Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I am leaving Toronto later in November to do a new business endeavor. I will leave the comfort of Toronto and unfortunately be exposed right when the cold starts. But I have found people here to be downright ignorant in Toronto and all my hope lies in places like Barrie, Kitchener and Hamilton. I will set off to Barrie, and have a plan to live in every city in Ontario. I think every smaller city in Ontario is better than Toronto. Once my business increases I will end up in Quebec (likely in the middle of the winter) I will be roaming cities like Sherbrooke, Montreal Quebec city and Traw rivierre.

I have a big plan to tour the great lakes basin and St Lawrence river region for the upcoming year. So starting later in November, I will be all over Ontario. The only provinces that I want to get to know are Quebec and Ontario. Too much empty space to traverse in the other provinces. I am excited to see what Quebec is like during the winter.

I will follow this route as I move around Upper and lower Canada:

That map might need to be updated to include North Bay and SudBarrie. Should I go there in the winter? lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Wow Scarborough town centre has outlets beside the chairs in the food court and Eaton centre doesn't have a single one.

What's up with Eaton Centre's lack of thinking?
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2402 posts
865 upvotes
Sunday it was somewhat cool, but I decided to walk out in shorts and sandals today. Understandably, I know it is suppose to warm up later on this week. While commuting on TTC, I couldn't believe how many people I saw already wearing their winter parkas and toques. No joke! I counted a total of 6 or 7 people and I thought it was just not right! LOL Also, the TTC Bloor-Danforth subway Line 2 friggin' had the heat turned on already.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9216 posts
525 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 6:12 pm
Sunday it was somewhat cool, but I decided to walk out in shorts and sandals today. Understandably, I know it is suppose to warm up later on this week. While commuting on TTC, I couldn't believe how many people I saw already wearing their winter parkas and toques. No joke! I counted a total of 6 or 7 people and I thought it was just not right! LOL Also, the TTC Bloor-Danforth subway Line 2 friggin' had the heat turned on already.
Whats wrong with parkas and toques?. Going from a really hot weather to cool can make some people sick. Our bodies are all different.

I would rather have it than not have it. You can always take it off when it gets too hot. I would rather feel right than look right.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I sleep better with chilly temps. They turned on the heat. I hope it stays cool downstairs.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2402 posts
865 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2017 6:48 pm
Whats wrong with parkas and toques?. Going from a really hot weather to cool can make some people sick. Our bodies are all different.

I would rather have it than not have it. You can always take it off when it gets too hot. I would rather feel right than look right.
Last night, it was chilly and very cold for La Nuit Blanche and it was very appropriate to wear a winter parka and toque for evening activities. Today, with the sunshine on a Sunday afternoon it just looked very wrong and stupid wearing winter coats and hats. My 2 cents! LOL
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20269 posts
4229 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Beautiful weather!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
-3, feels like -10C, snow, 80km wind gusts..

Was gonna go out with coworkers to eat, but screw that, I think I'll just have a protein bar for lunch.

Might prompt me to get winter tires slightly faster.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Accident and all backed up on Sheppard near Don mills station. Thank God it was on the other side. I have a meeting to go to and I would be pissed if I were held up in that. Some idiot smashed his car into the pole bringing the thing halfway down. Stupid!
It's eastbound.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
No wonder I am uncomfortable. It is middle of the night and it is a balmy 20 degrees, in OCTOBER! Seriously summer, give it up. Your time is done.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
185 upvotes
Huh, the weather has gotten... warm? The temperature in the last two days has been enjoyable-- especially in the evening. The clear skies with low wind makes the night magical.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 5:59 am
Huh, the weather has gotten... warm? The temperature in the last two days has been enjoyable-- especially in the evening. The clear skies with low wind makes the night magical.
Um yah. Keep in mind, we made it all the way to October now. Nights are now supposed to be only 5 and days up to 16.
We were stuck around 20 all night. That's warm! for this time of year!
Even summer, nights don't average this warm!
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1091 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
Yeah... back to miserable well-above-normal weather for the next week in the GTA. Yechh!

We wait expectantly for pleasant/comfortable/uplifting autumn weather all summer and what do we get in October? We're not expected to see normal temps (highs of 15) until next Wednesday. Grrrrrrrrr. Smiling Face With Horns
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
CenturyBreak wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 9:38 am
Yeah... back to miserable well-above-normal weather for the next week in the GTA. Yechh!

We wait expectantly for pleasant/comfortable/uplifting autumn weather all summer and what do we get in October? We're not expected to see normal temps (highs of 15) until next Wednesday. Grrrrrrrrr. Smiling Face With Horns
I was complaining about how hot the house was. NO AC!!! Just because it is October, now AC is not an option. If it were June, it would be on with the same temperature we have now!, because this is too warm. I am smarter than that. I don't look at the calendar, I look at the thermometer. If it is not summer, but it is for some reason hot, the AC goes on, no questions asked.
blahhh