The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
It was a great counterpunch - and then the two followup punches looked flush- Can't believe the publicity Hershel Walker got and how the fight got bumped up to above Manhoef v Lawler
Dec 27, 2006
495 posts
28 upvotes
This has been a very underwhelming card for Strikeforce, aside from Lawler vs Manhoef. That Jorge ref is horrible at stopping fights.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
I can't believe Diaz won again :(

god I hate him so much!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
what a crappy card...the only excitement was the lawler knockout, and even then i didnt like that he won

this type of card is the reason Strikeforce will never be able to hang with the UFC

anyone know why GSP was there?
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Dec 27, 2006
495 posts
28 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: what a crappy card...the only excitement was the lawler knockout, and even then i didnt like that he won

this type of card is the reason Strikeforce will never be able to hang with the UFC

anyone know why GSP was there?
he was there with mousasi. i don't know if this card justifies that kind of logic, this has arguably been strikeforce's worst card...plus the officiating didn't help. they booked 2 freakshows in sims/lashley and walker/nagy. pretty rare that they have an all out bad show.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
rockinthesuburbs wrote: he was there with mousasi. i don't know if this card justifies that kind of logic, this has arguably been strikeforce's worst card...plus the officiating didn't help. they booked 2 freakshows in sims/lashley and walker/nagy. pretty rare that they have an all out bad show.
i thought UFC only allowed them to be there if they were cornering someone
either way i guess its publicity for UFC
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2678 posts
154 upvotes
GTA
Red_Army wrote: this type of card is the reason Strikeforce will never be able to hang with the UFC
No, the obscene revenue difference (probably 20x) is why Strikeforce will never hang with the UFC. Well, not unless everything goes perfectly for them in the next couple years with CBS, Hendo, Fedor, and Mousasi.
Viper98 wrote: I can't believe Diaz won again :(
What happened is exactly what I expected. Too much reach, too good boxing, and Zaromskis has never shown much head movement.

I was pulling for Zaromskis, and was excited when he sort of knocked Diaz down, but beyond that it was predictable domination by Diaz. It's really weird how Diaz can just turn almost any opponent's head into a speed bag, and his striking is both unorthodox and technical at the same time.

Nice call on Lawler, but everything before the KO is why I refrained from placing a bet. I think Manhoef this match 60% of the time.
Banned
Oct 11, 2005
3950 posts
34 upvotes
i think cybrog trains at GSP gym or camp? or does she train at tito? i remember seeing her at someone's camp when they were doing those post-ufc stuff
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
TechRock wrote: i think cybrog trains at GSP gym or camp? or does she train at tito? i remember seeing her at someone's camp when they were doing those post-ufc stuff
I don't know what US camp she trains at

I know she's with Chute Box though
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
GSP is training with Mousasi in Vegas.

GSP requested he come over.

Concerning the Lashley stoppage, it was premature BUT after watching it again, Sims seemed to just outright flatten himself after a punch and didn't move until Lashley punched him again.

I suspect the ref thought he was outcold between the drop and the next punch and decided to stop it.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
thechampion116 wrote: GSP is training with Mousasi in Vegas.

Concerning the Lashley stoppage, it was premature BUT after watching it again, Sims seemed to just outright flatten himself after a punch and didn't move until Lashley punched him again.

I suspect the ref thought he was outcold between the drop and the next punch and decided to stop it.
I don't really have a problem with that stoppage

if it wasn't stopped Lashley would have killed sims anyways
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: GSP is training with Mousasi in Vegas.

what i dont get was that Mousasi wasnt even fighting that night
but oh well, hughes was there in Lawlers corner, so i dont see anything wrong with it

i just remember White not letting Nick Diaz in the corner of his brother a while back, so i guess hes more lenient now (he has eyes everywhere lol)
Viper98 wrote: I don't really have a problem with that stoppage

if it wasn't stopped Lashley would have killed sims anyways
i dont see the logic in that comment coming from an mma fan
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Red_Army wrote: what i dont get was that Mousasi wasnt even fighting that night
but oh well, hughes was there in Lawlers corner, so i dont see anything wrong with it

i just remember White not letting Nick Diaz in the corner of his brother a while back, so i guess hes more lenient now (he has eyes everywhere lol)

i dont see the logic in that comment coming from an mma fan
After looking around some more, GSP and Mousasi were to meet at the show and begin training. My mistake for saying Vegas as they were clearly in Florida where the training camp is being held.

I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about GSP being there. What is Dana gonna do? strip him of the belt? fire him?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote: After looking around some more, GSP and Mousasi were to meet at the show and begin training. My mistake for saying Vegas as they were clearly in Florida where the training camp is being held.

I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about GSP being there. What is Dana gonna do? strip him of the belt? fire him?
im not worried at all....it just was kind of surprising is all
especially being how anal the ufc usually is
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: i just remember White not letting Nick Diaz in the corner of his brother a while back, so i guess hes more lenient now (he has eyes everywhere lol)
It wasn't Dana, Dana doesn't care, Nick has cornered Nate lots since. Nick wasn't allowed because he was suspended for Drugs. Nate even said in the post interview.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
why do Fighters such as Nate Diaz or Diego Sanchez move up a division after losing important fights?

do they really think it will be any easier to contend in a higher division?

or is this just a stunt to lengthen their relevance in the sport, by fighting the lower levels of competition?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Red_Army wrote: why do Fighters such as Nate Diaz or Diego Sanchez move up a division after losing important fights?

do they really think it will be any easier to contend in a higher division?

or is this just a stunt to lengthen their relevance in the sport, by fighting the lower levels of competition?
I think sanchez has a much better chance of getting the WW belth than LW

he has looked superb at WW and he's definitely got the striking to KO GSP like Serra
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: I think sanchez has a much better chance of getting the WW belth than LW

he has looked superb at WW and he's definitely got the striking to KO GSP like Serra
ya but will he even make it that far? he will have to fight at least 3 or 4 fights before he even gets near a title shot

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)