Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5698 posts
1290 upvotes
Mississauga
tranquility922 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 8:10 pm
I saw that but was thinking naw, couldn't be...it's proven he actually spat on him? That would be sick (literally).
I haven't read anywhere. But the way he jerks his head forward is like what someone does when they want to really spit lol. So I just believe it to be.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11357 posts
1786 upvotes
RFD
This answers the claims by some that Conor's antics at the press conferences and pre-build up were not getting into Khabib's mind, even his coach was wrong about what he thought about Khabib. It definitely got to Khabib's head, but the only difference was Khabib was able to channel that inside the octagon during the actual fight and rise to the occasion and not get too emotional with adrenaline dump like Cerrone vs Diaz that it knocked him from doing his game plan everyone knew he was going to do like Jon Fitch on steroids.

The only problem of all of this was Khabib's bone headed decision to cause a melee while his posse joined in. For as pious as people say Khabib is and as Khabib claims to be, he definitely did himself no favors with the public and played exactly into the ugly stereotypes people were floating online and thereby making it true. Truly it is revealed that Conor and Khabib are cut from the same cloth. There is little to no difference between these two. Remember that not too long ago Khabib disrespected and mocked a homeless man by paying him to do push ups for his pleasure while laughing during all of this.

I am reminded by wise words said by Martin Luther King Jr which said, and is exactly what happened in this case, "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness."

Khabib f**cked up bad. He could have chose to demonstrate how a true champion should act and behave, but he shot himself in the foot badly. Now the repercussions are going to affect his future with the possibility of his visa being revoked, belt stripped, definitely fined, suspended by the athletic commission, and he won himself no new fans except the ones who condone this kind of stuff.

Man I miss Georges St-Pierre being champion and a true role model
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3906 posts
3820 upvotes
A pious man is still a man, and all men have the capacity for violence if pushed.

Khabib, from a religious honor society, was pushed enough... and he pushed back.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3049 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto and London
radeonboy wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 9:39 pm
This answers the claims by some that Conor's antics at the press conferences and pre-build up were not getting into Khabib's mind, even his coach was wrong about what he thought about Khabib. It definitely got to Khabib's head, but the only difference was Khabib was able to channel that inside the octagon during the actual fight and rise to the occasion and not get too emotional with adrenaline dump like Cerrone vs Diaz that it knocked him from doing his game plan everyone knew he was going to do like Jon Fitch on steroids.

The only problem of all of this was Khabib's bone headed decision to cause a melee while his posse joined in. For as pious as people say Khabib is and as Khabib claims to be, he definitely did himself no favors with the public and played exactly into the ugly stereotypes people were floating online and thereby making it true. Truly it is revealed that Conor and Khabib are cut from the same cloth. There is little to no difference between these two. Remember that not too long ago Khabib disrespected and mocked a homeless man by paying him to do push ups for his pleasure while laughing during all of this.

I am reminded by wise words said by Martin Luther King Jr which said, and is exactly what happened in this case, "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness."

Khabib f**cked up bad. He could have chose to demonstrate how a true champion should act and behave, but he shot himself in the foot badly. Now the repercussions are going to affect his future with the possibility of his visa being revoked, belt stripped, definitely fined, suspended by the athletic commission, and he won himself no new fans except the ones who condone this kind of stuff.

Man I miss Georges St-Pierre being champion and a true role model
It was his cousin who was in the video giving money to the homeless but Khabib was definitely laughing which is bad pr.

Connor and Khabib are not cut from the same cloth. One is a fake tough guy (relatively speaking of course) and the other is about that life!

McGregor: "It's only business." Khabib: "Guess so.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ufc/comments/9 ... 1546941154
Nov 29, 2009
313 posts
46 upvotes
Conor cheated the whole fight too. Someone on reddit made a video of all the illegal moves Conor made. https://streamable.com/ts1oj

illegal elbow, illegal knee, holding gloves, grabbing shorts, wrapping toes around fence...this dude was desperate
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11357 posts
1786 upvotes
RFD
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 10:54 pm
A pious man is still a man, and all men have the capacity for violence if pushed.

Khabib, from a religious honor society, was pushed enough... and he pushed back.
He already pushed back, he beat up Conor bad. That should have been the end of it.

But he decided of all people to get back to is that nobody scrub Dillon Danis. I mean why choose Dillon Danis? What an extremely stupid decision on Khabib's part. You ruined your future and your posse's for Dillon Danis, I mean that is so funny.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3049 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto and London
radeonboy wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 10:21 am
He already pushed back, he beat up Conor bad. That should have been the end of it.

But he decided of all people to get back to is that nobody scrub Dillon Danis. I mean why choose Dillon Danis? What an extremely stupid decision on Khabib's part. You ruined your future and your posse's for Dillon Danis, I mean that is so funny.
Khabib cemented himself as a LEGEND and the true Notorious one.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ufc/comments/9 ... shing_him/

Connor cheated MULTIPLE times throughout the match and still got destroyed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
Ya, that illegal knee could've changed the result, luckily it didn't. Shame Conor had to resort to cheating.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Aug 21, 2018
79 posts
9 upvotes
What an amazing performance by Khabib. Completely dominated Conor from start to finish. I loved the environment of the sports bar I went out to watch it at as it was clearly divided between Khabib and Conor.

It's just unfortunate what happened afterwards with the brawl. After all the disrespect Conor threw Khabib's way with attacking his faith (Islam), his father, his country and throwing a dolly at a bus and injuring several others, (Conor also attacked a referee in another MMA organization as well) Khabib couldn't contain his frustration and hopped the fence to go after the loud mouth named Dillon Danis who was yelling at him outside of the cage. But the melee inside the cage was started by Conor when he punched one of Khabib's guys on top of the octagon.

Compared to what Conor did, Khabib didn't do much. I believe he only deserves a small fine but limited to no suspension. It's up to the Nevada State Athletic Commission though. If he gets anymore than that, then they're being hypocritical against Khabib compared to the horrific actions Conor pulled. It will be a double-standard.
Aug 21, 2018
79 posts
9 upvotes
What an amazing performance by Khabib. Completely dominated Conor from start to finish. I loved the environment of the sports bar I went out to watch it at as it was clearly divided between Khabib and Conor.

It's just unfortunate what happened afterwards with the brawl. After all the disrespect Conor threw Khabib's way with attacking his faith (Islam), his father, his country and throwing a dolly at a bus and injuring several others, (Conor also attacked a referee in another MMA organization as well) Khabib couldn't contain his frustration and hopped the fence to go after the loud mouth named Dillon Danis who was yelling at him outside of the cage. But the melee inside the cage was started by Conor when he punched one of Khabib's guys on top of the octagon.

Compared to what Conor did, Khabib didn't do much. I believe he only deserves a small fine but limited to no suspension. It's up to the Nevada State Athletic Commission though. If he gets anymore than that, then they're being hypocritical against Khabib compared to the horrific actions Conor pulled. It will be a double-standard.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3049 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto and London
Connor's own coach said that he didn't think what Khabib did was a big deal:

Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3906 posts
3820 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 5:14 pm

What a well balanced viewpoint, his coach is surprisingly worldly.
EnlightenedMind wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 2:56 pm

You've put things in perspective more eloquently than I have as of yet, this solidly echoes my sentiment.
Aug 21, 2018
79 posts
9 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 8th, 2018 5:14 pm

Yup. I saw this too on the JRE Podcast. There shouldn't be a severe punishment for Khabib by any means if the NSAC is at least partially fair. Let's hope he's able to just get a light fine and that's it. Retain his title and defend against Tony Ferguson next.