The Official UFC & MMA thread: UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2 - July 29th

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 12:55 pm
Tags:
Jan 3, 2003
299 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver Island
If GSP can cut to 155 what's the possibility of a George vs. Connor super fight?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
154 upvotes
Birdman wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 11:58 am
If GSP can cut to 155 what's the possibility of a George vs. Connor super fight?
If GSP can make weight, Connor is really the only choice you have at 155 for GSP. GSP and the UFC would only want the big money fights for his return bouts, and Connor vs GSP would do massive PPV buys. I think Connor has stated in the past that he would do a GSP fight.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10417 posts
536 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 1:07 pm
good for GSP. Bisping has no punching power. GSP will just take him down and G&P.
Hope GSP wins, drops the belt and goes down to 155 to face McGregor.

UFC is definitely hoping GSP wins his return fight.
Sep 23, 2011
294 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Bisping faces 13th ranked MW in Hendo for his last defense, and now a WW who is out of the sport for 3.5 years in GSP. Feel sorry for Romero and Jacare who should have been fighting for the title. However- business wise in terms of PPV buys, this was the fight to make.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16314 posts
882 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Mehar156 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 2:21 pm
Bisping faces 13th ranked MW in Hendo for his last defense, and now a WW who is out of the sport for 3.5 years in GSP. Feel sorry for Romero and Jacare who should have been fighting for the title. However- business wise in terms of PPV buys, this was the fight to make.
This is true. I want Jacare on top but I feel especially bad for Romero considering his age and how many fighting years he could possibly have left.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12324 posts
351 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 1:07 pm
good for GSP. Bisping has no punching power. GSP will just take him down and G&P.
I'm a big fan of Gsp and I have no doubt that he can take Bisping down but I don't think he can hold him down long enough to do any damage.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1891 posts
97 upvotes
Not a fan of Bisping vs GSP - obviously an intriguing fight. But why even have title fights and champions anymore. Just have "superfights" . Belts are so meaningless now when champs never fight #1 contenders. Bisping is gonna ask for Nick Diaz next.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12324 posts
351 upvotes
Wilmega wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 12:28 pm
Not a fan of Bisping vs GSP - obviously an intriguing fight. But why even have title fights and champions anymore. Just have "superfights" . Belts are so meaningless now when champs never fight #1 contenders. Bisping is gonna ask for Nick Diaz next.
After he loses, that fight might makes sense...

Belts became meaningless when the ufc Champs started losing every other fight

I really don't even care about title fights. I just want to see fights that would be cool to see. Bellator got that right. If Kimbo was still around, I would want him to fight rampage just because that would be stupidly awesome.

Gsp fighting for the middleweight belt confuses the hell out of me but if they have Anderson Silva have a fight around the same time and they both win, then that sets up the superfight 8 years in the making. Sorry to the other middleweight title contenders out there cause Silva is cutting in line. Of course GSP is taking the obligatory minimum 6 months off after beating Bisping, holding up the division even longer. He will say he doesn't want to discuss the next fight and will fight anyone the ufc puts in front of him but we all know what happens behind the scenes...
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1891 posts
97 upvotes
Omg Khabib out of UFC 209. Was really excited for that match, the winner would of faced McGregor. Spent the last few days watching of the hype leading up to this event too. smh
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2686 posts
219 upvotes
Not sure about everyone but that last main event was straight up garbage to me. Woodley deserved the win and I still believe if you want to win the belt you got to go out there and beat the champ. Not much in terms of the much from either side except for that fifth round flurry.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
154 upvotes
azn_dan wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 9:53 am
Not sure about everyone but that last main event was straight up garbage to me. Woodley deserved the win and I still believe if you want to win the belt you got to go out there and beat the champ. Not much in terms of the much from either side except for that fifth round flurry.
I only caught the last two fights. I found it funny that Rogan kept saying he loved the technical match between Woodley and Thompson. Come on, let's call it what it is, it was a really boring fight. I think they said they landed 7 strikes each in the first 10 minutes which is ridiculous. Even Dana was disappointed in it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a rematch will NOT be happening.

I enjoyed the Hunt/Overeem fight. That was a nasty KO with the knee and Hunt apparently broke his leg on his kick in the first round. Kudos to him for continuing the fight and still throwing kicks afterwards! Oh, and when Overeem started running around to avoid Hunt, it brought awful memories of what he did in his last fight (was it with Miocic?).
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)