Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 10:25 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11588 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Why do they call it Indian summer?

The weather events it refers to are not nearly as hot. Summer in India? Mid to upper 40s even 50 BEFORE humidex! 'Indian summer' during the fall here? low 30s at best if it happens in September and not even that warm once in October.

I say we change it to "Kenyan summer" At least it is similar!
Don't believe me? Take a look!
http://www.bbc.com/weather/184745
blahhh
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
Was 5C in Calgary yesterday and snowing again overnight.. could use some of that global warming right about now.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7037 posts
2250 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 2:17 pm
Too bad the public outdoor pools are all closed for the year now. September I did more indoor swimming than I did for the entire summer that we had. What an amazing Indian Summer. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Heard on the radio yesterday that the public pools are reopened just for this weekend .
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7037 posts
2250 upvotes
Toronto
What is the forecast looking like for the last weekend of Sept? Please tell me it is nice and hot haha Winking Face
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4143 posts
1652 upvotes
Mississauga
Weather Network is calling for mid-teens around here next weekend. I guess autumn decided to show up afterall!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7037 posts
2250 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 11:56 am
Weather Network is calling for mid-teens around here next weekend. I guess autumn decided to show up afterall!

Sleepy Face
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11588 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 11:43 am
What is the forecast looking like for the last weekend of Sept? Please tell me it is nice and hot haha Winking Face
Nice and hot haha?
Nope it's not haha!

lol

Sorry to be the bear of bad news. Or I should pin the blame on the GFS model!

I was walking into Dundas Square today in my Jamaica flag shirt and someone hollered to me Ta Bom!
lol I think they mistaken the country. That's not Brazil.
Last edited by Ilovejaneandfinch on Sep 23rd, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
blahhh
May 30, 2017
501 posts
158 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
We really need some rain here. I've seen so many fire trucks lately. I hate this heat because I have to walk under little to no shade for half my commute. Plus I love the cold. :/
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11588 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cellnerd wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 12:27 pm
We really need some rain here. I've seen so many fire trucks lately. I hate this heat because I have to walk under little to no shade for half my commute. Plus I love the cold. :/
Don't go that way then. Go Mi way.
Before laughing, please read the fine print.
The images and jokes presented in this post are in no way affiliated with Mississauga transit and do not necessarily promote or endorse the company or slow breaking down bus services promoted herein.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
8090 posts
3149 upvotes
Really hating this weather right now. It's always extreme one side or the other. Have not been handling the humidity too well. Got some swelling and had a massive leg cramp last night.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11588 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
omg feels like Davao here now...
Actually worse. They get like 31, 32, we are getting 33.

Has Toronto ever been like this in autumn before?
Meanwhile Sydney too is under 'unprecedented' heat and they are just getting out of their winter. Global warming I guess.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11588 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
So now guess what? Models are now showing a total return to warmth. The cold spell earlier forecasted now looks brief, before we return to the warm yet again!

If the pattern holds as I am seeing now in the GFS model, expect a return to overall warm and even more muggy 20s next month, much like what this past work week was like.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3264 posts
510 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 11:15 am
So now guess what? Models are now showing a total return to warmth. The cold spell earlier forecasted now looks brief, before we return to the warm yet again!

If the pattern holds as I am seeing now in the GFS model, expect a return to overall warm and even more muggy 20s next month, much like what this past work week was like.
NO!!!!!!!!!!
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17536 posts
1714 upvotes
Space for rent
There must be a lot of fires lately. The air has a stench of chardness. Smells like fires broke out around the city and its permeating the air.