely) before the year is done. He's stated he'll play at least 2 more years barring any injuries.
I agree he is more likely to win the Wimbledon than French Open! Just amazing how he has been surging yet again!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7752 posts
346 upvotes
And Federer wins Miami 1000... AMAZING! And vs Nadal yet again! Nadal had pretty much cakewalk draw, while Federer faced Del Petro, Berdych and Kyrios to the Final.

Really smart move of his team to skip the grueling Clay season and just play the French... then focus on Wimbledon, to get #19
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com