• Dec 11th, 2018 6:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 6, 2012
101 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto

[Official Thread] Ask me about Mackage!

Former exec here. Known the two designers personally before they even graduated from design school in Montreal. Avid collector, owner of basically every men's jacket Mackage ever made.

Ask me anything about the brand.

www.mackage.ca
21 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12075 posts
1788 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Do u recommend a cream to protect the leather?
[OP]
Jul 6, 2012
101 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Sure, I recommend the 3-in-1 leather care kit by Danier. Fantastic value (cream lasts forever) and effectiveness. It brings out the best of the famous Makcage leather scent as well.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2012
101 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 8:07 pm
How do you pronounce Mackage?
ma-KAHge.

The name was based on one of the designer's niece's mispronounciation of the French word for make up, "maquillage" (ma-kee-AHge).
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2133 posts
340 upvotes
i have the "Mitch" from a few seasons ago, got it in the "camel" or whatever...it's a khaki colour

reached out to Mackage to get a recommended cleaner and went to many other cleaners that Holt Renfrew/Harry Rosen but no one would wash it without me acknolwedge that the leather trim could run and ruin the jacket....

the mackage support team just gave up and stop responding to me, and my jacket still remain uncleaned. what do YOU suggest?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2117 posts
529 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Are these designed for skinny people because the models looks borderline anorexic? I'm average build myself.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5049 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyway you can hook me up to some jackets at a significant discount? Feel free to PM me. Looking for one thats for milder winters like 0 to -5. Thnx!
[OP]
Jul 6, 2012
101 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
c_snapper wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 10:15 pm
i have the "Mitch" from a few seasons ago, got it in the "camel" or whatever...it's a khaki colour

reached out to Mackage to get a recommended cleaner and went to many other cleaners that Holt Renfrew/Harry Rosen but no one would wash it without me acknolwedge that the leather trim could run and ruin the jacket....

the mackage support team just gave up and stop responding to me, and my jacket still remain uncleaned. what do YOU suggest?
That really shouldn't happen, sorry about that. I wish I could help you directly, but I don't work for corporate anymore. I'd suggest partially cleaning the jacket only with cleaning sprays and dusters. Better than nothing!
[OP]
Jul 6, 2012
101 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
NixxonExxo wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 10:57 pm
Are these designed for skinny people because the models looks borderline anorexic? I'm average build myself.
They have among the slimmest fit among all major winter jacket brands - the bombers hug you even closer than the Parajumpers gobi. I would suggest taking the same size as you would for your suit jacket - 36 for 36, etc. This trim cut is really the USP of the brand; the designers wanted to create something warm like a puffer but also sexy and flattering like a leather jacket.
[OP]
Jul 6, 2012
101 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Nov 25th, 2015 7:55 am
Anyway you can hook me up to some jackets at a significant discount? Feel free to PM me. Looking for one thats for milder winters like 0 to -5. Thnx!
I unfortunately cannot, but both Mackage and SSENSE have a Black Friday sale on right now, so go check them out!
Dec 5, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
I recently purchased a Mackage Blaine jacket from Harry Rosen Toronto. I was trying to find some info or review or something on this specific jacket online but there is literally no mention about it anywhere and which led me to think if this is an authentic mackage item or not. I'm also interested to know the fill power of this jacket and up to what temperature it can withstand.

http://www.harryrosen.com/clothing/oute ... p/46550028
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
2952 posts
669 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Why would it be fake if you bought straight from Harry Rosen? No reviews doesn't mean it's fake. I have a mackage jacket and there's also no reviews but I purchased it from sporting life instead on kijiji so I know what I'm getting is not fake.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
I love pecoats. Why don't they make classic ones?
Feb 26, 2009
749 posts
116 upvotes
vonkarajanis wrote:
Nov 24th, 2015 5:02 pm
Former exec here. Known the two designers personally before they even graduated from design school in Montreal. Avid collector, owner of basically every men's jacket Mackage ever made.

Ask me anything about the brand.

www.mackage.ca
I have a Stefano that comes with black fur hood but would like to change it to non-black one.

Does Mackage sell after market fur hood for their parkas?

TIA.