• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
good retirement fight for Cung

but there's no way Joe Silva will feed Cung to Anderson considering he was knocked out by Wandy just a couple fights ago
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
VCR wrote: no.
that's what i thought... troll.
Viper98 wrote: Bj got beat up.... "grease" may have affected the first round but after you get sweaty gsp's natural body shape did the rest
wtf? so you admit that gsp is a greasing cheater?
Viper98 wrote: good retirement fight for Cung

but there's no way Joe Silva will feed Cung to Anderson considering he was knocked out by Wandy just a couple fights ago
so what if Wandy KO'd him? A LOT of guys in mma have the ability to KO A LOT of other guys. (with the exception of gsp & Fitch, who can't KO anyone.. even LW's)

you make it sound like Wandy is some chump with no skills or power. get a clue.

Le vs Anderson would be a GREAT fight.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
nineiron wrote:

wtf? so you admit that gsp is a greasing cheater?

so what if Wandy KO'd him? A LOT of guys in mma have the ability to KO A LOT of other guys. (with the exception of gsp & Fitch, who can't KO anyone.. even LW's)

you make it sound like Wandy is some chump with no skills or power. get a clue.

Le vs Anderson would be a GREAT fight.
No I didn't even say anything close to that Lmfao

And windy used to be a world beater but he's not even a semi decent fighter anymore. He's got one fight left before he's forced in to retirement. And yes him beating Le is a huge deal. If Le gets the title fight it will be even more undeserved than chael
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: No I didn't even say anything close to that Lmfao

And windy used to be a world beater but he's not even a semi decent fighter anymore. He's got one fight left before he's forced in to retirement. And yes him beating Le is a huge deal. If Le gets the title fight it will be even more undeserved than chael
you act as if the ufc gives title shots based on merit. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, so stop talking about who "deserves" a title shot.

get ready to hand over your sig control or gtfo when Fitch loses to Maia.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Viper98 wrote: good retirement fight for Cung

the ultimate call will go to Dana and Fertitta. I think it all depends on whether the spider wants to fight two times this year. Spring then Fall. If he wants a Spring match-up there is very few marketable matches unless he goes up in weight class to fight a has been name in LHW (again). One with Cung Le will be. Not from a competitive standpoint, but from an optics/fun to view match up as it might be one of the few matches which resembles a life action martial arts movie with moves that you don't typically see in mma.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/d ... title-shot

Despite Silva 'avoiding it at all costs,' Weidman hopeful for July title shot
by Matt Erickson on Jan 29, 2013 at 8:50 am ET
Chris Weidman wants to fight Anderson Silva. We've known as much for months now.

But Weidman believes Silva doesn't want to fight him, and he thinks he knows the reason why.

"It seems like he's avoiding it at all costs at this point," Weidman told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Saturday in Chicago. "I'm a big, strong, young, athletic wrestler with good submissions. I think it's a bad matchup for him, I think he knows that, and he's making millions of dollars outside the cage being the undefeated UFC champion – untouchable. And if Chris Weidman, who a lot of people don't know, goes in there and takes that away from him, it's not good for him."
Although UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com this past week that Silva wants to fight in April, and the UFC plans to find someone for him, Weidman is hopeful he still could be the man to challenge the champ in July after a full training camp.

Buzz has been that Silva and his camp would like a fight with Cung Le.

"I mean, I guess if I was him, I'd rather fight him (than me), too," Weidman said. "I mean, no disrespect to Cung Le, but that's a good matchup for him. I think if Dana White wants (me fighting Silva) to happen and the UFC wants to make it happen, it'll happen. But it's a little different with Anderson, him being who he is."

But as for that July timetable, Weidman has things pretty well plotted out. Put simply, in his ideal world, he'd fight Silva in July, win the title, see MMA legislation passed in his home state of New York, and give Silva his rematch on his home turf.

"I just had shoulder surgery and I'm two months in from the operation, and in another two months I'll be 100 percent," he said. "So I'm looking at July 4 weekend, Anderson Silva, and give him an immediate rematch in November at Madison Square Garden."

A dream scenario? Sure. But crazier things have happened.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/ne ... -bellator/

Couture signs Spike deal, joins Bellator reality series (non fighting)

[QUOTE] SI.com has confirmed through multiple sources that UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture has signed into a multi-year deal with Spike TV, a property of Viacom, to appear in multiple projects for the cable channel, as well as other possible ventures within the media conglomerate's family of networks.

As a part of the multi-faceted agreement, Couture's first role will be as a coach in the forthcoming Bellator MMA reality Series, which begins shooting in February and airs later this year.

Spike TV will unveil this industry-shifting announcement on Feb. 5 during a press conference in Los Angeles, where Couture and Spike TV president Kevin Kay will discuss details of the agreement and what the 49-year-old retired fighter's role will be on the Bellator series and possibly other Spike-broadcasted projects. The series is expected to feature a number of current and up-and-coming Bellator fighters.

Sources told SI.com that the deal with Spike and Viacom was executed in late December, much to the disapproval of Couture's former employer, UFC president Dana White. Since his retirement in April 2011 at age 47, Couture has turned his attention to Hollywood with supporting roles in The Expendables and its summer 2012 sequel, and had most recently served as an on-camera analyst for the UFC's live events on Fox. However, Couture was absent from the UFC on Fox 6 broadcast on Jan. 26, replaced by one-time teammate Chael Sonnen.

[/QUOTE]

Good move by Bellator. While the UFC hire their YES men ... their much more interesting retired legends like Couture go to other organizations that are put in more tangible roles that would actually affect the presentation of their product.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
VCR wrote: the ultimate call will go to Dana and Fertitta. I think it all depends on whether the spider wants to fight two times this year. Spring then Fall. If he wants a Spring match-up there is very few marketable matches unless he goes up in weight class to fight a has been name in LHW (again). One with Cung Le will be. Not from a competitive standpoint, but from an optics/fun to view match up as it might be one of the few matches which resembles a life action martial arts movie with moves that you don't typically see in mma.
listen to you taking shots at Anderson, you're such a troll.

at least he's gone up and fought bigger guys, unlike your boyfriend who likes to take fights against lightweights (BJ, Serra, Sherk)
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
VCR wrote: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/ne ... -bellator/

Couture signs Spike deal, joins Bellator reality series (non fighting)

Good move by Bellator. While the UFC hire their YES men ... their much more interesting retired legends like Couture go to other organizations that are put in more tangible roles that would actually affect the presentation of their product.
just makes me dislike Randy even more

speaking of fighters I dislike.........

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/30/emegerat.jpg[/IMG]

lmfao @ people who pay for amazon prime to get free 2 day shipping
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
it's funny how vcr & viper get defensive when anyone has anything negative to say about gsp. yet, these 2 are the ones that are always saying they "dislike" this guy or that guy.

and for the record, no one here said they "disliked" gsp. i find him boring and over rated. i think he's been protected by the ufc and he cheated against a lightweight. but i don't "dislike" the guy. i don't "dislike" any fighter. i might "dislike" the way they fight, but i really don't give a $**t what kind of person they are. for all you know, those that come off as d*cks might be better people than the ones that come off as being a "nice guy", in real life.

truth is, vcr and viper are the 2 biggest haters in this thread.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Viper98 wrote: just makes me dislike Randy even more
what has he done to make you "dislike" him? imo, i can appreciate the fact that unlike some of the other top ufc stars of te past that he wasn't a robotic YES man to the UFC.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
who are your guys pick for TUF this season?
season looks talent filled, first middleweight season since tuf 11.

i got uriah hall. 7-2 only two losses to weidman and philippou (by majority decision).
looked great in the opening bout, showcased his well roundedness, but did get caught in a sub late.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Kenny Florian Bothered By Anderson Silva's 'Opponent Picking'
By Dana Becker | January 29, 2013

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2013/0 ... y-florian/

Former UFC contender Kenny Florian didn't hold back when Anderson Silva came up and his rumored decision to not want a fight with Chris Weidman. Florian, an analyst on UFC Tonight, believes the UFC middleweight champion needs to step up and take on Weidman.

"This is my problem. I give Anderson Silva a pass for pretty much anything. But when he starts calling out guys like Luke Rockhold and Cung Le and you're saying you want big name fighters, those guys are maybe at the same level as far as name recognition," Florian said. "I believe Chris Weidman is just a bad style matchup for Anderson Silva and that's why he's being avoided. If you're calling out those guys, you better include Chris Weidman."

Weidman has said much the same in several interviews, believing that Silva doesn't want to face him inside the Octagon. "The Spider" has not said much regarding the matter, leaving his managerial team to do that.
Weidman out until at least July, so he's not an option if the Spider wants to fight in the first half of this year. I think suga will be the one picked to fight against the Spider for the title provided he soundly beats lil nog and doesn't escape with any injuries and willing to do the weight drop.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD

UFC 156 (Superbowl Weekend)

Date: February 2, 2013 (Saturday)
Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

Main Card (PPV):
Featherweight Championship Bout: Jose Aldo (c) vs Frankie Edgar
Heavyweight Bout: Alistair Overeem vs Antonio Silva
Light Heavyweight Bout: Rashad Evans vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Welterweight Bout: Jon Fitch vs Damien Maia
Flyweight Bout: Joseph Benavidez vs Ian McCal

Preliminary Card (FX):
Lightweight Bout: Gleison Tibau vs Evan Dunham
Welterweight Bout: Tyron Woodley vs Jay Hieron
Lightweight Bout: Jacob Volkmann vs Bobby Green
Lightweight Bout: Yves Edwards vs Isaac Vallie-Flagg

Preliminary Card (Facebook):
Bantamweight Bout: Chico Camus vs Dustin Kimura
Bantamweight Bout: Edwin Figueroa vs Francisco Rivera
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
VCR wrote: what has he done to make you "dislike" him? imo, i can appreciate the fact that unlike some of the other top ufc stars of te past that he wasn't a robotic YES man to the UFC.
He has always acted like a total ***** towards the UFC.........the company that made him. he'd literally be nothing if it wasn't for the UFC and he's done nothing but spit in their face for years

They gave him title shots he didn't deserve, way more money than he ever deserved, and put him in the hall of fame for some unknown reason. He is basically the reason people like nineiron that hate wrestlers exist because he was the master of fight stalling.

I just have never liked Couture at all. I was one of the only people I could see that was cheering Machida as he entered the cage at the dome and then jumped up screaming when he knocked old man randy in to retirement

most over rated fighter of all time by far and doesn't deserve half the praise he gets
Nov 28, 2007
17 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
Skip2MyLou wrote: who are your guys pick for TUF this season?
season looks talent filled, first middleweight season since tuf 11.

i got uriah hall. 7-2 only two losses to weidman and philippou (by majority decision).
looked great in the opening bout, showcased his well roundedness, but did get caught in a sub late.
I like Hall too. He looked pretty good in the first bout.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
eastvanbc wrote: I like Hall too. He looked pretty good in the first bout.
I can't wait to see him kill a guy next week
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
VCR wrote:
UFC 156 (Superbowl Weekend)

Date: February 2, 2013 (Saturday)
Venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center
City: Las Vegas, Nevada
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

Main Card (PPV):
Featherweight Championship Bout: Jose Aldo (c) vs Frankie Edgar
Heavyweight Bout: Alistair Overeem vs Antonio Silva
Light Heavyweight Bout: Rashad Evans vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Welterweight Bout: Jon Fitch vs Damien Maia
Flyweight Bout: Joseph Benavidez vs Ian McCal

Preliminary Card (FX):
Lightweight Bout: Gleison Tibau vs Evan Dunham
Welterweight Bout: Tyron Woodley vs Jay Hieron
Lightweight Bout: Jacob Volkmann vs Bobby Green
Lightweight Bout: Yves Edwards vs Isaac Vallie-Flagg

Preliminary Card (Facebook):
Bantamweight Bout: Chico Camus vs Dustin Kimura
Bantamweight Bout: Edwin Figueroa vs Francisco Rivera
I'm excited. A lot of fights I'm looking forward to on that card.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
crazy weekend for betting. emptying out both my account with bets on UFC, superbowl and hockey. going to tmrw's game so hopefully they win so i can have to bet on UFC

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)