The Official UFC & MMA thread: UFC 218: Holloway vs. Edgar - Dec 2nd

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2017 12:42 pm
Tags:
Oct 19, 2014
758 posts
106 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
What a killer card, loved it! I was saying before the fight that J.J had been acting the exact same way Ronda did before she got knocked out by Holly Holm, and how it would be funny if the same thing happened to her! So happy she got a piece of that humble pie. Didn't expect TJ to get the knockout either. Great fights all round, the bar i was at was packed and went nuts when GSP got the finish.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
peanutz wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 9:13 pm
Rooting for:
- Bisping (I don't like GSP cutting in line after a layoff to challenge for Middleweight belt and he shoulda lost Welterweight belt to Hendricks); having said that, if GSP does win I will be impressed. Bisping is not as bad of a fighter as people are making him out to be.
- Garbrandt, but I think Dillashaw will win by being a better all-around fighter. I'm most excited for this fight.
- Namajunas although she's a long shot and JJ is a heavy favorite.
Great predictions I hope you laid a bet?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4860 posts
735 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 2:09 pm
Great predictions I hope you laid a bet?
No, but I wish I had. The odds were crazy against Rose. I just don't do any sports betting.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 3:35 pm
Great to see GSP win last night.

Would love to see GSP vs McGregor.
Great to see George win. I can guarantee Dana was hoping for a GSP win. He needs some Canadian star power. Since GSP took 4 years off and Rory Macdonald left we really don't have a star now we do.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
Did anybody else pick up on GSP saying he`s glad he doesn't have to fight Bisping again. Then Bisping gets on the microphone and it sounded like he had a retirement speech rehearsed and after GSP said what he said he changed his mind figuring he could get one more paycheck again before he retired. Good logic he wont face GSP again and he could negotiate his next fight.
Thoughts?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2378 posts
174 upvotes
Brampton
antigua1999 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:04 pm
Did anybody else pick up on GSP saying he`s glad he doesn't have to fight Bisping again. Then Bisping gets on the microphone and it sounded like he had a retirement speech rehearsed and after GSP said what he said he changed his mind figuring he could get one more paycheck again before he retired. Good logic he wont face GSP again and he could negotiate his next fight.
Thoughts?
Might be ring rust but I don't like GSP at middle weight. I think of the other top contenders in that division could easily take that title away from him.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4860 posts
735 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:04 pm
Thoughts?
toeknee89 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 7:15 pm

Might be ring rust but I don't like GSP at middle weight. I think of the other top contenders in that division could easily take that title away from him.
Not sure about what Bisping wants to do, but it sounded like GSP knows he's too big/heavy at Middleweight, and wanted to go back down to Welterweight again. But I believe there was a reference to a contract obligating GSP to defend Middleweight at least once, and Dana White announced a Whittaker matchup.

I know a lot of fans hate watching Woodley, but I'd prefer a Woodley vs. GSP at Welterweight. I'd be interested in how both of them handle each other.

For Strawweight: Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade, please. Joanna's deserved her great run, but she lost here convincingly; it wasn't particularly close or flukey. JJ could fight the winner of Torres vs. Waterson first while Namajunas/Andrade happens.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5625 posts
755 upvotes
Mississauga
peanutz wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 8:31 pm
Not sure about what Bisping wants to do, but it sounded like GSP knows he's too big/heavy at Middleweight, and wanted to go back down to Welterweight again. But I believe there was a reference to a contract obligating GSP to defend Middleweight at least once, and Dana White announced a Whittaker matchup.

I know a lot of fans hate watching Woodley, but I'd prefer a Woodley vs. GSP at Welterweight. I'd be interested in how both of them handle each other.

For Strawweight: Rose Namajunas vs. Jessica Andrade, please. Joanna's deserved her great run, but she lost here convincingly; it wasn't particularly close or flukey. JJ could fight the winner of Torres vs. Waterson first while Namajunas/Andrade happens.
GSP is definitely heading back to his old division. Its what makes the most sense for the UFC. GSP said in his speech after winning he wanted to end somebody's winning streak.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
1916 posts
99 upvotes
best card in a while. Was at BP and the place was nuts. GSP was definitely slowing down in the third, gutsy performance. I think Whitaker has a good shot against GSP though. Tougher fight than Bisping imo
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4308 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
Betted on Costa, Wonder Boy, St Preux, and GSP :)

Thank goodness I didn't bet on JJ or Cody.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2778 posts
242 upvotes
gsp vs woodley would be a good one. Make it happen Dana!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9245 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
So happy to see GSP get the win....i was worried he was gassed right before he landed the left hand.

GSP gets Whittaker next...they are similar in size.

I can't see GSP winning against the big MW's like Romero or Rockhold.

Hopefully GSP beats Whittaker then goes back to WW, or better yet, to a catchweight to fight Conor.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2378 posts
174 upvotes
Brampton
Swerny wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:27 am
So happy to see GSP get the win....i was worried he was gassed right before he landed the left hand.

GSP gets Whittaker next...they are similar in size.

I can't see GSP winning against the big MW's like Romero or Rockhold.

Hopefully GSP beats Whittaker then goes back to WW, or better yet, to a catchweight to fight Conor.
GSP would kill Conor. He had issues with a low rank WW in Nate. Wouldn't stand a chance against the GOAT WW.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16624 posts
1039 upvotes
Niagara Falls
toeknee89 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:20 pm
GSP would kill Conor. He had issues with a low rank WW in Nate. Wouldn't stand a chance against the GOAT WW.
Not to mention, Connor's largest weakness is wresting/BJJ, especially wrestlers that know timing and standup. However, Connor does like the payday and a fight against GSP is probably his largest payday in the UFC.