• Dec 18th, 2018 5:59 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3906 posts
3819 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 10:02 am
I must admit, i loved every minute of Conor getting smashed in the fight.

the aftermath, not so much
Admit it, you also loved the aftermath.

This rivaled 2005-era WWE in it's fireworks.
Feb 18, 2012
293 posts
153 upvotes
Aurora
radeonboy wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 9:39 pm
This answers the claims by some that Conor's antics at the press conferences and pre-build up were not getting into Khabib's mind, even his coach was wrong about what he thought about Khabib. It definitely got to Khabib's head, but the only difference was Khabib was able to channel that inside the octagon during the actual fight and rise to the occasion and not get too emotional with adrenaline dump like Cerrone vs Diaz that it knocked him from doing his game plan everyone knew he was going to do like Jon Fitch on steroids.

The only problem of all of this was Khabib's bone headed decision to cause a melee while his posse joined in. For as pious as people say Khabib is and as Khabib claims to be, he definitely did himself no favors with the public and played exactly into the ugly stereotypes people were floating online and thereby making it true. Truly it is revealed that Conor and Khabib are cut from the same cloth. There is little to no difference between these two. Remember that not too long ago Khabib disrespected and mocked a homeless man by paying him to do push ups for his pleasure while laughing during all of this.

I am reminded by wise words said by Martin Luther King Jr which said, and is exactly what happened in this case, "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness."

Khabib f**cked up bad. He could have chose to demonstrate how a true champion should act and behave, but he shot himself in the foot badly. Now the repercussions are going to affect his future with the possibility of his visa being revoked, belt stripped, definitely fined, suspended by the athletic commission, and he won himself no new fans except the ones who condone this kind of stuff.

Man I miss Georges St-Pierre being champion and a true role model
He could've walked away a victim who turned into a hero.
Instead, he made himself the bigger villain.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3906 posts
3819 upvotes
jmb2027 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 10:07 am
He could've walked away a victim who turned into a hero.
Instead, he made himself the bigger villain.
That's pure exaggeration, Connor and his crew said some foul things about his posse. Anyone who knows Khabib knows that he's kind to a tee, but coming from a religious honor society, folks are extremely kind until they're not. Khabib took a lot from Camp Connor before blowing up.
Feb 18, 2012
293 posts
153 upvotes
Aurora
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 10:28 am
That's pure exaggeration, Connor and his crew said some foul things about his posse. Anyone who knows Khabib knows that he's kind to a tee, but coming from a religious honor society, folks are extremely kind until they're not. Khabib took a lot from Camp Connor before blowing up.
Great mentality.
You talk trash to me? I will smash you (illegally outside of the sport).
That's mob mentality.
All Khabib did was prove people's negative view on his personality, culture, and religion.

He talks all this talk about his father always teaching him respect, but someone who truly respects the term "respect" is someone who respects people that don't respect him in return.
He's not the law, he's not the UFC, he can't make a decision on who gets punished for what they've done.
How can you claim to want to change the game of "trash talking" if you're combating it with something worse (violence)?

Both fighters are POS.

GSP GOAT.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3049 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto and London
jmb2027 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 10:45 am
Great mentality.
You talk trash to me? I will smash you (illegally outside of the sport).
That's mob mentality.
All Khabib did was prove people's negative view on his personality, culture, and religion.

He talks all this talk about his father always teaching him respect, but someone who truly respects the term "respect" is someone who respects people that don't respect him in return.
He's not the law, he's not the UFC, he can't make a decision on who gets punished for what they've done.
How can you claim to want to change the game of "trash talking" if you're combating it with something worse (violence)?

Both fighters are POS.

GSP GOAT.
He went after another mma fighter who is also a coach of a UFC star.

This is not akin to Artest going after that fan in Detroit.

Even Connor's coach said it's not a big deal so why can't you get over it?

The pearl clutching from some of you is baffling. Also just a reminder, this is a violent sport with violent individuals. You'd expect the higher road bs in pro leagues like the NBA, NFL etc but not here.

Connor and his crew got their comeuppance.
Feb 18, 2012
293 posts
153 upvotes
Aurora
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:22 am
He went after another mma fighter who is also a coach of a UFC star.

This is not akin to Artest going after that fan in Detroit.

Even Connor's coach said it's not a big deal so why can't you get over it?

The pearl clutching from some of you is baffling. Also just a reminder, this is a violent sport with violent individuals. You'd expect the higher road bs in pro leagues like the NBA, NFL etc but not here.

Connor and his crew got their comeuppance.
Stop repeating what JR said.
JR is also a trained fighter. John Kavanagh is also a trained fighter.
Of course it doesn't look as bad in their eyes.
Tell that to the governor who is just an average person.
Unlike most hypocrites on here, I made a big deal with Conor's bus attack and I'm going to make a big deal on Khabib's team.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3049 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto and London
jmb2027 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 11:34 am
Stop repeating what JR said.
JR is also a trained fighter. John Kavanagh is also a trained fighter.
Of course it doesn't look as bad in their eyes.
Tell that to the governor who is just an average person.
Unlike most hypocrites on here, I made a big deal with Conor's bus attack and I'm going to make a big deal on Khabib's team.
False equivalence. How many pro fights has JR been in?

Did Khabib go after a fan? The Governor will be fine faux outrage and all.

I don't like what he did but I won't hold it against him given the context, history etc.

The UFC will exploit this just like they exploited the bus attack.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
I'm w/ jmb. They're just freaking words man...what's next, justifying those murders because of that cartoon? Be the bigger man, whatever happened to 'sticks & stones will break my bones...'? Talk about fragile egos, beliefs or whatever.

Ofc Conor's coach is gonna say "no big deal", do you think he wants to look like a punk after his fighter got owned and then his crew afterwards? Ofc he's gonna play that down.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3906 posts
3819 upvotes
@RiftOfChaos is absolutely on point. We're making more out of this for Khabib that anyone did for Connor, we could speculate as to why, but the truth is... folks are beating on Khabib more harshly right out of the pen when they gave Connor a mile of rope.

Context matters, and while it doesn't excuse Khabib and company, it's a mitigating factor. When culture, family, religion, and personal honor are besmirched, we can't act gobsmacked when folks respond... again it's no excuse, but it carries weight in this conversation.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9333 posts
322 upvotes
Pretty sure this all this footage will be used by the UFC to promote the rematch.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2042 posts
138 upvotes
I think the fact we're not use to seeing MMA brawls after fights made this a bigger headline then it should be. Fights happen in baseball and basketball players when benches clear. Hockey brawls were way crazier back in the day.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9918 posts
1821 upvotes
Montréal
No one's saying Conor and crew are innocent and didn't deserve a beating, just that there are better ways/times/places to exact vengeance. Even Khabib's dad says his son's wrong and that outside of the cage is off-limits. His son still has much to learn.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
1573 posts
289 upvotes
Ontario
I really think that so called fight after the match was staged. It looked so much like a baseball fight. Were there even any injuries?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18082 posts
1598 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Wilmega wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 12:37 pm
I think the fact we're not use to seeing MMA brawls after fights made this a bigger headline then it should be. Fights happen in baseball and basketball players when benches clear. Hockey brawls were way crazier back in the day.
Back in the day is a pretty weak argument. Back in the day you used be able to grab girls arses and it was considered OK. I can't imagine how long a player would be suspended for these days if they were to jump into the stands to fight a father from the opposing team.

I mean Paul Daley was banned from the UFC for life for sucker punching Koscheck after their fight while both me were still in the ring and no dolly went through any windows.