The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
4flava wrote: holy moly... that was the knock on Arlovski, the weak chin... Arlovski got totally exposed.
I dont think he was exposed at all. He was completely off balance and flying forward and got hit square on the jaw. Fedor is awesome

All that being said I'd love to see Fedor vs Arlovski II. Barnett stands no chance to get on top of Fedor for a win. Barnett is no boxoffice draw. Affliction would be smart to go to Fedor vs Arlovki II
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
I wanna kick Scott Farrel on the head... shut the **** up!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
qeqw443 wrote: knockout of the night - fedor or belfort ?????
very hard to pick
Fedor.....easy. Belfort was more a GnP
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
4flava wrote: I wanna kick Scott Farrel on the head... shut the **** up!
I wanna kick him in the balls to see what his voice sounds like afterwards
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
4flava wrote: I wanna kick Scott Farrel on the head... shut the **** up!
+1. Why add these douches to the broadcast
Sep 13, 2008
408 posts
man , all the **** that freddie roach talked about fedor striking before the fight , and the way arlovski got ktfo , thats gotta be the failure of the century
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
That Scott Farrell guy is so annoying. Why is he on TV? FEELing bad for Andre he made a rookie mistake.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
qeqw443 wrote: man , all the **** that freddie roach talked about fedor striking before the fight , and the way arlovski got ktfo , thats gotta be the failure of the century
not when you consider how badly fedor was being dominated
Sep 13, 2008
408 posts
Viper98 wrote: not when you consider how badly fedor was being dominated
how badly fedor being dominated ? LOL
yeah , fedor sucks , arlovski just got "caught" by a "lucky punch"
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2088 posts
20 upvotes
Scotty Ferrell should stick to being on Howard 101 on Sirius. And Chucky Pancamo from Oz, I mean Chuck Zito.

Tito was TERRIBLE!!! His vocabulary is limited, how many times did he say awsome or great job? He said Babalu is 132 years old.
Dec 14, 2008
27 posts
2 upvotes
Hope somebody can help me with this but what are some good public places like bars or restaurants in downtown Toronto or the surrounding areas to go see UFC 94? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drugs, drums, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the f*cking lot.
Dec 14, 2008
27 posts
2 upvotes
4flava wrote: holy moly... that was the knock on Arlovski, the weak chin... Arlovski got totally exposed.
I think Arlovski was already exposed after being knocked out by Timmy.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drugs, drums, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the f*cking lot.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2678 posts
154 upvotes
GTA
That was a fantastic event. I would have loved to see the main event last longer, but it was still a very satisfying finish. Have you ever seen a heavyweight knocked unconcious mid-air and land on his face? Some thoughts:

- It was funny how Tito was getting booed every time he spoke

- Lauzon was totally milking the stoppages. The first kick was just a couple inches below the navel, and the last was on the side of the hip. But good job on getting the choke.

- If Affliction is trying to get credibility, WTF were they doing with this Scott Farrell character?

- Sobral's choke was gorgeous, and came just when I thought Soko was getting out of a bad situation

- Barnett is a beast!

- Fedor is unbelievable. Look how loosely he bounced off the ropes as if he was dazed, and then BAM! It was like he knew exactly what Arlovski was going to do in that situation, and goaded him into it.

Fedor seems to have a bit of trouble with bigger or stronger guys (except Sylvia), but the minute they make the tiniest mistake, it's over. We saw it with Randleman (I can watch that reverse 100 times without getting tired of it), Choi, and now Arlovski. Also, this fight puts new meaning to Sylvia's statement that Fedor's punches are by far the hardest he ever felt.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: not when you consider how badly fedor was being dominated
I disagree completely. From what I understand, Fedor's approach to every fight is to feel out his opponent in the early rounds before he commits to being offensive. In the case with Tim, he threw a punch, he went down, so he continued a relentless attack. In the case with Arlovski, i thought he was feeling him out for most of the round up to the point when he got knocked out.

What really happened in the round? Arlovski threw a few punches (non of them did much if any damage), a couple leg kicks (some landed and some where dodged) and a struggle against the rope where nothing really happened (hence having to be broken up by Ref). How was he dominate? He was striking from the outside to safeguard his position of not being hit. i didn't even see Fedor do anything before that KO. When he did do something, he knocked him out. Was Arlovski being dominated? I do not think so.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Sep 13, 2008
408 posts
sexpuppet6000 wrote: I disagree completely. From what I understand, Fedor's approach to every fight is to feel out his opponent in the early rounds before he commits to being offensive. In the case with Tim, he threw a punch, he went down, so he continued a relentless attack. In the case with Arlovski, i thought he was feeling him out for most of the round up to the point when he got knocked out.

What really happened in the round? Arlovski threw a few punches (non of them did much if any damage), a couple leg kicks (some landed and some where dodged) and a struggle against the rope where nothing really happened (hence having to be broken up by Ref). How was he dominate? He was striking from the outside to safeguard his position of not being hit. i didn't even see Fedor do anything before that KO. When he did do something, he knocked him out. Was fedor being dominated? I do not think so.
+1
very good post
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
sexpuppet6000 wrote: I disagree completely. From what I understand, Fedor's approach to every fight is to feel out his opponent in the early rounds before he commits to being offensive. In the case with Tim, he threw a punch, he went down, so he continued a relentless attack. In the case with Arlovski, i thought he was feeling him out for most of the round up to the point when he got knocked out.

What really happened in the round? Arlovski threw a few punches (non of them did much if any damage), a couple leg kicks (some landed and some where dodged) and a struggle against the rope where nothing really happened (hence having to be broken up by Ref). How was he dominate? He was striking from the outside to safeguard his position of not being hit. i didn't even see Fedor do anything before that KO. When he did do something, he knocked him out. Was fedor being dominated? I do not think so.
Fedor may "feel opponents out" but not to the point where he is nearly beaten or takes any significant damage.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Fedor may "feel opponents out" but not to the point where he is nearly beaten or takes any significant damage.
Fedor was no where near 'nearly beaten' he surely did not take any significant damage. I'm not a fighter, so I can only comment purely from an analytical standpoint, but for a fighter to feel out an opponent it is likely that he/she will be on the receiving end of a couple shots. These shots may be right on the button and they might not be, but the point is the gauge distances, speed, agility, etc. If the fighter hasn't gotten into a comfortable grove, and gets struck in the face, is the plan of attack going to be throw out the 'feeling stage' and swing like a mad man?

Fedor could have been letting Arlovski have his way, because surely, you can admit that even if he was being dominated, he wasn't at all on the offense the way Arlovski was. If anything, Arlovski was flying with overconfidence, and thus he got jarred and thrown to the mat.
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)