• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 1:53 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
You folks are dreaming.

The big fight is Connor v. Khabib 2. All the shit talking leading up to that should be thoroughly entertaining.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3032 posts
1612 upvotes
Toronto and London
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 1:35 pm
You folks are dreaming.

The big fight is Connor v. Khabib 2. All the shit talking leading up to that should be thoroughly entertaining.
Khabib annihilated Connor. Connor would only do it for the money. I think he is officially shook.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 1:41 pm
Khabib annihilated Connor. Connor would only do it for the money. I think he is officially shook.
An animal is most dangerous when they're shaken.

I'm not ready for this ride to end.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20096 posts
1764 upvotes
Toronto
they'll definitely do a re-match, too much $$ not to do one...........

But Khabib is going to be suspended most likely - Dana won't do it (too chicken) but Nevada State Athletic Commission will.....6 months perhaps?

In the meantime, Connor can do a trilogy with Nate Diaz in the meantime....
Aug 22, 2010
179 posts
68 upvotes
Conor didnt listen to his corner who told him to let Khabib come to him. He didn't circle off with his back against the cage. Expected Khabib to maul him.
Aug 22, 2010
179 posts
68 upvotes
The irish were getting smashed left and right. Saw a short clip of Russian fans going at it with Irish fans in the lobby. Irish fan got KO'ed cold
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
icexman83 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 3:10 pm
The irish were getting smashed left and right. Saw a short clip of Russian fans going at it with Irish fans in the lobby. Irish fan got KO'ed cold
On the hardness scale, Russian trumps Irish.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
Rogan and Co. talking about what happened right after the fight

Highlight: Something foul was said from Connor's corner to Khabib that set him off. Khabib comes from a religious honor society, and C-team knew exactly what to say to play on that.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6720 posts
1272 upvotes
Mississauga
antigua1999 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 9:58 pm
In my opinion Conor believes his own hype. I don't believe Conor has a chance to win but heaven forbid if he wins he wont be able to get his head through any door.
Its nice to be right.

Dana asked for the after fight WWE style to get ready for Brock if he ever comes.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
Dana is not a master strategist, he just let this spiral out of control because it's an immense media event and a huge moneymaker.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
Chael Sonnen and Ariel Helwani discuss Post-Fight Brawl

Chael is putting too much blame on Khabib, Khabib and company were wrong in allowing this assault to unfold, but it's clear who the instigators were. Connor's circle egged Khabib on, leading him to jump the octagon. Meanwhile Khabib's boy did the same thing to Connor, where Connor launched the first fist, with Khabib's guy lighting him up thereafter.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9844 posts
1798 upvotes
Montréal
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 10:01 am
Connor threw the first punch:

No wonder he didn't want to press charges.

Hopefully Connor learned not to mess with that part of the world as they are clearly about that life!!!
Tx, I was looking for that.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9844 posts
1798 upvotes
Montréal
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 11:15 am
I get it, but Khabib proved his point by schooling Connor.
Should've ended it there. Doesn't excuse him for attacking Connor's team outside of the cage. I can't help but feel Khabib is too thin skinned for selling fights.

Connor is a salesman and knows how to market and sell fights, and most fighters can only dream of getting matched up with him because it means a million dollar pay day. You just have to endure the antics and nonsense that comes out of Connor's mouth.
+1

Yup, I get it, some of the stuff apparently was quite personal, but they're just WORDS man, just let his fighting in the cage do the talking. Heck, I didn't even mind him mouthing off at a defeated Conor afterwards but to get triggered like that to jump into the crowd? Guy seemed super chilled, calm and collected but I guess everyone has a boiling pt. Still, not good.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5675 posts
1277 upvotes
Mississauga
tranquility922 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 7:39 pm
+1

Yup, I get it, some of the stuff apparently was quite personal, but they're just WORDS man, just let his fighting in the cage do the talking. Heck, I didn't even mind him mouthing off at a defeated Conor afterwards but to get triggered like that to jump into the crowd? Guy seemed super chilled, calm and collected but I guess everyone has a boiling pt. Still, not good.
I think he actually spat on Connor, not just mouth off after the submission. In society, definitely advocate civilized demeanour.

But this is entertainment, and I'm glad Connor got served! End of the day, he's laughing with $$$, so I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for him, one bit.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9844 posts
1798 upvotes
Montréal
kenchau wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 7:56 pm
I think he actually spat on Connor, not just mouth off after the submission. In society, definitely advocate civilized demeanour.

But this is entertainment, and I'm glad Connor got served! End of the day, he's laughing with $$$, so I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for him, one bit.
I saw that but was thinking naw, couldn't be...it's proven he actually spat on him? That would be sick (literally).