Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1210 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Its so hot that as soon as the ice cream vendor gives me the cone it already has streaks of molten vanilla.

On Saturday night at 11pm it was 28C and humidex 35... at 11pm at night Here in Toronto
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17722 posts
1758 upvotes
Space for rent
@11PM there hasn't been sufficient time for the air temperature to cool down yet as the sun just set. You only really feel a bit cool around 2AM+.

My window AC has been no cooler than a fan on most of these days. Way too hot to keep up. Should have replaced it. Really sad how people are dying from the heat in Quebec. They're feeling it much worse than us.

Still remember ways back hundreds if not thousands died in Europe from that heat wave we had.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 9:38 am
All you whiners can catch a break tomorrow when temp is back to mid 20s Angry Face
Fresh and breezy weather as heat wave ends
Oct 24, 2009
325 posts
70 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 9:54 am
Already having parting anxiety, but luckily humidity is back on Monday. :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1091 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 9:54 am
Well... one nice day (today) followed by one bearable day tomorrow and then BAM! Back to the miserable stuff. Smiling Face With Horns

Yes, yes... I know: humidex in the mid-30s is less @#$%^&* oppressive than humidex in the mid-40s, but it's still not enjoyable! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3285 posts
521 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
CenturyBreak wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 10:06 am
Yes, yes... I know: humidex in the mid-30s is less @#$%^&* oppressive than humidex in the mid-40s, but it's still not enjoyable! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I beg to differ. Mid 30's in mid July is perfect imo. July is supposed to be hot and sticky. Just miserable enough to remind me how much I appreciate fall. The super dangerous mid 40's is way over the top for everyone. On the bright side, we are losing over a minute of daylight per day and will be losing close to 3 minutes a day in just a few weeks. Whilst I do not like it getting dark at 1630 in the winter, sunsets close to 2100 suck.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I think this summer is shaping up to be a hot one! And I started noticing what looks like el nino on my sea surface temperature maps. It appears to be right, el nino is likely on it's way back.
blahhh
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17722 posts
1758 upvotes
Space for rent
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:26 pm
I think this summer is shaping up to be a hot one! And I started noticing what looks like el nino on my sea surface temperature maps. It appears to be right, el nino is likely on it's way back.
What's that mean? May be more flooding this summer?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Supercooled wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 9:07 pm
What's that mean? May be more flooding this summer?
Summer effects of el nino are almost non-existent in much of Canada including southern Ontario. It is not until winter that el nino has an observable impact. And it just means warmer for much of Canada during that time.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5650 posts
744 upvotes
Scarborough
i like warm/hot winters, wish we could have that every year from Oct to May!!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17722 posts
1758 upvotes
Space for rent
apnayloags wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 5:47 pm
i like warm/hot winters, wish we could have that every year from Oct to May!!
It's called relocation. Vancouver might be your style.

Going off on a tangent here but if you were a homeless person or a vagabond, would t somewhere more temperate be better than potential fatal elwesthwr like we have here every year? I can't imagine how sleeping on subway grates is warm enough. To say nothing of the callous nature of Torontonians towards strangers much less a homeless person. People in general are shit anyway. Saw a video of Cristine the famous soccer player. He was in disguise and playing soccer in a Commons area but looked like a homeless person. No one paid much attention until he took the makeup off and the whole of Spain seemingly covered on him.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3285 posts
521 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
OK O/P all the regular weather outlets are saying that the heat for possibly the entire rest of the summer is over next week. How true is that statement? As an aside we are in desperate need for a good multiday slow soaking rain. So utterly filthy on the streets in Toronto.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]