Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 10:13 am
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1049 posts
183 upvotes
thanks for that HK thunderstorm. it didn't make up for the rain we were supposed to receive but it helped a little. these days it is a polar vortex in winter and heat domes in summer. I hear we might get a break on the high temps for a few days next week.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2064 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Okay where is this 'massive' amount of rain??? It rained a bit overnight and a little this morning, other than that its been sunny all day at my house. What a joke I could have made it rain more by poring out a bottle of water. How do these weather forecasters maintain employment when they are so wrong all the time, any other job and you would be booted out the door in seconds with this level of incompetence.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote:
Aug 16th, 2016 9:03 am
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Aug 16th, 2016 7:47 am
Anyone that wants their house to be standing after several snowstorms, please don't forget to take off some of the snow!

Nice try. Clearly you can see the house was under demolition before the snow fell.
Google image search sucks!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
If the weather is not good for it, why can't they just move it to another date? And make sure it is high pressure, and maybe east winds for god sake! Maybe next time if they check the weather and act accordingly, they won't end up in Canada!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/f ... -1.3730792

EDIT: btw, yes it is still running above normal for the next while. Every day is forecasted to be above the norm. Every model has some above normal in the area also.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20264 posts
4211 upvotes
Poormond Hill
I can feel winter is slowly approaching and it absolutely feels great!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
As if a hot June a hot July and a hot August weren't enough......
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2064 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Ok now that we are headed into September I would like to see some cooler temps, not freezing but cooler fall temps. I am sick of running the AC, which is also sick of running, looks like the fan on our furnace went kaput on Sunday night I have to wait until Friday before I can even get a tech out to diagnose the problem, so its sweat city in the house during the day until this gets fixed. Plus I would like my hydro bill to go back to a more reasonable amount.

Its pumpkin spice season now, but not with this weather. Forecast today will be especially brutal, the news is saying its already 100% humidity at 8am, its going to be disgusting outside today, like a swamp with the humidity.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1089 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
Yup. Looks like one half-decent day (Friday) and then BAM! Back to miserable hot'n'humid for at least a week and a half... lows over 20! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20264 posts
4211 upvotes
Poormond Hill
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 9:19 am
Yup. Looks like one half-decent day (Friday) and then BAM! Back to miserable hot'n'humid for at least a week and a half... lows over 20! Face With Tears Of Joy
Lows over 20? Why must you be a bringer of bad news?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1089 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
sandikosh wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 9:55 am
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 9:19 am
Lows over 20? Why must you be a bringer of bad news?
Please don't shoot the messenger. You know me: lows of 10 and highs of 17 would be perfect right now! :D

It's nearly September (the second-best month of the year after October! Smiling Face With Sunglasses) so I want September weather, damnit!!! Smiling Face With Horns
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
You're gettin' July weather damnit!!! Smiling Face With Horns

EDIT: sandikosh must wanna shoot me now for this LOL
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5617 posts
730 upvotes
Scarborough
bring on moarrr heattt loving this weather hope it stays until May !!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20264 posts
4211 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 6:17 pm
You're gettin' July weather damnit!!! Smiling Face With Horns

EDIT: sandikosh must wanna shoot me now for this LOL
Waiting for you in High Park:-)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
357 upvotes
transitguy1 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 7:04 pm
bring on moarrr heattt loving this weather hope it stays until May !!
Yep, me too