Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 12:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5511 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Is there going to be significant snow in upcoming weeks, should I bring out my winter shoes?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Good luck to everyone that has to deal with shoveling Mount Everest off of their driveway. I'm looking outside and seeing the workers clear the snow from my condo complex

#yeahimlazy
#condolyfe
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 10:05 pm
Just finished getting wasted. Now back to the GFS model.
We are talking like 5 cm.
djemzine wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 9:04 am
Had about 4-5cm? Was difficult to use shovel. Used and cleaned it up within 15-20 mins.
Looks like another spot on prediction by jane and finch.
Look even getting wasted does not deteriorate the accuracy of my forecasts LOL
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 11:59 am
Is there going to be significant snow in upcoming weeks, should I bring out my winter shoes?
Looks like this what we have seen lately is mostly it for awhile. Keep them in hiding for a while. Wont need them in Toronto.
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 10:57 am
10000 Dirhams is about US$2700! He should be getting more! And op of weather thread.

Anyway. Lots of snow to shovel. But that is ok. The grounds should still be white for Xmas day.
Lol 16000 dirhams then! Thats it!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3329 posts
179 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
it wasn't that bad on the roads today,city of works did a decent job.Still seen idiots not clearing snow off their cars or riding and sliding around on all seasons.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39586 posts
5855 upvotes
King City
Started to rain here - but damn city hasn't cleaned our street. They just flatten it. They don't do a great job, like to the point you can see asphalt.

I think the Ontario Liberal govt should focus on laws such as:

1) Making winter tires a must in Ontario - like in Quebec I think. Can't drive with all seasons or summers = fine/ticket, impound, etc.

2) All vehicles must have snow completely removed - roof, windshields (front/rear), sides, etc. License plates, and headlights/tail lights should be visible.

These are worth focusing on compared to introducing other BS and nonsense.
Proud to be an Indian.
3412 posts
354 upvotes
You are lucky to get rain, we are getting freezing rain :(
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21086 posts
10548 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just went to take the dog out and wish I packed my skates instead.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20297 posts
4277 upvotes
Poormond Hill
djemzine wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 4:25 pm
Started to rain here - but damn city hasn't cleaned our street. They just flatten it. They don't do a great job, like to the point you can see asphalt.

I think the Ontario Liberal govt should focus on laws such as:

1) Making winter tires a must in Ontario - like in Quebec I think. Can't drive with all seasons or summers = fine/ticket, impound, etc.

2) All vehicles must have snow completely removed - roof, windshields (front/rear), sides, etc. License plates, and headlights/tail lights should be visible.

These are worth focusing on compared to introducing other BS and nonsense.
Sure. So many dark colored cars today have a plate cover almost matching the body color. Almost impossible to see unless your standing next to it.

Was coming back from Keswick yesterday afternoon on the 404, around 4 pm as I reached Aurora Road, rain that was falling began to form ice on the windshield. Some cars, with their snow tires, were speeding in those conditions. Driver attitudes have to change. Snow tires do not make you invincible.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20297 posts
4277 upvotes
Poormond Hill
nasa25 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 8:35 pm
Just went to take the dog out and wish I packed my skates instead.
Why? You had to be dragged?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
daivey wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 4:52 pm
so more snow coming?
Once this system pulls out, it looks like mild and lack of new snow for quite some time.
blahhh
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12127 posts
1809 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Severe Weather Alerts - Toronto, Ontario

Freezing Drizzle Advisory
Freezing Drizzle Advisory in effect until 8:12 AM EST. Source: Environment Canada

Areas of freezing drizzle, mixed at times with light snow or ice pellets, are expected to continue until early Sunday morning.

###

Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Freezing drizzle can produce thin, hard-to-detect layers of ice.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #ONStorm.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3329 posts
179 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
downtown is like a skating rink....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5686 posts
756 upvotes
Scarborough
hope it all melts away, there's too much snow on roadways to the point that right lane is half covered in snow at many places making it un-usable

when is the mild warmup ??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)