The Official UFC & MMA thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2024 8:24 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
actyper wrote: Leben is fighting instead after a 2 week layoff!
maybe

Sexyama said he might not take the fight

and I don't blame him if he doesn't. he gains nothing from the fight
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3426 posts
80 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Jardine cut from UFC

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/24/l ... ecent-loss

do we have a new Strikeforce LHW champ soon?
I totally hope Jardine goes to Strikeforce. He is still a good fighter and a big name. Strikeforce would be happy to have him and win or lose he always puts on an awesome show!
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1511 posts
31 upvotes
Mike71 wrote: I totally hope Jardine goes to Strikeforce. He is still a good fighter and a big name. Strikeforce would be happy to have him and win or lose he always puts on an awesome show!

good fighter?
-lost 5 of his last 6
-last big win was against our favourite fighter, one-dimensional-Chuck

awesome show?
-losing to Staph-infected Hamill?
-losing to Bader in 3
-losing to Silva in Rd1

Good riddance, get rid of this guy from the 205 division. He hasn't been in the mix for like 2 years.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1511 posts
31 upvotes
Krakilin0405 wrote: Who cares, Afraidor is thinking of retiring after 2 more fights anyway... so hopefully his name will be removed from the best pound-for-pound ranking listing after that.

Yes, I've never seen any UFC fighter troll that much before... he's definitely going to lose, but the fans are behind him. So hopefully AS will just knock this guy out quick and move on to the next person...
As much as I'd like to see Sonnen win, I think it's going to be another
AS vs. Forrest Griffin type of result
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
hmm
interesting move by the UFC here

they changed the lineup of the 116 prelims

Grove vs Relic has been moved down to an unaired spot and Petruzelli vs Romero has been added to the spike card

can't say I quite understand the move but I'm glad I'm gonna get to watch the kimbo killer at least
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
4070 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
Viper98 wrote: hmm
interesting move by the UFC here

they changed the lineup of the 116 prelims

Grove vs Relic has been moved down to an unaired spot and Petruzelli vs Romero has been added to the spike card

can't say I quite understand the move but I'm glad I'm gonna get to watch the kimbo killer at least
Kendall Grove wrote: "Spike TV pretty much runs everything on The Ultimate Fighter. They could be sub-leasing the UFC name, but I'm sure Dana and the UFC are getting a nice little pay check from Spike but other than that, Spike runs the thing. Dana doesn't choose who's going to be on the show, it's Spike executives."

"Even when I was on there in the earlier seasons, they were picking a couple guys with funny personalities. I'm pretty sure I got on there not because of my good looks, but because I had a pretty good personality."

"Everything is ratings to these guys. Just like that season where they shot [expletive] inside the fruit...people do that stuff. Why? Because of ratings. Is it a health violation? Yeah, but did you see the Spike TV people stop that from happening? It sells ratings and that's all they care about. They could give two [expletives] about our career."

"They just care about the six-weeks that they're shooting and get as much drama and stupidity out of us. That's all we are to them is cattle and sheep. They way they run things, they're slowly controlling us to be like that."
That would be why he is being replaced on the prelim show. Too bad, I don't mind either fight though.
Jun 30, 2009
841 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
FullMetall wrote: Anyone know of any GTA bars showing the fight?
My brother called around and couldn't find any. One bar told him to order Showtime from Rogers for $15 a month then cancel it the next day.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
Just stream it guys, its not even worth going out to watch.
4 fights, 2 of which will be complete domination (cyborg + thomson).
Only fight im really excited for is to see if cung le actually finishes the fight this time, instead of being stupid and getting ko'ed.

Fedor will smash werdum, i dont see any way werdum wins, unless he's able to get mount on fedor and drop bombs, but that is very difficult to do.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
You can't order showtime in Canada.

It airs on SuperChannel here on Canada, I'm watching on rogers HD channel SCHD2

W A R Fedor!!!

And of course its worth going out to watch it, are you nuts.. I'm having a house full of people over
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1049 posts
57 upvotes
Hamilton
I don't subscribe to super channel, but for some reason I have been getting Super Channel HD 2 for the past month or so for free, every other super channel (HD, SD) is locked out. So I guess I wont have to watch the Fedor fight from an online stream. :D
Sep 19, 2007
693 posts
200 upvotes
Anyone know of any bars in Markham playing this?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
JESUS

Cyborg is a beast

but Jan Finney is tough as hell.... people need to watch that and see what heart is
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1049 posts
57 upvotes
Hamilton
That woman's fight was an absolute brawl, I was surprised it didn't get stopped in the first round. Kind of feel sorry for the blonde girl she looked like she pretty much quit in the first round.
Sep 10, 2004
687 posts
36 upvotes
Damn those kicks by Cung Lee must be hard :o
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
Love Cung Le, he's soooo freakin awesome!

My favourite MMA fighter!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)