• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2016 12:39 pm
Tags:
Feb 3, 2011
565 posts
75 upvotes
Havo wrote:
Jul 19th, 2016 12:03 pm
So I guess Jones was on estrogen blockers... USADA has extended his temporary suspension and we will have to see where it goes from there. Curious to see how long his ban is.
It's going to be around 2 years right? That's a costly suspension. That's two years of his prime, he's losing out on a TON of money. And if the suspension is 2 years or more, the Cormier/Jones rematch will probably never happen.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1471 posts
153 upvotes
Looks like Lesnar got caught for the same thing Jones was on.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1471 posts
153 upvotes
Get-a-fix wrote:
Jul 31st, 2016 12:41 am
Noooo Robbie!!! Oh well i don't think Woodley's going to be holding the belt for long. I've lost count of how many belts have changed hands this year!
I think Rogan said 8 or 9 this year?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1467 posts
6 upvotes
That was the one thing Woodley had that all Welterweights should be afraid of.
Similar to how Hendricks (pre-USADA) had his left hook.

Is Wonderboy next for Woodley? if so, I think he will out-point him in the early rounds and finish in the championship rounds.
I would love to see Nick Diaz (coming off suspension) vs. Robbie Lawler next.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1345 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
No comments on ufc 202?

Conor gave its all.. Great fight...

All the main cards beside mcgregor ended less then 2rds

Early bedtime for me :)
May 21, 2013
528 posts
170 upvotes
Westmount
I had Diaz winning that fight.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of match fixing involved for the trilogy fight. More and more decisions are becoming very questionable.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15241 posts
530 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ksimms3 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 9:13 am

Wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of match fixing involved for the trilogy fight. More and more decisions are becoming very questionable.
I didn't think Conor had a chance in that fight, but you're honestly questioning the results of the judges in this one? Perhaps I could see a draw but imo Conor won 1,2 and 4. Nate was the clear winner in round 3, Round 4 and 5 were both close.
HEATWARE (21 - 0) - evilbaby
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2007
1328 posts
51 upvotes
ksimms3 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 9:13 am

What are you talking about, Conor won 1, 2 and 4th round....

Here're the major media outlet scoring...

http://imgur.com/a/Aa4ni
May 21, 2013
528 posts
170 upvotes
Westmount
Saw what I saw, Diaz pressed the pace in the majority of the rounds, landed more strikes, didn't run from the action.

Most MMA fighters agree that Diaz won also
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2007
1328 posts
51 upvotes
ksimms3 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 12:42 pm
Saw what I saw, Diaz pressed the pace in the majority of the rounds, landed more strikes, didn't run from the action.

True, Diaz had a bit more strikes, unfortunately you don't score the fight as a whole, you have to score them by rounds.

http://imgur.com/XjNLzVu
Source?
May 21, 2013
528 posts
170 upvotes
Westmount
Krakilin0405 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 12:52 pm
ksimms3 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2016 12:42 pm

True, Diaz had a bit more strikes, unfortunately you don't score the fight as a whole, you have to score them by rounds.

http://imgur.com/XjNLzVu
Source?
twitter, if you search the fight you see a lot of MMA guys giving it to him.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
5586 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
All I know is that if Conor lost that fight, he's pretty much done, no? Losing to the same guy twice, someone he's supposed to handle easily (before their 1st match not knowing what we know now). Anyway, definitely need part 3 since this one wasn't convincing at all, he started out great but almost lost it, desperately clinging on through force of will.

Will their next match be less even given Conor wants it @155? He should win that handily?
× < >