Sports & Recreation

The Official UFC & MMA thread: UFC 218: Holloway vs. Edgar - Dec 2nd

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 12:42 pm
Tags:
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2003
573 posts
29 upvotes
GSP says this is the best version of him we're going to see on Saturday. Bisping says he's going to knock GSP out and send him back into retirement. Are we really going to see a different GSP then the one we had seen before he retired? I really hope he goes for the win in this fight and doesn't try to win by decision. On the other hand Bisping is a much bigger fighter and does have the power to knock GSP out. I'll obviously be pulling for GSP to win but my gut tells me to bet on Bisping. Thoughts?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 18, 2005
16618 posts
1035 upvotes
Niagara Falls
kingpounds2002 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:36 am
GSP says this is the best version of him we're going to see on Saturday. Bisping says he's going to knock GSP out and send him back into retirement. Are we really going to see a different GSP then the one we had seen before he retired? I really hope he goes for the win in this fight and doesn't try to win by decision. On the other hand Bisping is a much bigger fighter and does have the power to knock GSP out. I'll obviously be pulling for GSP to win but my gut tells me to bet on Bisping. Thoughts?
I'm hoping to see a lot more kicks from GSP to keep the distance. I'm just not sure what else he's going to be able to do against Bisping. I just don't see GSP having the power to do real damage a weight class up, he might even have issues keeping the larger guys on the mat if he takes them down. Either way, I'm going to be way too lazy to stay up that late. Getting too old for this.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 18, 2005
16618 posts
1035 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ApeShmtCrazy wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 8:02 pm
No crime there. That fight was boring as hell except for the last 10 seconds. Lee and Ferguson was a real nail bitter and there was real imminent danger in that fight (talking about the staph infection). A staph infection = antibiotic treatment for several weeks and depending of the strain, a combo of oral and intravenous abx such as ceftriaxone or the dreaded vancomycin. God UFC is boring as hell. I like the fact they are scaling back on wrestling and promoting more boxing and striking but so far UFC has nothing on boxing. We are having the best boxing year in at least a decade.

That being said, be sure I will cheering for the local guy in UFC 217.
I disagree, but smeh.
IMO Search Results Demetrious Johnson is the most well rounded fighter the UFC has and the guy deserves more respect from the UFC imo. Sucks for him that he's so small and so many people don't care about the small guys but he is so incredibly skilled.
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 12, 2017
71 posts
58 upvotes
Montreal (QC)
Evil Baby wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 11:05 am
I disagree, but smeh.
IMO Search Results Demetrious Johnson is the most well rounded fighter the UFC has and the guy deserves more respect from the UFC imo. Sucks for him that he's so small and so many people don't care about the small guys but he is so incredibly skilled.
He might be but both fighters spent most of the fight on the ground holding each other. That submission was impressive and I agree he's highly skilled but it doesn't change the fact they were cuddling for 20 minutes. I just like boxing better because the fighters are a lot faster and stronger. Like I said, we are having an exceptional boxing year with now BJS vs Lemieux, Loma vs Rigo, Kovalev vs Barrera...just a great year so UFC is taking the backseat this year for me. The weak display of Conor against Floyd also doesn't help. It seems UFC is more loud mouths than fighters. It's becoming a little like the WWE.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
36663 posts
2532 upvotes
Toronto
kingpounds2002 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:36 am
GSP says this is the best version of him we're going to see on Saturday. Bisping says he's going to knock GSP out and send him back into retirement. Are we really going to see a different GSP then the one we had seen before he retired? I really hope he goes for the win in this fight and doesn't try to win by decision. On the other hand Bisping is a much bigger fighter and does have the power to knock GSP out. I'll obviously be pulling for GSP to win but my gut tells me to bet on Bisping. Thoughts?
If his last fight is any indication... im afraid he might lose this one as much as i like the guy.

He got beat up pretty bad!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
4846 posts
722 upvotes
Rooting for:
- Bisping (I don't like GSP cutting in line after a layoff to challenge for Middleweight belt and he shoulda lost Welterweight belt to Hendricks); having said that, if GSP does win I will be impressed. Bisping is not as bad of a fighter as people are making him out to be.
- Garbrandt, but I think Dillashaw will win by being a better all-around fighter. I'm most excited for this fight.
- Namajunas although she's a long shot and JJ is a heavy favorite.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
9555 posts
1241 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 8:26 pm
If his last fight is any indication... im afraid he might lose this one as much as i like the guy.

He got beat up pretty bad!
That's because he was fighting a guy who was roided up like mad. It's no wonder after the new testing rules, Johnny 'Big Rig' Hendricks is just another schumck who can barely meet weight, looks flabby, and has lost alot of his power.

In fact, all those fighters that seemed invincible these past years before 2015 and how great the UFC was, was just an illusion. That's why the fights have sucked nowadays and nobody remembers anything, no new stars, etc., (except for McGregor who appears to be a legit badass). GSP was one of, if not the only top guy who was clean the whole time. that's why it seemed like GSP couldn't be as dominant as before as more and more guys were on it. He has been vindicated for leaving when he did for that reason, as well, it is known known everybody was juicing up to the max.

Joe Rogan on how MMA was a steroid pandemic.
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/ufc-commen ... d-epidemic
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
36663 posts
2532 upvotes
Toronto
at1212b wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:34 am
That's because he was fighting a guy who was roided up like mad. It's no wonder after the new testing rules, Johnny 'Big Rig' Hendricks is just another schumck who can barely meet weight, looks flabby, and has lost alot of his power.

In fact, all those fighters that seemed invincible these past years before 2015 and how great the UFC was, was just an illusion. That's why the fights have sucked nowadays and nobody remembers anything, no new stars, etc., (except for McGregor who appears to be a legit badass). GSP was one of, if not the only top guy who was clean the whole time. that's why it seemed like GSP couldn't be as dominant as before as more and more guys were on it. He has been vindicated for leaving when he did for that reason, as well, it is known known everybody was juicing up to the max.

Joe Rogan on how MMA was a steroid pandemic.
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/ufc-commen ... d-epidemic
I googled it. Seems like gsp also had accusations of ped use due to the way the situatiom was handled.
He was just able to cover it up better.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
4846 posts
722 upvotes
Anyone have a good Acestream? currently on Brown / Gall.

Update: buffstream's acestream is working now :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
4846 posts
722 upvotes
Pretty hilarious that "Big Rig" made weigh-ins at Middleweight. I heard he just eked by. Costa is huge...I'm a bit worried for Hendricks.

I'm excited for this main card!
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2004
528 posts
72 upvotes
Was the the same Hendricks that fight GSP a few years ago, man he was awful.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
4846 posts
722 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 10:54 pm
Was the the same Hendricks that fight GSP a few years ago, man he was awful.
He's had more steaks since then...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
4846 posts
722 upvotes
ROOOSE muthathuggin NAMAJUNAS!!!! Brilliant...right on the jaw...

I'm SO happy for her...not because JJ isn't a wonderful, deserving champ...but Rose is just such an amazing person. Smiling Face With Open Mouth <3
Last edited by peanutz on Nov 4th, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2011
4846 posts
722 upvotes
Cody NoLove is so fun to watch... first round done!

Top