Sports & Recreation

The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2005
4658 posts
6 upvotes
I want to see a knock out....Jon Jones is extremely skilled, man I want to see him in more fights.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
as expected from Machida except i thought it would go to decision.

I didn't think he would lose. Machida is a very good fighter and I love his run and strike technique. Finally he gets his title shot. Its been a long wait and better be coming.

i can't believe UFC are touting the celebs there. the majority are just ufc fighters or unknowns like that pro skateboarder.
Oct 25, 2007
309 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone know the intro song that was playing for Jon Jones?
Sep 13, 2008
408 posts
kcotoulas wrote: wtf
why you surprised man ?
i told you few hours ago that it's gonna happen
it was so obvious
thiago sucks
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
go GSP. destroy the kanye west of UFC.

Hopefully his face doesn't get battered in teh first round like the last bout.

i still don't think its fair that BJ gets to challenge for the belt while GSP doesn't but I guess its just because of the weight class rule.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
Machida dominated Silva. Silva looked very sloppy in his standup.
Glad to finally see a finish.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
qeqw443 wrote: why you surprised man ?
i told you few hours ago that it's gonna happen
it was so obvious
thiago sucks
qeqw
You did. Well done. I've been horrible on picks tonight
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
2-0 GSP
great posture in guard for GSP

[QUOTE]Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn for the welterweight title is up. This crowd has a ton of energy for a show that has really dragged most of the way.
St. Pierre looks close to 188. He may have 20 pounds on Penn, and that is a big difference at this level.
[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
bj penn never had control of that match...i can't say i'm surprised by the result
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
great match from GSP.

domination.

looks like Penn got killed literally
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
GSP destroyed him.
Very interesting here him talk about his plan coming into the fight. Never considered the key to the fight was BJ's shoulders.
[QUOTE]For what it's worth, the scores at this point were 40-35, 40-34 and 40-34 [/QUOTE]
I wish someone would tell Herb Dean where the back of head is.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
bj can't fight in that weight class.. he's too slow and loses his advantage....all the extra weight takes away from his natural skill set... it's like the guy didn't even throw a punch..
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
shaolinmonk wrote: bj can't fight in that weight class.. he's too slow and loses his advantage....all the extra weight takes away from his natural skill set... it's like the guy didn't even throw a punch..
the weight gain makes him lose his advantage but he still has considerable speed.

first, bj was not aggressive enough. He was just relaxed and when GSP first took him down, thats when the momentum officially shifted towards one fighter. Then GSP passed him, and that shifted the match into another gear for GSP.

BJ just lost complete confidence and even though he didn't quit while in the fight, it surely looked like he had because he was no longer doing anything and just laying their as a punching bag.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)