Sports & Recreation

The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Nov 8, 2005
849 posts
44 upvotes
North York
Bones lacks KO power in his hands to begin with, and with his right hand hurt I was hoping Vitor would let his hands go and atleast try to blitz a few times...
Deal With Confidence

MY HEATWARE
MY HOFO FEEDBACK
Jun 6, 2008
404 posts
23 upvotes
Brampton
azn_pnoy wrote: Bones lacks KO power in his hands to begin with, and with his right hand hurt I was hoping Vitor would let his hands go and atleast try to blitz a few times...
+1, he would have if he made it to the 5th.
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Abstracpoetic wrote: +1, he would have if he made it to the 5th.
I think he was too gas and hurt to do too much after the first round. Before the match, I thought his best chance was to go all out when he was fresh. But I can't blame him for his strategy as he came close to getting the finish in the most unlikely of ways.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Abstracpoetic wrote: +1, he would have if he made it to the 5th.
no he wouldn't have

it would have been AGONIZING for him to throw puinch with just the rib injury

but factor in his broken hand too

he had no chance
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
VCR wrote: lol, so did you watch the entire card or just the main event?
unfortunately, i had to sit through that flyweight fight which was just as bad as watching gsp.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
grappos13 wrote: Jbj...18-0!
sorry brah his dirty ***** lost to Hamill

oh I can't wait for the day when they make east to west elbows illegal too. Jones' wont be able to try and win by cut anymore and will be forced to actually fight instead of be a little *****
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: sorry brah his dirty ***** lost to Hamill

oh I can't wait for the day when they make east to west elbows illegal too. Jones' wont be able to try and win by cut anymore and will be forced to actually fight instead of be a little *****
are you also waiting for the day when they make laying on a guy for 5 rounds illegal too so gsp won't be able to try and win by LnP and will be forced to actually fight instead of be a little *****?

(they already took away his ability to grease)
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Since both Hamill and Jones won, maybe Hamill will be nice enough to give JJ a rematch. JJ is pretty overrated for a guy with a loss to Hamill. lol
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: Since both Hamill and Jones won, maybe Hamill will be nice enough to give JJ a rematch. JJ is pretty overrated for a guy with a loss to Hamill. lol
Hamill used his head to get that win!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
i read that hamill past jones in the locker rooms and whispered to jones...17 and ONE!

then jones said fk u, and hamill didn't hear him.

haha so that last part is made up, but the first is not
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
nineiron wrote: unfortunately, i had to sit through that flyweight fight which was just as bad as watching gsp.
dude, you only have yourself to blame ...
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Viper98 wrote: sorry brah his dirty ***** lost to Hamill
lol ... that's like stating the Spider lost to Yukami .......
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3682 posts
19 upvotes
VCR wrote: It would be hard to imagine him cutting 40 pounds to make the LHW limit.
I could imagine it and it is possible, others do it (I know a 155'er that cuts almost that amount of lbs). That being said, Jones doesn't look all that huge and IDK what he walks around at. Certainly possible though. That being said, he isn't 40 lbs above the limit on fight night and his opponent cuts weight to. Belfort for example said he didn't have to cut much (7lbs or so I think he said) so you figure he probably would weigh around 215ish on fight night. If Jones comes in at 225 on fight night, not that huge of a difference and certainly not 40lbs.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
phomp wrote: I could imagine it and it is possible, others do it (I know a 155'er that cuts almost that amount of lbs). That being said, Jones doesn't look all that huge and IDK what he walks around at. Certainly possible though. That being said, he isn't 40 lbs above the limit on fight night and his opponent cuts weight to. Belfort for example said he didn't have to cut much (7lbs or so I think he said) so you figure he probably would weigh around 215ish on fight night. If Jones comes in at 225 on fight night, not that huge of a difference and certainly not 40lbs.
+1

i think ppl just hate Jones and want to come up with crap to discredit him.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
nineiron wrote: unfortunately, i had to sit through that flyweight fight which was just as bad as watching gsp.
VCR wrote: dude, you only have yourself to blame ...
huh? did you happen to hear the crowd booing during that fight? or did you block it out like you do when you hear ppl booing gsp?
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
nineiron wrote: huh? did you happen to hear the crowd booing during that fight? or did you block it out like you do when you hear ppl booing gsp?
I agree with you about GSP but just because the crowd was booing doesn't mean it was a bad fight.

The vast majority of people who go watch the fights are extremely uneducated about MMA and haven't trained a day in their lives. They just want to see people get KTFO and nothing more.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: I agree with you about GSP but just because the crowd was booing doesn't mean it was a bad fight.

The vast majority of people who go watch the fights are extremely uneducated about MMA and haven't trained a day in their lives. They just want to see people get KTFO and nothing more.
and what happens to your beloved "sport" when the "vast majority" are no longer entertained by it?

so tired of you "mma elitists" that think you know so much because you "trained". did you have to play football competitively to appreciate an NFL game? i know a good fight when i see one. and don't give me this crap about how unskilled these "brawlers" are.. they're in the ufc, are they not?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
nineiron wrote: and what happens to your beloved "sport" when the "vast majority" are no longer entertained by it?

so tired of you "mma elitists" that think you know so much because you "trained". did you have to play football competitively to appreciate an NFL game? i know a good fight when i see one. and don't give me this crap about how unskilled these "brawlers" are.. they're in the ufc, are they not?
Clearly you do not know a good fight when you see one. You've made that more than abundantly clear by now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)