Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2573 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
actyper wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 11:32 am
Henderson got $250k vs Bisping. He also got another $100k for knockout of the night. Is that grossly underpaid vs the other salaries of top mma fighters in the ufc?
No, it's grossly underpaid for the entertainment he and the other fighters provided, which fans felt was worth the nearly $100M they paid for it. The UFC gets $400M a year in revenue, and fighters should get 50% of the pie like other sports, and I think he earns maybe 3% of the total fighter payroll given his stature in the sport. Even if he asked for $500k a year, that's way below what he deserves.

The only reason the UFC makes so much money is their restraint of trade on the fighters. That's what their whole business is based on. If the fighters were all allowed to fight for whomever they want, they would make way more money.
You proved my point about Gegard. He knew he would be up against a top notch wrestler, he had to have prepared for a 25min war. He gassed in the first round, and spent the whole fight on his back. This is a championship fight. I hope he rebounds from this and I believe he will, but for now I'm going to criticize him for his effort.
What I'm saying is that Mousasi didn't underperform; rather, your expectations were simply too high. He's never been in that position before, and never had the ability to wrestle for even 10 minutes without gassing, let alone 25.
Nov 22, 2006
712 posts
12 upvotes
rems wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 1:59 pm
haha yea...he quit from the broken hand cuz that knee didnt touch his head

I'm pretty sure after Dana watched the replay, he'll ensure the faker won't be able to get a gig fighting on the next "BUM FIGHTS" dvd.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10009 posts
468 upvotes
how about that head spike?

Dana seemed really impressed but that shoulda been the end of the fight right there from DQ
He who tries will be wasted
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10009 posts
468 upvotes
next month's Strikeforce card has been finalized

MAIN CARD

* Champ Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers (for heavyweight title)
* Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
* Jacare vs. Joey Villasenor
* Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman
* Lyle Beerbohm vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro*

damn... gonna be awesome
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3732 posts
127 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 1:21 pm

MAIN CARD

damn... gonna be awesome
Damn, im sure the fights will be better than strikeforce: nashville, but that card had bigger names.
I'm looking forward to this card either way, we're gonna see some sick subs (Jacare, Gracie).
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10009 posts
468 upvotes
Skip2MyLou wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 3:32 pm
Damn, im sure the fights will be better than strikeforce: nashville, but that card had bigger names.
I'm looking forward to this card either way, we're gonna see some sick subs (Jacare, Gracie).
we're also gonna see some massive beatdowns in the ubereem/rogers and arlovski/silva fights

THIS is the card that should have been on CBS

I'd argue that Ubereem and Arlovskie are bigger names than any of the guys that fought on the CBS card outside of maybe Hendo... but that's a big maybe
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3408 posts
72 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 1:21 pm

MAIN CARD

damn... gonna be awesome
I thought Fedor was the heavyweight champ?
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10009 posts
468 upvotes
Mike71 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 4:16 pm
no
Overeem is

and since M1 is ducking overeem Rogers is getting atitle shot
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15338 posts
562 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Dana White says Jake Shields joining UFC

It'll be interesting to see how good he actually is. I've never had much belief in his skills(always though he wasn't explosive enough) but I gain a fair amount of respect for him with his win over Hendo(regardless how what Hendo showed up for that fight).

I still think he's way too slow to put up much of a fight against GSP but he's another top contender, that's for sure.
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10009 posts
468 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 6:09 pm
Dana White says Jake Shields joining UFC

It'll be interesting to see how good he actually is. I've never had much belief in his skills(always though he wasn't explosive enough) but I gain a fair amount of respect for him with his win over Hendo(regardless how what Hendo showed up for that fight).

I still think he's way too slow to put up much of a fight against GSP but he's another top contender, that's for sure.

Shields vs Fitch

battle of the epic LNPers
Jul 5, 2004
21391 posts
1587 upvotes
I want to see Shields fight GSP right away. I want GSP to be the one to destroy the reputation of Shields, I don't want Fitch or Alves to beat him. I don't think Shields is even a top 5 WW, but I don't want anyone else to beat him until GSP does first.

There's just no way he'll beat Fitch, Koscheck or GSP. He might stand a chance against Alves because of the style, but the other guys are much better wrestlers than he is.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15338 posts
562 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Shaner wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 6:53 pm
I want to see Shields fight GSP right away. I want GSP to be the one to destroy the reputation of Shields, I don't want Fitch or Alves to beat him. I don't think Shields is even a top 5 WW, but I don't want anyone else to beat him until GSP does first.

There's just no way he'll beat Fitch, Koscheck or GSP. He might stand a chance against Alves because of the style, but the other guys are much better wrestlers than he is.
I think there is a good chance that he'd get a quick shot at GSP. It's a new contender the UFC can hype. I think White would be afraid that the rest of the top contenders could beat Shields and that is one less fight for GSP.
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2007
1434 posts
142 upvotes
Mike71 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 4:16 pm
Fedor is the "WAMMA" HW champ but that belt means absolutely nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ubereem is the SF HW champ and has been since '07
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15338 posts
562 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Viper98 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2010 3:27 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sujUH3qgcvk

Aleks's fight from last night........... I don't know what to say
lol, so either that guy has a serious medical condition or the Russian mob paid him to take a dive early in the fight. Alek's seemed extremely confused by the whole thing.
× < >