Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2006
4750 posts
829 upvotes
Toronto
@Ilovejaneandfinch just ignore those people man. no one is perfect, not even the people at the weather channel.

anyways it is snowing pretty hard right now.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 20, 2015
526 posts
131 upvotes
Place
Smooth ride to work today. :) 40min drive turned in to 1hr.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4025 posts
710 upvotes
greybrick wrote: Pro tip:

Leave for work as early as possible. Fewer fools on the road reduces your chances of being rear-ended by a BMW running summer tires.
Amazing how many people fork out 70+k for a car but won't spend $1500 for snow tires.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
12012 posts
6879 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I LOVE this Weather!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snoooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1917 posts
420 upvotes
m4r 1k8
pfbmgd wrote: Amazing how many people fork out 70+k for a car but won't spend $1500 for snow tires.
lol seriously ... nah all seasons got me ... like get real ...
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4025 posts
710 upvotes
ed116 wrote: lol seriously ... nah all seasons got me ... like get real ...
Yes . Your the guy we wait behind when you can't get up a small hill .

Your type is always smarter .
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2008
819 posts
358 upvotes
TDot
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ah the same ol Toronto attitude! I'm used to this. Torontonians are notorious for complaining about everything. So I am not surprised at all by these comments. Probably the crap weather causing it. But yeah whatever.....

People are biased to. On the contrary, I get forecasts right ridiculously often. If it get it wrong once, you make it look like it was every time.

Stop complaining for once go out and get a breath of that cold fresh air. Thanks have a nice day!

Maybe I should just not be your meteorologist anymore. I am bound to be wrong some time, so obviously this will happen. If this is how you will be, then maybe fine, go to accuweather, I am wasting my time going over the GFS for people I don't know anyways!
No worries man, I know you're usually on point. Keep it up!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20428 posts
4383 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Cheapo-Findo wrote: I LOVE this Weather!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snoooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!
+1000 Kissing Face With Smiling EyesGrinning FaceGrinning Face With Smiling EyesHugging Face
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 7, 2007
20428 posts
4383 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Ah the same ol Toronto attitude! I'm used to this. Torontonians are notorious for complaining about everything. So I am not surprised at all by these comments. Probably the crap weather causing it. But yeah whatever.....

People are biased to. On the contrary, I get forecasts right ridiculously often. If it get it wrong once, you make it look like it was every time.

Stop complaining for once go out and get a breath of that cold fresh air. Thanks have a nice day!

Maybe I should just not be your meteorologist anymore. I am bound to be wrong some time, so obviously this will happen. If this is how you will be, then maybe fine, go to accuweather, I am wasting my time going over the GFS for people I don't know anyways!
I tell everyone this every winter and they ignore me. They say I'm nuts! But you know what? Let them grumble while I cherish it!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 24, 2012
64 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think that overnight was heavy snowing North of GTA - even the car was barely covered.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1917 posts
420 upvotes
m4r 1k8
pfbmgd wrote: Yes . Your the guy we wait behind when you can't get up a small hill .

Your type is always smarter .
i was beign sarcastic .. fwd + winters .. no need for awd :)
Member
Mar 27, 2012
295 posts
123 upvotes
ed116 wrote: i was beign sarcastic .. fwd + winters .. no need for awd :)
AWD BMW + Winters = control
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: I tell everyone this every winter and they ignore me. They say I'm nuts! But you know what? Let them grumble while I cherish it!
Lol ok.
IndusVally wrote: No worries man, I know you're usually on point. Keep it up!
marktang wrote: @Ilovejaneandfinch just ignore those people man. no one is perfect, not even the people at the weather channel.

anyways it is snowing pretty hard right now.
Thank you!
And I might not end up being wrong anyways. I said the 20cm won't come. It looks like it won't! The snow is already on its way out.

Snow, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
blahhh

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)