Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian for the vacant UFC Lightweight Title
Jon Fitch vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Spencer Fisher vs. Dan Lauzon
Yushin Okami vs. Kalib Starnes
Cheick Kongo vs. Carmelo Marrero
Keith Jardine vs. Mike Nickels
Clay Guida vs. Justin James
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Cleuder "Junior" Assuncao

My picks are, Franklin, Sherk, Fitch, Fisher, Starnes, Kongo, Jardine, James, and Pellegrino.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1249 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
ElChico wrote: The UFC 64 Card is now set.

Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva
Sean Sherk vs. Kenny Florian for the vacant UFC Lightweight Title
Jon Fitch vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
Spencer Fisher vs. Dan Lauzon
Yushin Okami vs. Kalib Starnes
Cheick Kongo vs. Carmelo Marrero
Keith Jardine vs. Mike Nickels
Clay Guida vs. Justin James
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Cleuder "Junior" Assuncao

My picks are, Franklin, Sherk, Fitch, Fisher, Starnes, Kongo, Jardine, James, and Pellegrino.
If there's someone who'll beat Tim Sylvia, it's Cheick Kongo...that guy's a beast!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
The betting lines are in. No real surprises, except that Starnes/Okami in a pick 'em fight.

UFC 64
October 14
Las Vegas, NV

MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT

ANDERSON SILVA +160
RICH FRANKLIN -200

LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT

KENNY FLORIAN +250
SEAN SHERK -320

REGULAR BOUTS

DAN LAUZON +325
SPENCER FISHER -425

MIKE NICKELS +385
KEITH JARDINE -485

KUNIYOSHI HIRONAKA +255
JON FITCH -325

CARMELLO MARRERO +375
CHEICK KONGO -525

KHALIB STARNES -115
YUSHIN OKAMI -115

CLAYTON GUIDA -260
JUSTIN JAMES +200

JUNIOR ASSUNCAO +220
KURT PELLEGRINO -280

UFC 65
November 18
Sacramento, CA

WELTERWEIGHT FIGHT
GEORGES ST PIERRE +115
MATT HUGHES -145

UFC 66
December 30
Las Vegas, NV

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
TITO ORTIZ +220
CHUCK LIDDELL -280
Banned
Apr 25, 2005
3425 posts
4 upvotes
Franklin is going to ruin Silva. Much to the dismay of many who think Silva is going to win.

Ken-Flo is going to get killed. Hell Little Evil lost las ppv. Who knows.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
Silva DESTROYED Franklin, Dana White did not look happy.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2002
3341 posts
5 upvotes
Wow what a fight! Franklin looked like an amateur compared to Silva. No one else in the 185lb divison will have any chance at him. They're going to have to actually pay for some decent talent if they want to give Silva a challenge.

Yaowsers wrote: Franklin is going to ruin Silva. Much to the dismay of many who think Silva is going to win.

Quoted before you edit it ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
ainsane wrote: Wow what a fight! Franklin looked like an amateur compared to Silva. No one else in the 185lb divison will have any chance at him. They're going to have to actually pay for some decent talent if they want to give Silva a challenge.
But there is nobody out there for Middleweight. Matt Hughes said that he'd move up to fight Silva if the both won their bouts.

Also, I was surprised Kongo lost.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8423 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
Hmm, fight still not available on bittorrent for us non-satellite people :(

I called Silva would win it, and I'm happy he did.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5602 posts
3999 upvotes
GTA
Is it me or did franklin look scared when he was coming into the ring? And ya his nose was re-arranged by silva's knee, i didnt expect him to go down this easily.
The sherk vs florian fight was pretty good, sherk is almost like a lighter version of matt hughes.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
[IMG]http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/art ... 7UFC64.jpg[/IMG]
Kenflo's Shorts started white :)
[IMG]http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/art ... 0UFC64.jpg[/IMG]

Results:

-Anderson Silva def. Rich Franklin by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 3:59 of Round 1 to win the UFC Middleweight Title

-Sean Sherk def. Kenny Florian by unanimous decision to win the vacant UFC Lightweight Title

-Jon Fitch def. Kuniyoshi Hironaka by unanimous decision

-Carmelo Marrero def. Cheick Kongo by split decision

-Spencer Fisher def. Dan Lauzon by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 4:38 of Round 1

-Clay Guida def. Justin James by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:42 of Round 2

-Yushin Okami def. Kalib Starnes by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 1:40 of Round 3

-Kurt Pellegrino def. Junior Assuncao by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:04 of Round 1
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1249 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Yaowsers wrote: Franklin is going to ruin Silva. Much to the dismay of many who think Silva is going to win.

Franklin had no idea how to defend against the Thai clinch. That's what made him lose, IMO...

Heck, he should've taken his own advice and started the match on one knee, eh? haha

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8423 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
Ok I just watched and wow, Silva tore him up. Those knees to the body and the face were lethal, I'm surprised Franklin lasted that long. This middleweight champion will be here for a long long time.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8423 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
His trainer could at least have realigned his nose straight. :lol:
Aug 28, 2003
739 posts
127 upvotes
I'm not sure why people doubted Silva's ability to destroy Franklin, UFC is amateur hour compared to other fight organizations like Pride. I hope UFC keeps bringing in fighters like Silva, they really need to do something to energize their stable, I'm getting sick of seeing the same fights over and over.

I made money on the Silva fight but lost some of it back on the Sherk fight. I thought florian had a good chance in that one and he was a dog, but ah well. :) I def. underestimated Sherk.

T
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3634 posts
65 upvotes
Twitch1977 wrote: I'm not sure why people doubted Silva's ability to destroy Franklin, UFC is amateur hour compared to other fight organizations like Pride. I hope UFC keeps bringing in fighters like Silva, they really need to do something to energize their stable, I'm getting sick of seeing the same fights over and over.
Silva didn't come from Pride, he came from Cage Rage in England. Plus Silva has lost to fighters with losing records in the past.
Aug 28, 2003
739 posts
127 upvotes
Silva's fought a half dozen times in Pride, he's the guy that lost to Ryo Chonan's flying heel hook.

And secondly I'm not saying Silva is good at all, I'm saying the UFC fighters on average aren't as good as fighters in some of the other organizations. In Pride Silva was mediocre at best.

I'd love to see Matt step up to fight Silva irregardless if he wins or loses to GSP. I think it'd be a great fight that could go either way.

T

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)