Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2019 10:13 am
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4795 posts
644 upvotes
snow and a -2 or -4 is ok ... -22 is "no thanks" for me ...
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5409 posts
1107 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lubmar wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 1:14 pm
snow and a -2 or -4 is ok ... -22 is "no thanks" for me ...
id rather have the cold then the snow
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 1:40 pm
id rather have the cold then the snow
I prefer snow rather than the cold. Snow doesn't have the tendency to be a nuisance all the time but cold easily can.
We only get a a couple or few snowstorms per winter while uncomfortable chill can last for months.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5409 posts
1107 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 2:06 pm
I prefer snow rather than the cold. Snow doesn't have the tendency to be a nuisance all the time but cold easily can.
We only get a a couple or few snowstorms per winter while uncomfortable chill can last for months.
i guess it depends. We have a driveway that would need snow shoveling, which is a PITA. If you live in a condo, no such pain.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 2:24 pm
i guess it depends. We have a driveway that would need snow shoveling, which is a PITA. If you live in a condo, no such pain.
That's a good point. I HATE shoveling snow and raking leaves. I will find every possible excuse to not do it.
I am lucky, the house where I live has trees that produce very little in the way of leaves. Might even get away with never having to rake. I am moving out next month. So I also won't have to shovel. Shoveling snow would have been one more big thing to add to my already busy day, something I really wish not to have.
Where I move next, I won't have this obligation. I will be living at airbnb places and the damn snow and leaves aint gonna be my problem!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
What is with these new buses? The windows farthest back have NO opening. Whose bring idea was that? Now I am roasting hot on the bus, wanna open a window, and CAN'T. STUPID!
I gladly stick to the old buses. There are windows to open in each part so if I am too hot, I can get relief.

Why do Toronto people seem to tolerate all this heat? Once the sun starts shining through the windows on the bus or in the house and things start really heating up, I get cranky and uncomfortable and everyone else seems to act like it is normal. Same with them wearing their winter jackets inside the heated bus in the winter.
It is above 20 today, sun roasting the inside of the house and here I am the one opening the window every time to cool the damn place down.
Too many people seem to tolerate all this excess heat and I suffer because they allow the heat to remain that way while I can't stand said heat.

At least sandikosh and centurybreak and others will agree since they like the cold. heat is unbearable. If it is over 20 outside, the sun is shining in and there is no ventilation, what happens? It gets HOT. Why don't Toronto people seem to realize that?? I rarely see anyone other than me respond to it.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5617 posts
730 upvotes
Scarborough
love the hot weather, hope february is this warm!

OP, drink water dude. It keeps u cool, take water with u on the bus.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3281 posts
516 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 3:25 pm
What is with these new buses? The windows farthest back have NO opening. Whose bring idea was that? Now I am roasting hot on the bus, wanna open a window, and CAN'T. STUPID!
I gladly stick to the old buses. There are windows to open in each part so if I am too hot, I can get relief.

Why do Toronto people seem to tolerate all this heat? Once the sun starts shining through the windows on the bus or in the house and things start really heating up, I get cranky and uncomfortable and everyone else seems to act like it is normal. Same with them wearing their winter jackets inside the heated bus in the winter.
It is above 20 today, sun roasting the inside of the house and here I am the one opening the window every time to cool the damn place down.
Too many people seem to tolerate all this excess heat and I suffer because they allow the heat to remain that way while I can't stand said heat.

At least sandikosh and centurybreak and others will agree since they like the cold. heat is unbearable. If it is over 20 outside, the sun is shining in and there is no ventilation, what happens? It gets HOT. Why don't Toronto people seem to realize that?? I rarely see anyone other than me respond to it.
HEat seriously triggers my PTSD induced anxiety. When I get hot and can do nothing about it, I panic and then freak out to a debilitating level sometimes. This is one reason I like fall and winter. It keeps serious episodes at bay.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
apnayloags wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 4:03 pm
love the hot weather, hope february is this warm!

OP, drink water dude. It keeps u cool, take water with u on the bus.
Drinking water only does so much. When it's hot, its hot. The only way a bottle a water gonna cool me down is if I pour the thing over my head.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
willdacanucker wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:01 pm
HEat seriously triggers my PTSD induced anxiety. When I get hot and can do nothing about it, I panic and then freak out to a debilitating level sometimes. This is one reason I like fall and winter. It keeps serious episodes at bay.
Guess I'm the same. You can tell I was pissed.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
What's up with all the fireworks at different locations in Toronto today?
Something going on today?
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3281 posts
516 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 7:59 pm
What's up with all the fireworks at different locations in Toronto today?
Something going on today?
yeah. its friday eve.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]