Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 1:51 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3303 posts
534 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
The picture with the pollen-laden foliage mad my allergies act up. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 1:52 pm
The picture with the pollen-laden foliage mad my allergies act up. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Then you should be the last person complaining about this weather, cuz its stalling the "pollen-laden foliage" Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3303 posts
534 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 2:32 pm
Then you should be the last person complaining about this weather, cuz its stalling the "pollen-laden foliage" Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Not sure what is worse, not being able to breathe for allergies or the constant arthritis pain from the cold damp. (getting old sucks) At any rate, it **LOOKS** like this is it and we are going to be getting warmish temps starting tomorrow.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 2:49 pm
Not sure what is worse, not being able to breathe for allergies or the constant arthritis pain from the cold damp. (getting old sucks) At any rate, it **LOOKS** like this is it and we are going to be getting warmish temps starting tomorrow.
I'd say arthritis pain...at least with allergies you can still frolic around the foliage (albeit with swollen eyes, nasal drip and gasping for air).
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1500 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
Not counting the weekend but it will be day 3 of walking on ice.

I thought the reason they never plowed was because they were looking ahead as there was a risk of flooding and they probably thought it was just melt but it still hasn't.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8524 upvotes
GTHA
cardle wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 8:22 am
Not counting the weekend but it will be day 3 of walking on ice.

I thought the reason they never plowed was because they were looking ahead as there was a risk of flooding and they probably thought it was just melt but it still hasn't.
update on ice storm cleanup
https://www.toronto.ca/home/media-room/ ... -clean-up/

Jan 11, 2012
165 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond Hill
^ Even when Toronto Sun carries that article people will call it hoax and stuff.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2066 posts
473 upvotes
Ontario
baresi wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 3:14 pm
^ Even when Toronto Sun carries that article people will call it hoax and stuff.
There is no science in that at all. Its says scientists are suspecting at the start of the article. I am sick of these scientists blaming everything on climate change.
Jan 11, 2012
165 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond Hill
webshark wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 4:59 pm
There is no science in that at all. Its says scientists are suspecting at the start of the article. I am sick of these scientists blaming everything on climate change.
With all respect you should realize how science works. Newton didn't know how gravity works, heck scientists still don't know how gravity exists, yet there are theories that are supported by observation, equations and models
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17776 posts
1766 upvotes
Space for rent
webshark wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 4:59 pm

That's pretty reckless of you to say you don't believe the scientists. They are not just pulling the theories out of thin air.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
1693 posts
774 upvotes
yeaaaaa i finally feel the warmth...its t-shirt time!!!