The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2678 posts
154 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: with that said who do you think won Diaz vs Noons 2?
It was pretty clear that Diaz won the first and third while Noons won the second, but the last two rounds were debatable.

Noons got a bit cocky for a few seconds after landing some punches on Diaz in the first, forgetting about head movement and getting dropped by Diaz with a punch that actually broke his jaw (fairly impressive that Noons kept fighting for 20+ minutes). Then in the second he got unlucky when he broke his hand.

I'd say Diaz won a close decision, but considering how close the later rounds were, Diaz should consider himself lucky. I hope we see a rubber match (but not soon).
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2422 posts
794 upvotes
gwu wrote: You fell asleep with Lesnar vs. Carwin!?!

Carwin did after the 1st road. I don't think he truly woke up for the 2nd.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: I hope Noons looses because his hair is annoying.

Yeah, I think that Noons doesn't have that level of professionality yet. That level of seriousness to be the champ. If you're constantly flicking hair out of your face so you can face up your opponent ... that's just plain stupid.

I don't know what he thinks he is out there in the cage ... a professional MMA fighter? Or Keanu Reeves.

I suppose one can say that same thing about Clay Guida ... but that's kind of his trademark with the wildman angle.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Image
:lol:

too soon my friend.
I knew there was something wrong with those numbers, no way noons landed 1.5x more than diaz.
**Correction**
We regret to announce that after reviewing the stats, we found a glitch in our system that counted double the amount of Total Arm Strikes Landed for Noons.

We deeply regret this glitch and assure that it will not happen again.

The correct numbers are below.

NOW, That's more like it!
Banned
Oct 11, 2005
3950 posts
34 upvotes
if someone got a link to those Arianny Celeste pb pics...shoot me a pm please!! =)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
TechRock wrote: if someone got a link to those Arianny Celeste pb pics...shoot me a pm please!! =)

search reddit. They'll have a link somewhere.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
lol

did you guys watch the press conference for 120?

I don't know why but translators always crack me up

especially with Sexyama said "thank you(in english)" and his translator then said "thank you very much"

:D good translation there buddy
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
PhilRelgStudent wrote: They are on joe rogan's forum. I was just looking at 'em. :)

Thanks (rushes off to register for that particular forum ... LOL)
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Dec 24, 2009
289 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Entrance aside, is anyone else not impressed with Akiyama?
He won only 1 match via split decision, got submitted by a heavily unfavoured opponent
that is known for brawling, and now loses by unanimous decision to a relative novice.

Looks like he'll be a bottom dweller his whole UFC career.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
DrakeFortune wrote: Entrance aside, is anyone else not impressed with Akiyama?
He won only 1 match via split decision, got submitted by a heavily unfavoured opponent
that is known for brawling, and now loses by unanimous decision to a relative novice.

Looks like he'll be a bottom dweller his whole UFC career.

Unimpressed is an understatement. He was stationary the whole time without moving. Never tried to change levels or even attempt a takedown. He threw a few kicks here and there that didn't look to do a thing, except the first 1 or 2 in the first round. All he did the entire fight was try and go for that overhand right. Sorry, he's no Dan Henderson in the same fight.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Sexyama's got 3 fights in the UFC

and 3 fight of the night awards

haters gonna hate
Aug 23, 2010
990 posts
90 upvotes
man totally forgot about this

i'm so glad dan hardy lost, hate that brat so much

ufc's becoming lame though, bisping vs. sexyama is not a main event :/
Contests Won: None :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5893 posts
42 upvotes
heyjoe wrote: man totally forgot about this

i'm so glad dan hardy lost, hate that brat so much

ufc's becoming lame though, bisping vs. sexyama is not a main event :/

nothing was wrong with it AND it was free on tv. they are promoting UFC worldwide, did you not expect to see bisping or dan hardy? these fighters records are well deserving to be on the main event and co main event. don't tell me you will complain about the next UFC on PPV too, it's stacked imo.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)