[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11564 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:06 pm
What time is the snow storm starting tmr?
I just see flurries swinging through overnight tonight. But not much to take note of really.

There is a possibility that the worst of this year's cold may already be behind us when in fact it should normally be all still ahead of us. This is because it looks like a warm spell will likely occupy what is normally the coldest part of winter.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7869 posts
1120 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:40 pm
I just see flurries swinging through overnight tonight. But not much to take note of really.

There is a possibility that the worst of this year's cold may already be behind us when in fact it should normally be all still ahead of us. This is because it looks like a warm spell will likely occupy what is normally the coldest part of winter.
If they shut down a few sweatshops in China for Chinese New Year(wishful thinking off course), maybe the pacific will cool down a bit and the Jet stream will behave normally, ie not venture so far into the arctic to destabilize the Polar Vortex.
I do believe however that recent experiences have a divine component and a revelation of all things to come in the World. Not just weatherwise and not doomsday either.
Look how the egotistical man who always seems in control was at the mercy of Mother Nature the last couple weeks and was limited in what he could do.Hmmm.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4013 posts
862 upvotes
Sask.
How bizarre! It's zero now in Saskatoon, gotta dig out a Bikini!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11564 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
natalka wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:08 pm
How bizarre! It's zero now in Saskatoon, gotta dig out a Bikini!
I don't see it getting overly cold there for a while so get used to not so frigid conditions ahead.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3712 posts
1323 upvotes
Mississauga
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:40 pm
EC is calling for 5 cm around here. Not a lot but enough to make the morning commute/first day back to school a nightmare...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4013 posts
862 upvotes
Sask.
jane, starting Tuesday night, we're back in the -20s, for a few days anyway.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11564 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
natalka wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 7:03 pm
jane, starting Tuesday night, we're back in the -20s, for a few days anyway.
At least nights are only up to 4 degrees below normal. So not too bad I think. Bad for non-prairie people though lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1866 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto, ON
All these years freezing my fingers off inside my car for no reason, I never realized you could buy aftermarket remote starters for so cheap. The last couple of night shifts have definitely left an impression, going to see if I can install one myself.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7420 posts
4854 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
nabiul wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 10:35 pm
All these years freezing my fingers off inside my car for no reason, I never realized you could buy aftermarket remote starters for so cheap. The last couple of night shifts have definitely left an impression, going to see if I can install one myself.
Lol, oh my god yes.
Cannot live without a remote start if you are anywhere but Ontario’s Banana Belt.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20020 posts
3941 upvotes
Poormond Hill
What a dramatic change in weather in just 24 hours. Yesterday morning it was only -16°, now a mere -2°.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1946 posts
332 upvotes
It might be a bit early, but as of now TWN is saying 10-15cms of snow on Friday and an additional 5cm on Saturday (or 20cms in total essentially)...does it look likely?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20020 posts
3941 upvotes
Poormond Hill
winner2000 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:13 am
It might be a bit early, but as of now TWN is saying 10-15cms of snow on Friday and an additional 5cm on Saturday (or 20cms in total essentially)...does it look likely?
ImageImageImage
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11564 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
winner2000 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:13 am
I see something like that on the GFS now. But have to wait to see if it is still there as we get closer as this stuff just changes too much.
blahhh