• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
lmfao I didn't see this before.........

I'm watching the ultimate 100 greatest fights on blu-ray right now............. just watched Tanner vs Baroni....... and Baroni pulled an Yvel and took 2 shots at the ref :D

I guess luckily for the ref Baroni was on his back

crappy low quality pics of it

Ref stops fight because he thought Baroni quit
[IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4484/v ... 283751.jpg[/IMG]

Throws first punch

[IMG]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6030 ... 284805.jpg[/IMG]

Ref tells Baroni that he quit
[IMG]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/5650 ... 291557.jpg[/IMG]

Baroni pulls ref's head down
[IMG]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9315 ... 292431.jpg[/IMG]

2nd punch right to the jawline

[IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9223/v ... 294582.jpg[/IMG]

Don't F with the NY Badass!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
dell wrote: At this point Penn would murder him. It looks like we'll see Melendez and Aoki at some point in the near future and hopefully Aoki will cry like a baby when he loses. He seems so determined to make it to the US and try to be the face of Japanese MMA.
Yeah, Aoki pulled a douchebag move. I would like Aoki come over and fight some of the top guys at 155. He even said he can not consider himself the top fighter at 155 until he beats guys like Penn.... At least he is honest with himself.. lol. If he fights Melendez I hope Melendez beats him, not sure if he would or not but I would like to see it happen.

Aoki would not last with Penn, prehaps if it was just a grappling match he could hang but in MMA he would get eaten... lol. And after his classless act, I would love to see it.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2088 posts
20 upvotes
I'll give credit where credits due, Aoki is absolutely scary on the ground even more then Penn. Its just something about the way he slaps one a variety of subs so smoothly. Its just that he has no standup game so that definitely is his biggest knock. Plus he won't be able to wear his magic tights when he comes stateside.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Who do you guys think Gomi should get in his first fight?

personally I think he has to be in the lower tier of LW's in rankings right now cuz he's been pretty mediocre lately so I think he should fight someone like Clay Guida to earn his spot in the LW division
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
within the next week we'll know what hte future holds for Brock Lesnar

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17387/dana-wh ... %20Feed%29

"We'll know this week," he said. "I think Brock's going to the doctor this week, and we'll know how this thing is going to go – whether it's over.

"It could be career-ending for him."
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
dell wrote: I'll give credit where credits due, Aoki is absolutely scary on the ground even more then Penn. Its just something about the way he slaps one a variety of subs so smoothly. Its just that he has no standup game so that definitely is his biggest knock. Plus he won't be able to wear his magic tights when he comes stateside.
Yeah, I agree he is a beast on the ground. He is very slick. But Penn is no slouch either. Prehaps Aoki would pull something off on the ground but he would have to get it there first....

Yeah, who knows how he could fight without his magic tights... lol. I hope he does come over to strikeforce soon...
Viper98 wrote: Who do you guys think Gomi should get in his first fight?

personally I think he has to be in the lower tier of LW's in rankings right now cuz he's been pretty mediocre lately so I think he should fight someone like Clay Guida to earn his spot in the LW division
+1. Gomi has not been exactly top LW material as of late. Glad to see UFC signed him, shame it is 5 years to late... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
phomp wrote: +1. Gomi has not been exactly top LW material as of late. Glad to see UFC signed him, shame it is 5 years to late... ;)
The UFC will just show his PRIDE highlight clips in those countdown shows and say it was from last month. the average fan can't tell the difference anyway. They'll call him one of the top 5 LW's and show clips from years ago.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
phomp wrote: Yeah, I agree he is a beast on the ground. He is very slick. But Penn is no slouch either. Prehaps Aoki would pull something off on the ground but he would have to get it there first....

while BJ Penn is phenomenal on the ground he's never seen anything like Aoki. Aoki invents submissions on the fly in fights. You can't prepare for something like that.

Of course BJ's takedown defense would probably keep the fight on the feet where BJ would win but if it gets to the ground Aoki can/will beat anyone
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't know about you but you guys only watched the fight like myself.

You don't know what went on behind the scenes between Aoki and Hirota. For all we know, they truly hate eachother and bad feelings/words were exchanged prior to the matchup.

Of course, it would have to be pretty serious but you have to give credit to him for pulling an arm breaking move like that.

Aoki cannot beat Penn because Penn is near impossible to take down and his striking ability is the best in the LW division period.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: I don't know about you but you guys only watched the fight like myself.

You don't know what went on behind the scenes between Aoki and Hirota. For all we know, they truly hate eachother and bad feelings/words were exchanged prior to the matchup.

Of course, it would have to be pretty serious but you have to give credit to him for pulling an arm breaking move like that.

Aoki cannot beat Penn because Penn is near impossible to take down and his striking ability is the best in the LW division period.
You are correct, we do not know the trash talk or the history but it is still pretty disrespectful to give the finger to your opponent right in his face after he has been defeated then to his coner and then the whole crowd. He acted like an douche. He apologized and said how he acted was wrong and that he is pretty much a sheep to his boss... lol.

There is no doubt the submission was impressive, pretty nasty stuff. He is slick as hell on the ground...
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
thechampion116 wrote: I don't know about you but you guys only watched the fight like myself.

Hirota was talking a lot of trash before the fight

the whole basis of the fight is Dream vs WVR rivalry
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
phomp wrote: You are correct, we do not know the trash talk or the history but it is still pretty disrespectful to give the finger to your opponent right in his face after he has been defeated then to his coner and then the whole crowd. He acted like an douche. He apologized and said how he acted was wrong and that he is pretty much a sheep to his boss... lol.

There is no doubt the submission was impressive, pretty nasty stuff. He is slick as hell on the ground...
I'm pretty sure he didn't give him the finger though

it just doesn't look like it

it looked like he did his "#1" salute that he has done before on the way out to the ring and the fans do it back to him

I just can't see Aoki flipping off 30k people that are there to see him win
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
from tonights live crowd so far
wrestling observer

[QUOTE]Place is empty although Vegas is late arriving. On my right, there is a curtain like going to a WWE TV taping where they close down the upper deck. So there are complete sections unsold and not given away. First time I've ever seen curtains used in an arena for a major UFC event. Still, Dana White has GUARANTEED 500,000 buys tonight.[/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
azn_pnoy wrote: anybody got a live feed link/?
check out atdhe.net

it's actually playing better than my paid feed...
Dec 26, 2007
125 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Viper98 wrote: while BJ Penn is phenomenal on the ground he's never seen anything like Aoki. Aoki invents submissions on the fly in fights. You can't prepare for something like that.

Of course BJ's takedown defense would probably keep the fight on the feet where BJ would win but if it gets to the ground Aoki can/will beat anyone
Aoki is very good on the ground, but he is by no means the best in grappling. He's very creative, I'll give you that. And also, his takedowns are not traditional shoots, he's more like a monkey/wet tissue in takedowns. He's a great judo guy, and will use trips and guard pulls to get the takedowns. BJ Penn has great takedown defence, but that's against traditional shoots. BJ faced Machida and was tripped down twice. So Aoki definitely has a chance to get the fight to the ground.

However, BJ is no joke on the ground. In fact, his fundamentals are probably better than Aoki's. He's got great positioning and ground and pound. When it hits the ground, BJ will not be caught in compromising positions like Hirota and Hansen did. Against fights against top BJJ guys like Shaolin, Aoki could not do much offensively on the ground. The ground is probably a toss up, so it will be decided on the feet, and I don't see Aoki winning the standup. However, Aoki is always finding ways to win, but my money is on BJ.
Dec 26, 2007
125 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Wow, excellent fight by Sam Stout. Great takedown and sub defence. With the odds, I bet a lot of Canadians are getting paid.
Dec 26, 2007
125 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn, sick power by Daley. I called this fight with my friends that Daley is going to upset McLovin. Power+Ring rust is not a good combo. Plus, Daley did pretty well against Shields even when on his back. Would be fun to watch Daley vs. AJ, battle of fast-twitch muscles, or as Rampage calls it, black on black crime.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)