Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
The heavy stuff shows for Barrie, points north. So we are far from all the action. Any time you hear about lake effect snow, we are out of it except in exceptional circumstances. Meanwhile a warmup is on the way for us in southern Ontario.

New update: After a successful long range forecast where I predicted that Toronto misses out on the bulk of the cold spell affecting the west, I am ready to change to the next status with seeing a warmup in the long range. That forecast I recorded on Nov 1 is starting to turn out a success. The roughly average to above average temps have taken hold and January is showing signs of relatively mild conditions overall.

Each January has the tendency to have some minus double digit highs, ranging from just 1 of such days in the warmest of years to several in cold ones. So far I dont even see any yet. So it looks like we are getting off really easy this year.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5697 posts
762 upvotes
Scarborough
well its a cold windshill out there this evening.....pretty cold........
But it's good that there's no more snow coming(yet). Keep roads clear!
May 30, 2016
50 posts
3 upvotes
I'm over winter. I stopped wearing jacket cause these past few days felt warm. I thought I could tolerate today but it was very windy. I have a cold now.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2629 posts
210 upvotes
Markham
But it's the wind that brings the cold.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5558 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 8:50 am
I don't mind the cold, but the wind - ugh
dec12 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 9:52 am
But it's the wind that brings the cold.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I hope this warmup can hurry up!

After this chill, conditions that prevail later, even if minus one feel rather balmy though. So there is a good side to all of it.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
186 upvotes
for the love of yahweh please be no cloudy days 🤞 been feelin all too shitty with recent lack of vibrant blue, white and orange colors
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11587 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 10:15 pm
for the love of yahweh please be no cloudy days 🤞 been feelin all too shitty with recent lack of vibrant blue, white and orange colors

Longing for those three colors? Go to NYC and marvel at their flag lol
Its only a reasonably short busride away.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
186 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 3:25 pm
Longing for those three colors? Go to NYC and marvel at their flag lol
Its only a reasonably short busride away.
oh for real i think i might have to seriously lol. Canadian winter weather is not my thing and i can seriously notice my mood fluctuating for bad if gets cloudy for too long

Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
435 upvotes
BC
In Global Weather News:

1. Parts of Alberta will see - 40 degrees C this week

2. RECORD lows in Finland -41.7 degrees Celsius and parts of America

3. At least 20 people died in Europe overnight from the cold - temperatures recorded at -30 in Moscow and -14 in Poland
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8413 posts
1368 upvotes
Toronto
Wasn't too bad earlier today but It's cold out now as the winds be picking up and the temps dropping.
Tomorrow gonna be even colder before the windchill.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)