• Sep 28th, 2016 6:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2732 posts
166 upvotes
nineiron wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 6:09 pm
thx to the guy that posted the quote above. now, maybe, the gsp nuthuggers, can shut up about how gsp is the "best athlete" in the ufc. he's not, and he knows he's not.
GSP is good but you gotta remember that Montreal fans have not much to really cheer for except for him.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2314 posts
218 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 7:12 pm
Are you really calling a fighter garbage for not finishing fights?
If he's not good enough to showboat then what Is he good enough for?
did i say he was "garbage"?

he's good enough to hold an opponent down for 5 rounds.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2314 posts
218 upvotes
Abel4Life wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 7:16 pm
GSP is good but you gotta remember that Montreal fans have not much to really cheer for except for him.
oh, i know. i understand cheering for gsp cuz he's Canadian. but it's annoying when these gsp fans say he's "p4p #1" or that "he's exciting" or that "he's the most athletic fighter"
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3733 posts
31 upvotes
Kris81 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 2:23 pm
This fight for GSP was no different then the past fights, other then Condit was actually going for it & trying to win. That's why it was exciting. It was exciting because of what Condit was doing, not because of what GSP was doing. If GSP really wanted the finish he would have tried to posture up more on the ground, went for the back, tried to full mount, tried more subs than a neck crank, stood up to keep it standing, pressed hard, etc.

Ben Askren, GSP, they are both the same. The difference is one guy is canadian, good looking & popular, and the other guy speaks the truth.
I agree that Condit was the one making the fight exciting at some points. Hell, even when GSP would get the better of a standing exchange he used it to take the fight to the mat. He executed his plan well, exciting or not.

If he "wanted" to finish? I assume he wants to finish but was unable to or did not see a chance where he could. He did go for the back at one point and got it if I recall. What point could he have got full mount? He got stopped at Condit's half guard each time and Condit had pretty good guard recovery. There was not many submission attempts that were available to him (only when he got the back). Considering the majority of the fight was spent in Condit's closed guard (and in Condit's half where Condit played it tight and safe to recover closed, didn't leave any openings).... there was not much there, no one goes for submissions inside the guard, and the neck crank was not a submission attempt, I believe it was to line up strikes (particularly elbows). Neck cranks used as a legit submission went by the waste side quite a while ago.

I agree, GSP was playing it safe, especially keeping it on the ground, because Condit was getting the better of the standing exchanges. Not really trying to make any defense for GSP at all, I think if/when Maia gets a shot, if GSP fights like that he would be screwed.

You think GSP is good looking? I didn't see anyone say negative things about Ben Askren, I think he is pretty decent but he needs to fight better competition.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2004
3733 posts
31 upvotes
I was in Montreal this weekend and ran into Darren Elkins in the McDonalds around 3:00am, seemed like he had been partying up but he was a pretty cool guy. Had serious cauliflower and looked like he took a lot of damage to the face.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2314 posts
218 upvotes
Kris81 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 2:25 pm
This is the face of "your winner". lol

Sometimes when you win, you lose.

if Condit was able to do this to him, imagine what the Spider would do to him!!
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2314 posts
218 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 9:46 pm
How long ago was his last fight?
who cares?

if i remember correctly, he looked like that after his last fight too!
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2314 posts
218 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 9:56 pm
Are you a Jake Shields & Carlos Condit fan or something? Lol.
jake shields fan? lmao, does he even have fans?

Condit's been in some decent fights. i wouldn't say i'm "a fan" though.

are u a gsp fan or something? lol
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4043 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Kris81 wrote:

Sometimes when you win, you lose.

Shoot I wanna see Condit now.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43217 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
nineiron wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 10:11 pm
jake shields fan? lmao, does he even have fans?

Condit's been in some decent fights. i wouldn't say i'm "a fan" though.

are u a gsp fan or something? lol
I would say yes BUT that doesn't mean I'm defending him entirely because of that - It's just odd for someone to hate GSP as much as you do.
I wonder what your reasoning Is for all this bashing you're putting on him, Lol.

Every Canadian that wins over the USA Is a victory In my books regardless of how boring the fight Is. LOL.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2573 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
Hey all, haven't been here in ages but had to post for GSP's comeback. What a fight! Finally an opponent for GSP that was trying to win.

And, as predicted, butthurt haters whining about a FOTN :lol:
If GSP really wanted the finish he would have tried to posture up more on the ground, went for the back, tried to full mount, tried more subs than a neck crank, stood up to keep it standing, pressed hard, etc.
WTF were you watching? GSP was posturing up all the time. That's how he did most of his ground damage. In one paragraph you're talking about how Carlos repeatedly prevented GSP from advancing to mount, and in another your saying GSP never tried to get mount? LOL you GSP haters are so pathetic that you can't even get your stories straight. And how are you supposed to get the back from guard or half guard, genius?

The funny thing is that when GSP did precisely all of these things to Hardy, you still whined! And guess who thought GSP-Hardy was his favourite fight? Then again, WTF does Junior dos Santos know about exciting fights... ;) That's actually the only fight where GSP abandoned GnP, apparently due to some obsession with teaching Hardy a lesson with a sub. Other than that, name one fighter that has more damaging GnP than GSP. Lay and pray? Get a life, keyboard warrior.
Kris81 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 2:23 pm
This fight for GSP was no different then the past fights, other then Condit was actually going for it & trying to win. That's why it was exciting. It was exciting because of what Condit was doing, not because of what GSP was doing.
Yeah, no kidding. How is that different from ANY exciting fight? How did Anderson do against a guy with no intention to win (Leites)? What did Jones do to Rashad besides land a couple of (admittedly sweet) elbows when Rashad did nothing to win? GSP has faced one defensive fighter after another. Before the Condit fight, the last fighter who tried to win was Fitch. Everyone else went to defense after a few minutes, just trying to lose a decision. Penn, Alves, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields. Hardy even admitted it.

So which WW do you think is so much more exciting? Diaz?

Condit did the same backpedaling in-and-out routine against GSP that he did to Diaz. The only difference was that one kick landed better on GSP than on Diaz. Yet Diaz just complained as Condit landed strikes, while GSP pounced and pounded him, landing 5 times as many power shots to Condit's head than Diaz did. Similar thing when they both fought Penn. GSP made Penn quit and landed enough damage that he thought one more round could have ended his career. The only reason Diaz-Penn was more "exciting" was because Diaz landed LESS damage and so Penn fought back.

Who else? Hendricks? He and GSP fought Fitch and Koscheck. GSP vs Fitch was one of the best fights of the year, Hendricks got a KO on an injured Fitch too desperate for money to pull out, so call it even. Against Koscheck, GSP does way more damage than Hendricks does. Erick Silva? Yeah, let's see what happens to his style when he figures out how to avoid getting beat down by the WW wrestlers. Kampmann? Yeah, that's a great plan to lay down offense. Get rocked almost every fight, and he still did less damage to Alves, Shields, or Condit as GSP did. But hey, because Alves went for a boneheaded takedown and got finished.

I even saw you praise Alves for "going for it" with that takedown against Kampman. LOL. Yet when GSP gets a takedown and lays down a beating, it's to be boring. Alves just backpedals against GSP for 5 rounds, and "he's a fighter, not a GSPer". Right....
Kris81 wrote:
Hey, another brilliant idea from Kris81! Let's judge the winner of a fight by looking at his face. Yup, Rogers beat Fedor, Florian beat Sherk, etc. Just look at their faces.

What a joke.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
10021 posts
470 upvotes
VCR wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 7:15 pm
The speculation is that it will be fought at a catchweight between 177-178 lbs ... At fight time, however, Silva will likely be 20+ lbs heavier.
He was talking about gsp moving up to fight Jones not dikva
He who tries will be wasted
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
2573 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto (Pasadena
I see nineiron is still here. Remember this gem?
nineiron wrote:
May 2nd, 2011 4:57 pm
Condit, DHK, Paulo Thiago could all beat him right now. they're protecting GSP by giving him all these 1 dimensional or small fighters.
HAHAHAHA
× < >