Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9844 posts
1798 upvotes
Montréal
webshark wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:25 pm
I really think that so called fight after the match was staged. It looked so much like a baseball fight. Were there even any injuries?
I can be quite cynical myself but where do you see that? Security did a good job, that's all it showed given the speed in which everything happened.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2041 posts
138 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:27 pm
Back in the day is a pretty weak argument. Back in the day you used be able to grab girls arses and it was considered OK. I can't imagine how long a player would be suspended for these days if they were to jump into the stands to fight a father from the opposing team.

I mean Paul Daley was banned from the UFC for life for sucker punching Koscheck after their fight while both me were still in the ring and no dolly went through any windows.
I never said what Khabib did was ok, but the fact ppl are calling him to be banned, arrested and saying this is worst thing ever to happen in sports just makes me laugh. Now a few days after the incident a lot of MMA personalities i.e. Bisping, Serra, Rogan, Ariel - who were condemning Khabib have taken a step back on their initial reaction.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
Wilmega wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:20 pm
I never said what Khabib did was ok, but the fact ppl are calling him to be banned, arrested and saying this is worst thing ever to happen in sports just makes me laugh. Now a few days after the incident a lot of MMA personalities i.e. Bisping, Serra, Rogan, Ariel - who were condemning Khabib have taken a step back on their initial reaction.
You know folks, Khabib won... he won, when all is said and done. He destroyed Connor, and that's all that really matters. All the post-fight antics and arm-chair quarterbacking is a distraction.

Here's Putin honoring Khabib, a pretty good translated dialogue for the curious:
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3032 posts
1612 upvotes
Toronto and London
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:27 pm
Back in the day is a pretty weak argument. Back in the day you used be able to grab girls arses and it was considered OK. I can't imagine how long a player would be suspended for these days if they were to jump into the stands to fight a father from the opposing team.

I mean Paul Daley was banned from the UFC for life for sucker punching Koscheck after their fight while both me were still in the ring and no dolly went through any windows.
Paul Daley was also not a UFC star.

Look at how many chances Jon Jones got and he is fighting at the end of the year. I'd say he did far more egregious acts (ie hit and run on a pregnant lady IIRC) among all the drug violations.
Last edited by RiftOfChaos on Oct 11th, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11851 posts
1802 upvotes
London
Got my UFC 231 ticket

Can't wait! 2 title fights <3
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11851 posts
1802 upvotes
London
I don't know why everyone at UFC is acting like Conor didn't throw the first punch inside the cage.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1969 posts
351 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 9:14 am
Paul Daley was also not a UFC star.

Look at how many chances Jon Jones got and he is fighting at the end of the year. I'd say he did far more egregious acts (ie hit and run on a pregnant lady IIRC) among all the drug violations.
UFC is a joke when it comes to their treatment of their fighters. If you're not a star that draws, they'll treat you like crap and throw the book at you if you attempt anything close to what Connor, Jones, and Khabib did.

Anyone see that UFC 230 has Cormier vs. Lewis? How ridiculous is that. Lewis said he didn't want a title shot because he wasn't in shape, and a week ago Cormier said his hand and wrist was messed up and couldn't take a fight. Then poof, UFC makes the fight. Money talks.

And they're stripping Cormier of the Light Heavyweight title so that Jones and Gustafsson can fight for the title. UFC feels the need to make every main event a title match.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3810 posts
3749 upvotes
Folks who've been following Khabib won't be surprised by that Twitter video, @RiftOfChaos. Khabib is a gentleman, but all men have a limit and he was pushed to his after an exhausting fight. The vitriol from the Connor camp was viscous, and it's being downplayed in many circles.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6720 posts
1272 upvotes
Mississauga
Viper98 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:27 am
I don't know why everyone at UFC is acting like Conor didn't throw the first punch inside the cage.
Conor got what he deserved. Conor is the guy that used to be on the back of comic books kicking sand in everybody faces until somebody stands up just like Khabib did.
Oct 7, 2018
6 posts
I personally like Conor and did support him for the event, but what I did not support him was the trash talk he did at the Press Conference. Whatever it is be it promoting his own fight, making enough money even by loosing, that is not how he should have behaved.
And if Conor believes he did nothing wrong, then I believe Khabib's post-match actions are justified as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9844 posts
1798 upvotes
Montréal
Well, they're both wrong in their own ways. Conor ought to have known Khabib may be more sensitive to slings due to cultural differences but that doesn't excuse him flying outta the cage to try to smash his coach. If one listens carefully to his dad and Putin, they don't really support his crazy post-fight behavior.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4624 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
airmail wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 7:43 am
Great way to increase ratings. Is any of this set up WWE style?
Khabib vs. Connor 2 should now be in Hell in a Cell so Khabib (or Connor) is unable to jump out the octagon to attack any member of the opposing team.