London
those superhulk fights were terrible

thank god the 4 of them only lasted for a combined total of like 7 minutes

though I'll say watching Soko pound the piss out of Nortje was awesome
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
wow no results on sherdog or live read. Id like to see what happened in some of those fights lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: Can someone post the site that lists all the upcoming events from different companies?

This thread is hard to read through, without an update being made on the first post.

MMAjunkie just lists Dream 9 as the latest event. But the other site lists events 3-4 months from now.
mmaweekly usually has a full list of upcoming events and cards.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: well....Canseco lasted longer than I thought he would :cheesygri
lol didn't think he'd last, but i guess he really needs money now and willing to do anything. :lol:
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
poor Jacare
what a terrible way to end that fight.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: Can someone post the site that lists all the upcoming events from different companies?

This thread is hard to read through, without an update being made on the first post.

MMAjunkie just lists Dream 9 as the latest event. But the other site lists events 3-4 months from now.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/rumors.asp
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7575 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
lol, the Canseco fight actually made it onto the highlight reals for ESPN's SportsCentre :lol:
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
just 6 1/2 weeks till UFC 100!

it's not too early to hop on the Sexyama war wagon!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2006
1320 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
^^

lol saw that pic else where, but darn the close up looked really terrible! :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2088 posts
20 upvotes
I was hoping JZ would have a better gameplan against Kawajiri.
Tokoro/Abel is an early candidate for fight of the year
It was a shame the way the Mayhem/Jacare fight ended.

Randy, Hendo and Lindland must be proud of the success Team Quest has had over the last 4 days. Chael Sonnen and Krzysztof Soszynski winning at the UFC and Soku and Warren at Dream. I think it was a genius move for Team Quest to let Joe Warren train with Urijah Faber to prepare for the Kid because I think that made all the difference. Gotta admit Kid Yamamoto has a stunning looking wife.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
dell wrote: I was hoping JZ would have a better gameplan against Kawajiri.
Tokoro/Abel is an early candidate for fight of the year
It was a shame the way the Mayhem/Jacare fight ended.

Randy, Hendo and Lindland must be proud of the success Team Quest has had over the last 4 days. Chael Sonnen and Krzysztof Soszynski winning at the UFC and Soku and Warren at Dream. I think it was a genius move for Team Quest to let Joe Warren train with Urijah Faber to prepare for the Kid because I think that made all the difference. Gotta admit Kid Yamamoto has a stunning looking wife.
Randy is no longer a Team Quest member is he? I think they would be ashamed of Soku after the way he acted. :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2088 posts
20 upvotes
Your right Randy isn't a part of it now but he did help build it. I was a little shocked as well at Soku snapping even after the ref basically was inbetween him and Nortje. I guess he really vented his frustration from his past few fights.

I wonder when they're gonna do a Jacare/Mayhem rematch. Dream 10 has the Welterweight GP and a few good fights like Aoki/Shaolin and Manhoef/Paulo Filho.

On a side note, I don't think I've laughed that much during an MMA event, I thought that Aussie commentator was absolutely hilarious. Clearly a Sherdog'er with all the quotes he pumped out like giving props to Sexyama.
"Yamamoto has been on his back more times this fight, than my ex-girlfriend."
"More predictable than a Tara Reid nipple slip"
"He could win a staring contest with the sun!"
"JZ Calvin......once he takes off that shirt, he has more muscles than a seafood platter"
"there is more blood in the ring than you would find in an episode of dexter."
"Boomshakalaka!!!!!"
"more subs than the US Navy"
"Imanari Foot Fetish Wagon"
"He's 5'4", which means he's tall enough to milk a cow standing."
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
dell wrote: Your right Randy isn't a part of it now but he did help build it. I was a little shocked as well at Soku snapping even after the ref basically was inbetween him and Nortje. I guess he really vented his frustration from his past few fights.

I wonder when they're gonna do a Jacare/Mayhem rematch. Dream 10 has the Welterweight GP and a few good fights like Aoki/Shaolin and Manhoef/Paulo Filho.

On a side note, I don't think I've laughed that much during an MMA event, I thought that Aussie commentator was absolutely hilarious. Clearly a Sherdog'er with all the quotes he pumped out like giving props to Sexyama.
"Yamamoto has been on his back more times this fight, than my ex-girlfriend."
"More predictable than a Tara Reid nipple slip"
"He could win a staring contest with the sun!"
"JZ Calvin......once he takes off that shirt, he has more muscles than a seafood platter"
"there is more blood in the ring than you would find in an episode of dexter."
"Boomshakalaka!!!!!"
"more subs than the US Navy"
"Imanari Foot Fetish Wagon"
"He's 5'4", which means he's tall enough to milk a cow standing."
Yeah, Randy was a big part of Team Quest and I think he does still train with members from that camp sometimes. I do not think it was a negative split but I could be wrong.

Sokodjou lost a bit of respect after that imo, no excuses for how he acted. I hope whoever he fights next takes it to him. Cant wait for the Miller/Jacare rematch. LMAO at the commentators quotes.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
shannn wrote: So basically Machida got paid the same amount as Rashad when all the payouts were payed out
And hmm, Hughes was the biggest paid fighter this night
Hughes was on the last fight of a big contract, thats why he was drawing such big dollars. I doubt his next contract will be that high.

When looking/compairing payscales one has to take into account the contract was signed often before the fighter was a top contender or signed when they were a top contender and they may not be any more. For example, one may wonder why Matt Hughes is making more than Machida when Hughes is no longer a top contender but Machida is the champion/fighting for the title. When a fighter signs a 3 fight, 5 fight deal or whatever.. (putting aside all bonuses) they are going to make what they make for those fights even if they win them all and beat top opponents. When Machida's deal ends, if he is still on top he will be drawing bigger dollars than $140,000. I know that the UFC often gives a bigger base if the fighter is fighting for a title or high profile fight but they do not have to.
Sep 13, 2008
408 posts
LOL
Rampage ducking Machida

Such a pussy move by Rampage

As much as I hate Rashad , I hope he will knock Quinton out

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)