Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4104 posts
911 upvotes
Sask.
What a turn of events! It's -2, compared to the -30s of last week, it's bikini weather!

It's going to be this mild until Friday night.
Unfortunately, not much snow. It's just barely white outside.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9681 posts
2336 upvotes
+4 in Edmonton and 1-2 CM of snow on the ground, thats amazing for Dec 19th.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Just a little update. Looks like my warmup IS materializing. All my models say warmer conditions right through the long range. The warmup is pretty much right in time for the official start to winter as I predicted. We appear to be on track for that milder winter discussed in that winter forecast I posted. Seems to be coming true.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21126 posts
10569 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Mother Nature pls bring us balmy +5 to +10 daytime highs from now until mid march. Just enough that I only have to wear Canada Goose tei4.9

Love,

Nasa25
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5697 posts
762 upvotes
Scarborough
milder winter is better than cold snowy winter!
glad its getting mild out there, hate the wind chills
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20338 posts
4299 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Today is a Great Day and also a Very Sad Day.

It is great Winter has started. Looking forward to some wonderful weather.

Also a Sad Day because it is the shortest day of the year. Days will become longer.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5697 posts
762 upvotes
Scarborough
sandikosh wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 1:05 pm
Today is a Great Day and also a Very Sad Day.

It is great Winter has started. Looking forward to some wonderful weather.

Also a Sad Day because it is the shortest day of the year. Days will become longer.
to ensure a good night sleep, perhaps you can start going to bed earlier by few mins each day :lol:
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20338 posts
4299 upvotes
Poormond Hill
apnayloags wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 1:07 pm
to ensure a good night sleep, perhaps you can start going to bed earlier by few mins each day :lol:
I think I will get one of these:
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3957 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 11:40 am
Just a little update. Looks like my warmup IS materializing. All my models say warmer conditions right through the long range. The warmup is pretty much right in time for the official start to winter as I predicted. We appear to be on track for that milder winter discussed in that winter forecast I posted. Seems to be coming true.
Yo it's snowing boss man y u gotta lie
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39717 posts
5908 upvotes
King City
How many cm of snow? 2cm?
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 25, 2005
2196 posts
120 upvotes
Don't got my winter tires just yet, just drove on the 407 around Mississauga cars spinning out left and right. Definitely the worst type of snow to drive on.
Software Engineer
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39717 posts
5908 upvotes
King City
jdmkidd wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 11:08 pm
Don't got my winter tires just yet, just drove on the 407 around Mississauga cars spinning out left and right. Definitely the worst type of snow to drive on.
Falling snow?
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I guess I better warn about a new deep freeze now that it is pretty certain to happen now. I see a major cold spell coming for the first half of Jan, but the cool thing about it is that my models say that the GTA will be spared from the bulk of it. The west will get hit by this one while us in Toronto get off scott free.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7495 posts
2558 upvotes
Toronto
Driving back from mtl to Toronto....

Let's hope it will be a good and safe drive....but it seems the roads will not be defrosted fast enough by the morning...
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5697 posts
762 upvotes
Scarborough
stay safe and slow down....

Hopefully we avoid snow for next few days cuz its finally cleared with all that rain from monday

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)