Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
8104 posts
3026 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Glad it is getting cool after this. Too warm at night so nice to get some relief from that!
I prefer cooler nighttime temperatures!
Yikes
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4658 posts
2062 upvotes
Mississauga
Bring it! Got a new set of winter tires ready to slap on at a moment's notice!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
White Comet wrote: I'm hearing snow within the next 2 weeks. Any truth to this?
Maybe flurries. But very limited for quite a while.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
186 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Glad it is getting cool after this. Too warm at night so nice to get some relief from that!
I prefer cooler nighttime temperatures!
This is the truth.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20433 posts
4384 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Maybe flurries. But very limited for quite a while.
Best news yet! How many cms?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: Best news yet! How many cms?
This is a big maybe. I barely see the right conditions so I can't say for now.
You need a direct flow out of the north for this to happen and this is still not showing up in the GFS.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I am pretty lucky that I never seem to get caught by unfavorable weather. We have not been getting rain to make me wet when I go out. I can't remember the last time I was inconvenienced by rain when going out. And looks like the coming 7 days will also be favorable.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9750 posts
2390 upvotes
so im looking at the the models from weatheronline, and it looks like a prolonged cold is coming for most of north america, is that accurate, or am i reading it wrong,

i picked tempurature high 2M, and put it on loop, its showing negative temps for much of the US and certainale almost all of canada.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
rocking23nf wrote: so im looking at the the models from weatheronline, and it looks like a prolonged cold is coming for most of north america, is that accurate, or am i reading it wrong,

i picked tempurature high 2M, and put it on loop, its showing negative temps for much of the US and certainale almost all of canada.
Don't know what model you have. I use the CFS model for long term. Looks warm to me.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Exactly one month till I get out of Toronto. Nov 24. I am glad to leave and never come back. I am having terrible experiences here.
Kitchener, Barrie, Hamilton, st Catherine's, sarnia, Oshawa, Kingston, Belleville, orillia, London, Sherbrooke all better. I will try each of these cities and see what is best for me. I am DONE with Toronto. I know it will be cold, but I don't care about the climate. Barrie was always better.
Last edited by Ilovejaneandfinch on Oct 24th, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9750 posts
2390 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Don't know what model you have. I use the CFS model for long term. Looks warm to me.
im picking your CFS model on page 1
then im selecting TEMP high 2M
then im selecting loop
it looks alot warmer now then when i ran it 3-4 hours ago, it was showing cold all the way down to the deep south US.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
rocking23nf wrote: im picking your CFS model on page 1
then im selecting TEMP high 2M
then im selecting loop
it looks alot warmer now then when i ran it 3-4 hours ago, it was showing cold all the way down to the deep south US.
Yes. CFS is showing warm now. Very few of its runs had that cold. I think I only saw cold appear once.
blahhh