The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1036 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver
For those who didnt get tickets I wouldnt worry too much. If its anything similar to how ufc went in vancouver there will be loads of desperate scalpers/wannabe scalpers selling at a loss as the days get closer to the event.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
Twism wrote: For those who didnt get tickets I wouldnt worry too much. If its anything similar to how ufc went in vancouver there will be loads of desperate scalpers/wannabe scalpers selling at a loss as the days get closer to the event.

It's kinda scary. Both the scalper/(hopefully not) scammer and yourself is desperate for a sale and a ticket.
but they will open more seats saturday
How?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
DLFB wrote: It's kinda scary. Both the scalper/(hopefully not) scammer and yourself is desperate for a sale and a ticket.

How?

Guess I was wrong about UFC 129 and the "blocks" of tickets for Friday/Saturday sales.All the tickets were made available to the scalpers and resellers for this one.

They will open up more seats in the sections where you can't really see anything for a "fan experience". They did put a soft cap of 42,000 before the pre-sale and the Rogers Centre can seat about 50,000 for a baseball game. Not including the seats on top of the field already so we'll see.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
DLFB wrote: It's kinda scary. Both the scalper/(hopefully not) scammer and yourself is desperate for a sale and a ticket.
But they're the ones who have already put up a few hundred of their own money on the tickets.

That's little Johnny's college fund daddy risked to make a quick buck flipping tickets. They need the sale more than we need the ticket. It would be a horror if they actually had to *attend* the event they bought for :lol:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
Oh and **** TicketMaster.

How is this scourge on society still unchallenged?
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Geologic wrote: Guess I was wrong about UFC 129 and the "blocks" of tickets for Friday/Saturday sales.All the tickets were made available to the scalpers and resellers for this one.

They will open up more seats in the sections where you can't really see anything for a "fan experience". They did put a soft cap of 42,000 before the pre-sale and the Rogers Centre can seat about 50,000 for a baseball game. Not including the seats on top of the field already so we'll see.

they could sit 65k easy if they wanted
Mar 2, 2007
224 posts
2 upvotes
GTA - Toronto
For those of you who think scalper will be desperate, I was told for an additional $8 per ticket, your tickets are insured. So 100% of your ticket costs are refunded if you can't attend the event for any reason such as work, illness etc.

So a loss of $8 really isn't that bad of a risk to take.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
redg2 wrote: For those of you who think scalper will be desperate, I was told for an additional $8 per ticket, your tickets are insured. So 100% of your ticket costs are refunded if you can't attend the event for any reason such as work, illness etc.

So a loss of $8 really isn't that bad of a risk to take.
LOL

How many tickets did you buy there, champ?
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
originalnutta wrote: Oh and **** TicketMaster.

How is this scourge on society still unchallenged?

Because this is Canada. We gladly bend over any time of the day and year to let corporations screw us in the derriere. Cable TV, Internet, cellphones, the TTC, Ticket Master is no different.
Dec 3, 2010
56 posts
Was a little bit bored today , so just for fun I entered to that shithole known as Sherdog , and damn , that Jones hype over there is just insane
People actually think that this one dimensional wrestler , with his terrible sloppy striking and zero experience against top competition , gonna just enter the cage and walk through a guy like a Shogun with ease
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
1277 posts
51 upvotes
Whhaat? I thought Marcus Jones retired?

I know you're not talking about Jon Jones who's tore up any and all competition he's faced. It doesn't matter what people are saying/predicting cause next month he'll officially face Shogun and all the hypothesizing can be put to rest. Is he the real deal or is he not quite the top dog (yet). Face the facts, Jon Jones is the real deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
So apparently the UFC wasn't entirely lying about holding back some seats for Toronto...

I just landed 3 fourth row 100s ($225) at face value WITHOUT Fight Club membership through the newsletter presale. Was on at exactly 10:00am.
Jan 13, 2009
458 posts
309 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
eightyeight wrote: So apparently the UFC wasn't entirely lying about holding back some seats for Toronto...

I just landed 3 fourth row 100s ($225) at face value WITHOUT Fight Club membership through the newsletter presale. Was on at exactly 10:00am.

ARGHH!! I landed 4 tickets but couldnt checkout at 10am.. FML!

howd you checkout?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
sneak_around wrote: ARGHH!! I landed 4 tickets but couldnt checkout at 10am.. FML!

howd you checkout?
I hit the proceed button and it gave me an error.

But, it saved all my ticket info! So I just kept pressing the red 'Try Again' button and eventually it worked!

Sorry dude :(
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
eightyeight wrote: I hit the proceed button and it gave me an error.

But, it saved all my ticket info! So I just kept pressing the red 'Try Again' button and eventually it worked!

Sorry dude :(

That's what happened to me but when I hit try again it went back to the ticket select page! :cry:
Penalty Box
Dec 9, 2008
1083 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
my checkout wasnt working either but after reloading it went through. dont worry im sure you'll get tickets tomorrow or closer to the event. theres no way scalpers are reselling all 40,000 tickets over face value. a lot of them will be practically begging people to buy them on the night of the event.
Jan 13, 2009
458 posts
309 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
CSAgent wrote: That's what happened to me but when I hit try again it went back to the ticket select page! :cry:

same.. :cry:

woke up extra early, ive been sipping on tea since 8.
Feb 22, 2009
315 posts
19 upvotes
BlazinTrini wrote: No Luck here and I was just trying for the 500 level tix

Did you try for the $50 or $75? I tried $50 and had no luck. Hopefully tomorrow...
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1477 posts
343 upvotes
rjones416 wrote: my checkout wasnt working either but after reloading it went through. dont worry im sure you'll get tickets tomorrow or closer to the event. theres no way scalpers are reselling all 40,000 tickets over face value. a lot of them will be practically begging people to buy them on the night of the event.
Agreed.

If I wasn't able to get through the Ticketmaster sales then I was going to wait until ~2-3 days before the event on ebay/craiglist (and probably even in our BST: Tickets section here).

There's no way that 40,000 Torontonians are willing to pay 100-200% markups (at the minimum) on tickets when they're already so expensive to begin with.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)