• Dec 10th, 2018 5:54 pm
Tags:
Sep 23, 2013
373 posts
177 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 3:47 am
I didn't think Khabib looked tired at all although he might've taken the third round off.
Maybe he wasn't tired but he definitely slowed down. Tony pushes a really high pace, if he's going to slow down against a guy with McGregor's style, Tony will be a nightmare. Now the good news is he can always work on improving his cardio/pace.
Life and Health Insurance Agent.
Licensed with 8 companies, access to nearly a dozen more.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6720 posts
1272 upvotes
Mississauga
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 3:47 am
I didn't think Khabib looked tired at all although he might've taken the third round off.
I don`t think he was tired either, he had enough energy after he won to jump over the cage and jump on Conor`s people.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4623 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody talking about last night's UFC?
Cormier with an impressive win over a game Lewis

Good win the Jacare. Probably got ko of night.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3802 posts
3741 upvotes
Cormier is a pretender. If Jones were allowed to compete he would've wiped out the Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight division, including DC... who he beat twice. Professional watchers agree that the roids didn't give him those wins, it was clear physical advantage each time.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6406 posts
974 upvotes
T dot 6
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 10:08 am
Cormier is a pretender.
I agree Jones is a better fighter but give Cormier some credit. The list of fighters he has beaten is a impressive list.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Aug 22, 2010
179 posts
68 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Cormier is a pretender. If Jones were allowed to compete he would've wiped out the Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight division, including DC... who he beat twice. Professional watchers agree that the roids didn't give him those wins, it was clear physical advantage each time.
Roids didnt help Jones? I would take DC by KO over a non juiced Jones at heavyweight. If you think roids doesn't help your chin think again.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7675 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
woulda coulda shoulda. if he didn't need the roids to win (and i'm on not saying he did) then why did HE make the choice to take them? JJ's got no one to blame but himself.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3802 posts
3741 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 3:11 pm
woulda coulda shoulda. if he didn't need the roids to win (and i'm on not saying he did) then why did HE make the choice to take them? JJ's got no one to blame but himself.
Jones has always been a baller. Under-training, coke, roids, car accidents, he pushes the limit of good sense in many areas.

Classic baller move.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7675 posts
2063 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 3:52 pm
Jones has always been a baller. Under-training, coke, roids, car accidents, he pushes the limit of good sense in many areas.

Classic baller move.
in both instances of the word baller i would have used headcase in its place.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1969 posts
351 upvotes
Cormier > Jones

At least with Cormier, you know he won't cheat and he won't be pulled from the card in the last minute. And at heavyweight, I think Cormier would beat Jones.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Sep 23, 2013
373 posts
177 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
Jon Jones is what happens when you get a natural super athlete and put them into MMA instead of hockey / basketball / football, etc. Unfortunately Jones' lifestyle really tarnishes his legacy and puts things into question with regard to performance enhancing drugs.

As for DC, that was a great win, he made it look easy. I really wish he would just skip the fight with Brock and give Stipe a rematch. I feel bad for Weidman, he seems to fall short near the end of a fight too often, but as a jiu-jitsu guy I'm glad to see Jacare win.

Anyone going to UFC 231 in Toronto?
Apr 24, 2018
218 posts
16 upvotes
SteveDfsin wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:52 am
Jon Jones is what happens when you get a natural super athlete and put them into MMA instead of hockey / basketball / football, etc. Unfortunately Jones' lifestyle really tarnishes his legacy and puts things into question with regard to performance enhancing drugs.

As for DC, that was a great win, he made it look easy. I really wish he would just skip the fight with Brock and give Stipe a rematch. I feel bad for Weidman, he seems to fall short near the end of a fight too often, but as a jiu-jitsu guy I'm glad to see Jacare win.

Anyone going to UFC 231 in Toronto?
Natural super athlete? So he can run fast and jump high? How do you know?
Sep 23, 2013
373 posts
177 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
airpods wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:55 am
Natural super athlete? So he can run fast and jump high? How do you know?
It's an educated guess, but based on the fact that we was able to take down Cormier, knock out quite a few people with relative ease and win world title fights with little preparation I'd say he is a natural super athlete. Being a natural athlete isn't strictly tied to jumping high and running fast.

Edit: Let's not forget siblings in the NFL, you have to be a natural super athlete in addition to your football skills to make it in the NFL.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3802 posts
3741 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:17 pm
Cormier > Jones

At least with Cormier, you know he won't cheat and he won't be pulled from the card in the last minute. And at heavyweight, I think Cormier would beat Jones.
Cormier is a crier, he's no prototype for men.

Jon Jones' life is one big ball session, a mountain of a man, who partook in some slight roids when his natural frame, genetics, and training proved superior to Cormier (twice).

There is no comparison.
SteveDfsin wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:52 am
A fairer statement.

Had USADA and the UFC played ball, JJ would've had both belts and retired a legend.