Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 12:57 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10891 posts
8064 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
It is frickin cold here in Eastern Ontario
And that’s just in the house
I really feel it today... floors are cold
Doors & windows feel drafty
All things we don’t have in a normal winter
House & Furnace is working overtime to keep the frigid temps out
Outside it’s cold & windy
-34 C right now with windchill...
And going to reach a low of -40 C overnight
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8529 upvotes
GTHA
Winter storm's destruction felt in Canada and U.S.
The extent of the massive winter storm's destruction is becoming more apparent in Canada and the U.S. as residents survey the damage for the first time. Hurricane-force winds combined with storm surges and snow have left some communities in disarray.

Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20376 posts
4332 upvotes
Poormond Hill
-21°. Got to enjoy the moment until the warm weather returns tomorrow.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
208 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 10:44 am
-21°. Got to enjoy the moment until the warm weather returns tomorrow.
Its not cold but just a climate change. UN dont want NA is in cold wave but warns there is heat wave in Australia.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3961 upvotes
Toronto
man, flooding + freezing cold..

that's scary.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Ok so now the CFS model is showing a real warmup and it is starting west of us first. Then coast to coast. Have to keep an eye on it.

Even the GFS is showing substantial warmth coming so this is a good sign.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7811 posts
2832 upvotes
Toronto
What time is the snow storm starting tmr?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Oct 9, 2017
156 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Good Lord, it was COLD on Friday. I have NEVER experienced in my life that kind of bone chilling cold here in Mississauga. It was really something else. I mean it was brutal cold, the wind was fast and heavy and it was just brutal, killer cold. I had to fix the wipers on my mom's car and my hands nearly froze just outside for a minute or so exposed. I had to cover my face walking outside with my hands in gloves (I forgot my scarf). Holy ****, it was cold. That's what it must be like living somewhere like Yellowknife or Timmins or Saskatoon when there is a brutal cold snap.

It felt like walking in a really cold cold freezer. My mom's car barely turned on, it was sooo cold. Never in my life had I experienced that kind of cold. I cannot imagine the homeless outside in this. Absolutely heartbreaking. I wanted to cry thinking about the homeless that day. Tragic.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Pochacco wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:06 pm
What time is the snow storm starting tmr?
I just see flurries swinging through overnight tonight. But not much to take note of really.

There is a possibility that the worst of this year's cold may already be behind us when in fact it should normally be all still ahead of us. This is because it looks like a warm spell will likely occupy what is normally the coldest part of winter.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8454 posts
1386 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:40 pm
I just see flurries swinging through overnight tonight. But not much to take note of really.

There is a possibility that the worst of this year's cold may already be behind us when in fact it should normally be all still ahead of us. This is because it looks like a warm spell will likely occupy what is normally the coldest part of winter.
If they shut down a few sweatshops in China for Chinese New Year(wishful thinking off course), maybe the pacific will cool down a bit and the Jet stream will behave normally, ie not venture so far into the arctic to destabilize the Polar Vortex.
I do believe however that recent experiences have a divine component and a revelation of all things to come in the World. Not just weatherwise and not doomsday either.
Look how the egotistical man who always seems in control was at the mercy of Mother Nature the last couple weeks and was limited in what he could do.Hmmm.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4116 posts
916 upvotes
Sask.
How bizarre! It's zero now in Saskatoon, gotta dig out a Bikini!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
natalka wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:08 pm
How bizarre! It's zero now in Saskatoon, gotta dig out a Bikini!
I don't see it getting overly cold there for a while so get used to not so frigid conditions ahead.
blahhh

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)