4453 posts
260 upvotes
was that rigged?

Barry looked like he didn't want to fully fight him
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1511 posts
31 upvotes
That was what Barry deserved for being cocky in round 1.
Good for CroCop, I hope he gets extended by UFC, I'd like to see a couple more fights out of him.

Good fight CroCop!!!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
gwu wrote: lets see if mike goldberg talks about "that look in his eyes"
does Rich Franklin even stand a chance?

every time i've watched UFC I see him lose badly

nevermind.....
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2009
1497 posts
11 upvotes
this event really surprised me, i thought it was gonna be a boring event. turned out to be very exciting :razz:
Dec 24, 2009
289 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
>Chuck Lidell
>no alcohol for 1 year
>careful portioned meals for 1 year
>rigorous exercise program for 1 year

>gets knocked out in round 1

:lol:
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
260 upvotes
i saw a post on Sherdog asking if Barry was too much of a CroCop fan and didn't take advantage of the knockdowns

each time crocop got knocked down Barry let him get back up and then they go back to striking like they are in K1 and they kept high fiving, smiling, hugging before and after rounds...

it was like watching 2 friends fighting and Barry didn't care if he lost
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
DiploDocus wrote: i saw a post on Sherdog asking if Barry was too much of a CroCop fan and didn't take advantage of the knockdowns

each time crocop got knocked down Barry let him get back up and then they go back to striking like they are in K1 and they kept high fiving, smiling, hugging before and after rounds...

it was like watching 2 friends fighting and Barry didn't care if he lost
That is what I was thinking. I still give credit to crocop for winning the fight though. In the first round, barry for sure had a good chance of finishing the fight with his knockdowns but it could be he has too much respect for him. That hug they did was epic haha. Good card overall. Only thing I didn't like was Paulo getting worked on. Hope he gets better for his future fights.
Items For Sale:
BST Feedback: 17
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
excellent card last night

I can't believe there were people that thought this woud suck. That was one of the best UFCs I can remember in a long time. I know condit and macdonald got FOTN........but damn I'd have a hard time saying that fight deserved it over Griffin/Dunham, Rothwell/Yvel, or CroCop/Barry

I think all 4 were equally awesome

I feel bad for Chuck though.......... he was looking so good until he over committed and got KTFO more brutally than ever before
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
gwu wrote: That was what Barry deserved for being cocky in round 1.
Good for CroCop, I hope he gets extended by UFC, I'd like to see a couple more fights out of him.

Good fight CroCop!!!
Cocky!?! Barry wasnt cocky at all. He had a couple chances to pounce on Crocop after he knocked him down, but due to the respect Barry had on Crocop, he didnt want to finish him.

He had too much respect for CroCop, thus all the hugging and props they were giving each other throughout the fight.

Barry is one of the nicest fighter and everyone he faces, he gives full respect to them.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2069 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Was a great card last night.

Agreed with most of the comments. The Barry/Cro Cop fight was kind of weird though. Way too much "awe/respect/fighting his hero" kind of thing for Barry when it looked like he could have finished CroCop in the first round. Just didn't go for the kill. Hell CroCop might have even used that against him as well. CroCop did start looking really sharp the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Who would have predicted he'd win by submission?!?!

Chuck looked pretty good as well but his chin is basically glass now. Each fight he gets brutally knocked out and it looks worse and worse each time. It's almost painful to watch when he's laying there on the canvas with the camera zooming right in.

Big props to Franklin after getting his arm broken and still knocking out Chuck for the win!
Banned
Dec 3, 2009
1291 posts
23 upvotes
PCDawg wrote: Cocky!?! Barry wasnt cocky at all. He had a couple chances to pounce on Crocop after he knocked him down, but due to the respect Barry had on Crocop, he didnt want to finish him.

He had too much respect for CroCop, thus all the hugging and props they were giving each other throughout the fight.

Barry is one of the nicest fighter and everyone he faces, he gives full respect to them.
The Barry/Crocop fight reminded me of the first GSP/Hughes. I don't think anyone can deny that Barry had the opportunities to finish Crocop. I think a rematch would show Barry to be the superior fighter.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
gatorb6 wrote: Was a great card last night.

Agreed with most of the comments. The Barry/Cro Cop fight was kind of weird though. Way too much "awe/respect/fighting his hero" kind of thing for Barry when it looked like he could have finished CroCop in the first round. Just didn't go for the kill. Hell CroCop might have even used that against him as well. CroCop did start looking really sharp the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Who would have predicted he'd win by submission?!?!

Chuck looked pretty good as well but his chin is basically glass now. Each fight he gets brutally knocked out and it looks worse and worse each time. It's almost painful to watch when he's laying there on the canvas with the camera zooming right in.

Big props to Franklin after getting his arm broken and still knocking out Chuck for the win!
#1 I don't think at any point it looked like he could have finished CC... he knocked him down twice but both times CC was back at 100% as soon as he hit the floor. He would have been able to pull guard right away and maybe even submit barry.....even with Barry's awesome white belt in BJJ

#2 it's hard to say chuck's chin is glass from that KO... that would have KOed any human...but I do agree he has a glass chin now
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
I'd change the title of the thread

First of all it says M-! instead of M-1.. second of all, M-1 is irrelevant junk.. Should say Strikeforce/DREAM/K-1
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
The strikeforce fight in June 26th is showing on Showtime. Would that be free on the fightnetwork channel in canada?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
PCDawg wrote: The strikeforce fight in June 26th is showing on Showtime. Would that be free on the fightnetwork channel in canada?
I believe these events are only on superchannel in Canada

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)