• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2018 11:38 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2746 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
khabib did what connor has been doing for ages.
Realtor - Platinum award winner
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4394 posts
1114 upvotes
Winnipeg
Great way to increase ratings. Is any of this set up WWE style? Next match a tag team vs the Hulk and Steve Austin
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
2836 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto and London
Connor got embarrassed and deservingly so.

There is a line when it comes to trash talk.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
2836 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto and London
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 2:37 am
Khabib dominated, but what a stupid thing him and his team pulled. The fallout from this should be interesting.
Connor threw the first punch:

No wonder he didn't want to press charges.

Hopefully Connor learned not to mess with that part of the world as they are clearly about that life!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1902 posts
334 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 10:01 am
Connor threw the first punch:

No wonder he didn't want to press charges.

Hopefully Connor learned not to mess with that part of the world as they are clearly about that life!!!
But Khabib jumped out of the cage first to attack someone to initiate this whole thing. Connor did throw the punch on top of the cage but three guys attempted to attack him afterwards.

I love the trash talk and promos to sell fights, but crap like this and the bus incident are so ridiculous and unnecessary. Khabib and his team are going to be seeing some serious penalties. But not from the UFC though, Dana didn't even slap Connor on the wrist for the bus incident and Khabib will get the same treatment because he needs his stars.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
2836 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto and London
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 10:20 am
But Khabib jumped out of the cage first to attack someone to initiate this whole thing. Connor did throw the punch on top of the cage but three guys attempted to attack him afterwards.

I love the trash talk and promos to sell fights, but crap like this and the bus incident are so ridiculous and unnecessary. Khabib and his team are going to be seeing some serious penalties. But not from the UFC though, Dana didn't even slap Connor on the wrist for the bus incident and Khabib will get the same treatment because he needs his stars.
The melee started because of the history between Khabib and Danis compound by all the crap Connor spewed about Khabib's religion, family, etc. 

Plus that infamous bus incident.

Khabib comes from the part of the world where honour and shame are taken seriously. I don't like what Khabib did but he is a trained killer and it's not up to me to tell him how he should react if someone takes trash talking too far.

Here is current two division Champ summing it up perfectly:

I have seen ppl knocked out for uttering the N word or even even alt right clowns like Spencer get punched. Emotions coupled with human nature will inevitably result in things taking a turn for the worst.

On a side note, this event really resulted in chaos including someone being executed point blank:

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/ ... 34105.html
Last edited by RiftOfChaos on Oct 7th, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
6477 posts
3603 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 1:57 am
Couple of facts for folks.

Brendan Schaub is an oracle.

Post-win fight was a legendary mess.

Elderly man is left bereft of joy.
Man Dana has put on weight
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1902 posts
334 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 10:53 am
The melee started because of the history between Khabib and Danis compound by all the crap Connor spewed about Khabib's religion, family, etc. 

Plus that infamous bus incident.

Khabib comes from the part of the world where honour and shame are taken seriously. I don't like what Khabib did but he is a trained killer and it's not up to me to tell him how he should react even someone takes trash talking too far.

Here is current two division Champ summing it up perfectly:

I have seen ppl knocked out for uttering the N word or even even alt right clowns like Spencer get punched. Emotions coupled with human nature will inevitably result in things taking a turn for the worst.

On a side note, this event really resulted in chaos including someone being executed point blank:

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/ ... 34105.html
I get it, but Khabib proved his point by schooling Connor.
Should've ended it there. Doesn't excuse him for attacking Connor's team outside of the cage. I can't help but feel Khabib is too thin skinned for selling fights.

Connor is a salesman and knows how to market and sell fights, and most fighters can only dream of getting matched up with him because it means a million dollar pay day. You just have to endure the antics and nonsense that comes out of Connor's mouth.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2746 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
So throwing a trolley onto a bus and smashing the window, two people got hurt , is part of the marketing?

Give me a break. Dana let Conor take things way too far. Was Conor suspended? no..
Realtor - Platinum award winner
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
2733 posts
2632 upvotes
UFC 229: Post-Fight Brawl (Multiple Angles)

UFC 229: Victor, Derrick Lewis, on 'Ballz Hot', an Honorable Defense of Trump, and Gassing

UFC 229: Post-Post-Fight Interview with Lewis
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
2836 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto and London
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 11:15 am
I get it, but Khabib proved his point by schooling Connor.
Should've ended it there. Doesn't excuse him for attacking Connor's team outside of the cage. I can't help but feel Khabib is too thin skinned for selling fights.

Connor is a salesman and knows how to market and sell fights, and most fighters can only dream of getting matched up with him because it means a million dollar pay day. You just have to endure the antics and nonsense that comes out of Connor's mouth.
That's exactly it. Khabib wasn't in it just for the money, he has said this multiple times.

Different cultures and when you play with fire, you get what you saw last night. Connor hopefully learned his lesson.

Btw Connor has a history so let's not pretend Khabib and his crew did all of this to an innocent guy.

Connor also has done the following:
- threw bottles at Diaz's crew during presser
- went into the crowd to confront Aldo
- went after a referee during one of his buddy's fights

Connor tried playing games with Khabib and found out the hard way. The bully got exposed and taught a lesson.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1902 posts
334 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 1:11 pm
That's exactly it. Khabib wasn't in it just for the money, he has said this multiple times.

Different cultures and when you play with fire, you get what you saw last night. Connor hopefully learned his lesson.

Btw Connor has a history so let's not pretend Khabib and his crew did all of this to an innocent guy.

Connor also has done the following:
- threw bottles at Diaz's crew during presser
- went into the crowd to confront Aldo
- went after a referee during one of his buddy's fights

Connor tried playing games with Khabib and found out the hard way. The bully got exposed and taught a lesson.
Completely agree that Connor had to eat a big ol'slice of humble pie.

I don't have a favourite and just enjoy a good fight, but Khabib clearly initiated the melee yesterday, regardless of the history and lead up to the fight. Khabib and team will be penalized for it.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
2733 posts
2632 upvotes
Khabib did not initiate anything yesterday, someone from Connors camp started shit talking Khabib's background and family right after the tap out and Khabib went rogue on him. Things escalated from there.

Also, Connor threw the first punch against Khabib's crew when they were elevated on the ring.

Connor instigated up to this point, and got the result he exactly sought.

Overall, very entertaining. God bless.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
2836 posts
1335 upvotes
Toronto and London
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 1:19 pm
Completely agree that Connor had to eat a big ol'slice of humble pie.

I don't have a favourite and just enjoy a good fight, but Khabib clearly initiated the melee yesterday, regardless of the history and lead up to the fight. Khabib and team will be penalized for it.
I hope not. I want to see more fights.

Khabib versus that crazy Ferguson guy will hopefully happen after several failed attempts.

Connor vs Diaz 3 would be great too.