• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 12:42 pm
Tags:
Jul 6, 2009
306 posts
27 upvotes
Jon Jones got popped for steroids.
Biggest waste of talent ever?
Used to be by favourite fighter up until like 3 years ago or so.
Oct 19, 2014
756 posts
106 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Unbelievable man, so disappointed. Now i'm beginning to doubt all his pre-USADA record as well. For all we know he was on roids when he 'beat' Gustafsson as well.
Last edited by Get-a-fix on Aug 22nd, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16623 posts
1038 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Jim Lahey wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 8:49 pm
Jon Jones got popped for steroids.
Biggest waste of talent ever?
Used to be by favourite fighter up until like 3 years ago or so.
Pretty much. Just imagine how much money he's left on the table because of this. Perhaps him and Brock can fight in Japan. They're still allowed steroids in Japan right?
Jul 6, 2009
306 posts
27 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 10:23 pm
Pretty much. Just imagine how much money he's left on the table because of this. Perhaps him and Brock can fight in Japan. They're still allowed steroids in Japan right?
Steroids all good in Japan. Lesnar vs Jones in RIZIN.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1268 posts
190 upvotes
This guy is such a waste of potential. I gotta wonder if he's been doping all this time.

No bones about it, DC is the true champ.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4859 posts
730 upvotes
So...dat Jessica Andrade mauling of Claudia Gadelha who is extremely tough. Should watch if you haven't yet seen...

I'm a smidge taller than Andrade but she's so damn strong. I've got strong envy

She could probably throw me around like a paper plate.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4859 posts
730 upvotes
Aw. UFC 216 has a great card, but it's quiet. I feel like I'm just talking to myself in this thread like a loser. :(
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2029 posts
255 upvotes
They're only starting now to hype up mighty mouse. Lets see who they set him up to fight next... I am guessing he moves up to 135lb and fight winner of Cody Vs TJ. More interesting is will Connor fight the interim champ to unify the belt? I think the diaz fight will always be there no matter what happens to Connor. The UFC shouldn't have to worry about that fight losing it's interest among fans, should save that ace for later and make Conor fight the interim champ.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4859 posts
730 upvotes
coilz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:34 am
They're only starting now to hype up mighty mouse. Lets see who they set him up to fight next... I am guessing he moves up to 135lb and fight winner of Cody Vs TJ.
It would be interesting, but he has lost at bantamweight before, so who knows.

DJ's an amazing athlete--and smart--but I have to admit, Flyweight has an element of "watching the circus" seeing such little guys scramble around. He probably would have already been a huge star already if he were in the 145-lb or higher weight classes.
coilz wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:34 am
More interesting is will Connor fight the interim champ to unify the belt? I think the diaz fight will always be there no matter what happens to Connor. The UFC shouldn't have to worry about that fight losing it's interest among fans, should save that ace for later and make Conor fight the interim champ.
I would also prefer if he fought Tony Ferguson to unify the Lightweight division.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16623 posts
1038 upvotes
Niagara Falls
It's a damn crime that his card was billed as Ferguson vs Lee and not Johnson vs Borg. Such an amazing match and for the first time in a long time I was in awe of a finish. That was insane what he was able to do.
Sep 23, 2011
296 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
The next fight should be Conor vs. Ferguson to unify the title. Dana says that is what the UFC wants. However- Dana will change his mind in a second. It is all about the dollars, so i can see the UFC telling Ferguson to wait a bit, and face the winner of Conor vs. Diaz 3.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2135 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
willyxjai wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 9:54 pm
Mark Hunt wasn't having it when he was pulled from the fight next month in Sydney,
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10/10/ ... main-event
Hunt and Dana are like oil and water; he's suing the UFC for them letting Brock fight him while juiced. Can't blame him, but then, can't also blame Dana for not taking a chance on Mark's health - the guy definitely has scrambled eggs upstairs and Dana doesn't want to have to deal with someone dying in the Octagon in a main event.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1916 posts
99 upvotes
Mark Hunt has issues. He knew what he was getting into signing up to fight Brock. That fight was announced less than 2 months before UFC 200.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Jun 12, 2017
71 posts
58 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:32 pm
It's a damn crime that his card was billed as Ferguson vs Lee and not Johnson vs Borg. Such an amazing match and for the first time in a long time I was in awe of a finish. That was insane what he was able to do.
No crime there. That fight was boring as hell except for the last 10 seconds. Lee and Ferguson was a real nail bitter and there was real imminent danger in that fight (talking about the staph infection). A staph infection = antibiotic treatment for several weeks and depending of the strain, a combo of oral and intravenous abx such as ceftriaxone or the dreaded vancomycin. God UFC is boring as hell. I like the fact they are scaling back on wrestling and promoting more boxing and striking but so far UFC has nothing on boxing. We are having the best boxing year in at least a decade.

That being said, be sure I will cheering for the local guy in UFC 217.