The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
actyper wrote: Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir - UFC 81 (Feb, superbowl weekend)

Can't wait for his UFC debut
Blah thats an alright match, a even better match would be Brock Lesnar vs Kimbo Slice.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8423 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
hyperion wrote: http://www.kimboslice.org/KimbovsBoCantrell.html

Best one I found. Pretty bad dive/stoppage.
Saw another fight with this Bo Cantrell guy on TV, and apparently that was not a dive, he really does have a chin of glass. The fight I saw he got KOed in almost identical fashion, in the first 20 seconds of the first round.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
1277 posts
51 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: Blah thats an alright match, a even better match would be Brock Lesnar vs Kimbo Slice.
Lesnar beating Kimbo would prove nothing. Mir is an experienced MMA fighter and a former heavyweight champion. Kimbo is a street thug turned MMA fighter who has yet to really be tested. Lesnar would destroy him hands down.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2006
3909 posts
295 upvotes
Caledon
MAIN CARD

Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans
Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman
Ryo Chonan vs. Karo Parisyan
Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher
PRELIMINARY CARD

Thiago Alves vs. Chris Lytle
Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo
Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory
-is anybody picking Bisping? Evans should distroy him.
-Alexander needs to support his children.
-Doerksen will get Herman, when Herman has another mental lapse.
-I hate Karo and his ego, so lets go Ryo. Karo should win this but i am picking Chonan.
-Edgar by close decision.
-Lytle v Alves will be close. I've change my mind 4 times on this fight. Lauzon, Gono and Aurelio should have easy fights. Hope Gono and Aurelio win
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
kcotoulas wrote: MAIN CARD

Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans
Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
Joe Doerksen vs. Ed Herman
Ryo Chonan vs. Karo Parisyan
Frankie Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher
PRELIMINARY CARD

Thiago Alves vs. Chris Lytle
Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo
Akihiro Gono vs. Tamdan McCrory
-is anybody picking Bisping? Evans should distroy him.
-Alexander needs to support his children.
-Doerksen will get Herman, when Herman has another mental lapse.
-I hate Karo and his ego, so lets go Ryo. Karo should win this but i am picking Chonan.
-Edgar by close decision.
-Lytle v Alves will be close. I've change my mind 4 times on this fight. Lauzon, Gono and Aurelio should have easy fights. Hope Gono and Aurelio win

Gotta tell ya, all the fights were boring and disappointing.
Alexander was the biggest disappointment.. dude has no ground game at all...got mounted in a flash and then got confused.

Bisping vs Evans is the main event???.. not deserving and certainly didn't make me get off my seat. The first score card went to Bisping?...lol... good thing Evans won or else there would be chaos.
And why was Rampage at Bispings corner??..lol
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
3138 posts
2300 upvotes
I agree what a weak fight card. Bisping should've lost his last fight but the BS judges gave him the win over that deaf guy Hamill I think his name is. Disappointing event name and fight wise for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
2481 posts
14 upvotes
Even though there was no real main event I thought this card would still be good. Wow I was so wrong. Silva looked good, Houston did not. Karo/Ryo I thought would be awesome, no... Evans/Bisping was pretty much what I thought it would be. Edgar/Fisher disappointed.

Free strikeforce event on Yahoo was better. Though much quicker :)
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1249 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Praetorian wrote: Michael "The Count" Bisping vs. Rashad "Sugar" Evans
Thiago Silva vs. Houston "The Assassin" Alexander
Ed "Short Fuse" Herman vs. David "The Soul Assassin" Terrell
Karo "The Heat" Parisyan vs. Ryo Chonan
Spencer "The King" Fisher vs. Frank "The Answer" Edgar
Chris "Lights Out" Lytle vs. Thiago "Pit Bull" Alves
Jason Reinhardt vs. Joe "J-Lau" Lauzon
Luke "Lil' Hulk" Caudillo vs. Marcus "Maximus" Aurelio
Tamdam "The Barn Cat" McCrory vs. Akihiro Gono

some thoughts:
* bisping is overrated, and that fact was exploited in the hamill fight. rashad is a small light heavyweight, but is way better than bisping.
* houston alexander will hopefully put on another highlight reel knockout.
* ed herman, after losing his fight against jason mcdonald, has really stepped up his game...seen in his fight with scott smith
* karo parisyan should out-fight ryo chonan. chonan's best fight was actually against anderson silva where he won with a flying scissor heel hook.
* joe lauzon...creepy joe...crazy joe...whatever you want to call him, i think he's going to go far in the ufc. he fights a really smart game. hopefully bj penn will be cornering him.
7/9 this time around.

pretty boring card. i think the best fight was the joe lauzon vs. jason reinhardt fight. rear-naked choke while trapping one arm
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
1277 posts
51 upvotes
4flava wrote: Gotta tell ya, all the fights were boring and disappointing.
Alexander was the biggest disappointment.. dude has no ground game at all...got mounted in a flash and then got confused.

Bisping vs Evans is the main event???.. not deserving and certainly didn't make me get off my seat. The first score card went to Bisping?...lol... good thing Evans won or else there would be chaos.
And why was Rampage at Bispings corner??..lol
Rampage was in Bisping's corner because Bisping often trains in Rampage's camp up in Big Bear (along with Cheick Kongo)

Also, I agree with everyone else. This was a lackluster card to begin with (in terms of big names) and the actual event didn't change anyone's views about this card. And Evans further proved why I consider him to be one of the most boring fighters to watch.
Feb 3, 2005
957 posts
Remember Sam Hoger from TUF 1? Check out what's stated on the Wikipedia entry on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Hoger

[QUOTE]Sam "The Alaskan Assassin" Hoger (born Samuel Earl Hoger on June 28, 1980 in Eagle River, Alaska) is a mixed martial arts fighter most notable for appearing on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter, a reality television series produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship and broadcast on Spike TV. Hoger currently trains with Miletich Fighting Systems in Davenport, Iowa and fights in the Light Heavyweight division of the UFC.

Hoger made it to the semi-finals on the show without having to fight. His comments at the time suggested a calculated effort on his part to win the show by fighting until as late as possible. This, together with his genius set up of an apparent theft of petty items from his house mates and subsequent refusal to admit any specific wrong doings in his vague apology, made him a virtual mastermind among the rest of the brain dead contestants. He was eliminated by an early and questionable stoppage after destroying Forrest Griffen in the first round who went on to be the winner of the Light Heavyweight division, Forrest Griffin.

On the night of the finale, he won a unanimous decision against Bobby Southworth. Southworth was considered to be the best light heavy weight on the show by Chuck LIddell, Rnady Couture,and Dana White, due to his Pre fighting experience he had at the time. During the show Bobby tried to create a hostile envirnment by spreading rumors and commenting on Sam's body in a homo erotic way. Sam kept it business through out the show and Punished Bobby one minute for every week they were on the show together. After his performance on the finale, he was signed to a UFC contract and is a legitamately tough contender for anyone. He doges no one and fights the best.

Since the season one finale he has participated in several UFC events. In his first fight since the show's conclusion, at Ultimate Fight Night he faced Stephan Bonnar and lost by questionable decision. He later faced Jeff Newton at UFC 56, winning the match by submitting Newton with a rear naked choke. In his next match at Ultimate Fight Night 4, he lost to The Ultimate Fighter season two competitor Rashad Evans in another questionable desicon split decision.

Sam Hoger is has now opened and is Running Miletich Fighting Systems Houston, which is quickly becomeing one of the power houses of MMA in Houston. [www.mfshou.com] . [/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2088 posts
20 upvotes
Wow he seems to write really high on himself on wiki.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1208 posts
110 upvotes
Burlington
So much for the main event at UFC 79.

Serra is injured - and out of the fight.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808

This is a horrible situation for the UFC to have the title fight for their biggest PPV of the year postponed. It will be interesting to see if they try and put together a fight, or move another fight to make up for this.

I'd like to see BJ Penn & Joe Stevenson bumped from UFC 80 to this card.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
1277 posts
51 upvotes
Screwball wrote: So much for the main event at UFC 79.

Serra is injured - and out of the fight.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808

This is a horrible situation for the UFC to have the title fight for their biggest PPV of the year postponed. It will be interesting to see if they try and put together a fight, or move another fight to make up for this.

I'd like to see BJ Penn & Joe Stevenson bumped from UFC 80 to this card.
That really really sucks. Matt Serra may end up being the longest reigning champ without having to defend his belt! And GSP fans have to wait even longer to see him back in action?!? That's BS... I say Dana just pit Hughes vs. GSP (I hope GSP has been keeping in shape since his last fight. If not, it won't take much to get him motivated to fight Hughes again) and they fight for the interim belt. The welterweight division is one of the most exciting in the UFC and they can't afford to delay a championship fight even longer than they already have. Guys like Fitch and Parisiyan deserve a title shot soon too.
May 25, 2006
152 posts
According to Matt Hughes on his home page, he will face GSP. This UFC card just got INSANE!

I see GSP picking him apart once again.

WAR GSP!
May 25, 2006
152 posts
It is now official on UFC.com.

What a great way to end the year!
May 18, 2006
718 posts
19 upvotes
Woodbridge
Woohoo...that is a great substitute.

I think GSP will also win, I think he got Matt Hughes number.
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Bakala wrote: According to Matt Hughes on his home page, he will face GSP. This UFC card just got INSANE!

I see GSP picking him apart once again.

WAR GSP!
Wow that is crazY!@
For Sale:

HEATWARE

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)