The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
Last night was great. Loved it how in the main even the young buck (Smith) got simply taken to school by an old men (Teixeira).
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Last night was great. Loved it how in the main even the young buck (Smith) got simply taken to school by an old men (Teixeira).
I`m happy Glover won but man Smith took major hits too the head. In my opinion the fight should of been stopped 2 rounds earlier.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
antigua1999 wrote: I`m happy Glover won but man Smith took major hits too the head. In my opinion the fight should of been stopped 2 rounds earlier.
Well...... yes and no IMHO. He was fully aware and "trying" to defend himself. If anything, his corner should have have let him out anymore.
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
Gilbert Burns was impressive last weekend. I put money on him but at least thought Woodley would have put on a better fight, hopefully he picks it up next time around, I'm a Woodley fan.

As for the next UFC, I'm thinking of a parlay
Nunes via TKO
Grabrandt to win
Hooper via TKO/Submission
Life and Health Insurance Agent.
Licensed with 8 companies, access to nearly a dozen more.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
SteveDfsin wrote: Gilbert Burns was impressive last weekend. I put money on him but at least thought Woodley would have put on a better fight, hopefully he picks it up next time around, I'm a Woodley fan.

As for the next UFC, I'm thinking of a parlay
Nunes via TKO
Grabrandt to win
Hooper via TKO/Submission
Agree with 2 of your 3 picks.
Garbrandt is done...CTE
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14187 upvotes
Toronto
Woodley is god awful and should retire

What a pathetic “performance”
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
vkizzle wrote: Agree with 2 of your 3 picks.
Garbrandt is done...CTE
That is a good point actually, he has the favourite also so picking against him would be beneficial.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
SteveDfsin wrote: That is a good point actually, he has the favourite also so picking against him would be beneficial.
Cody "No Risk" should be his new name... that was a perfect game plan.
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
He looked incredible in there, reminded me of his with Cruz where he looked unbeatable.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome fight card with the two one punch knocks out by Sean and Cody - haven't seen those in a while and it looks like Conor is hanging up his gloves once again with his retirement twitter tweet last night.
Jan 22, 2017
394 posts
252 upvotes
GTA
willyxjai wrote: Awesome fight card with the two one punch knocks out by Sean and Cody - haven't seen those in a while and it looks like Conor is hanging up his gloves once again with his retirement twitter tweet last night.
"Retiring" meaning negotiating for even more money
Jun 7, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SteveDfsin wrote: He looked incredible in there, reminded me of his with Cruz where he looked unbeatable.
I have to give Cody credit. It's difficult to come back like that after being on top, and changing parts of yourself fundamentally.

He's become a better fighter after time off and working with Mark Henry. Cody's previous three loses were from him getting too emotional and not heeding his corner's advice after getting rocked. Now he's a lot more composed.

Against Cruz, he was actually training since 18 for that fight. Team Alpha Male pretty much had a book on Dominick Cruz. In the same year of Cruz vs Garbrandt, Cruz also previously fought TJ Dillashaw and Urijah Faber.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
Watch Hooker vs Porier. Potential Fight of the year.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
glover78 wrote: Watch Hooker vs Porier. Potential Fight of the year.
It was a great fight. I've always liked Porier.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Marty vs Gamebread... cant wait.
RIP Abdulmanap.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)