Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 11:05 am
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3303 posts
534 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Make. The. Humidity. Go. Away. Everything is so damn damp and musty. Makes my breathing problems much worse. Come on October.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 8:34 am
Make. The. Humidity. Go. Away. Everything is so damn damp and musty. Makes my breathing problems much worse. Come on October.
Where?! I just stepped out for a few minutes and it was windy, breezy and dare I say chilly (Ok that could be due to my low iron levels...lol).
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3303 posts
534 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 11:26 am
Where?! I just stepped out for a few minutes and it was windy, breezy and dare I say chilly (Ok that could be due to my low iron levels...lol).
Actually is chilly today. Needed a sweater when I took the dog out earlier.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1091 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 11:26 am
It sure as heck wasn't chilly in the GTA on Tuesday... even first thing in the AM, as it was already (or still) 28! Smiling Face With Horns

Needless to say, it was 4 days of misery... finally blessedly, blissfully over! :D

It wasn't chilly this morning either, as it was still 18... which isn't "chilly" in any version of reality. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3303 posts
534 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 10:17 am
It sure as heck wasn't chilly in the GTA on Tuesday... even first thing in the AM, as it was already (or still) 28! Smiling Face With Horns

Needless to say, it was 4 days of misery... finally blessedly, blissfully over! :D

It wasn't chilly this morning either, as it was still 18... which isn't "chilly" in any version of reality. ;)
Real feel of ~40c/104f yesterday to real feel of 16c/60f is a loss of 24c/44f heat. That is a heck of a perceived thermal shock. So whilst not normally chily, it is when taken into context.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1091 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
willdacanucker wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 11:16 am
Real feel of ~40c/104f yesterday to real feel of 16c/60f is a loss of 24c/44f heat. That is a heck of a perceived thermal shock. So whilst not normally chily, it is when taken into context.
I know what you mean... but I perceived it as more of a very pleasant surprise (even though I knew it was forecast) when I took the green bin and black bag to the curb this AyEm... in shorts and a polo shirt!

My main purpose with the previous reply was concern over the diva truly being delusional about Tuesday's weather... ;)
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 11:37 am
My main purpose with the previous reply was concern over the diva truly being delusional about Tuesday's weather... ;)
Hey at least I can't be accused of not being self-aware...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Agree with @willdacanucker, today it definitely feels chilly...and gloomy. Hoping for the long weekend to be warm-ERR
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3303 posts
534 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:30 pm
Hey at least I can't be accused of not being self-aware...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Agree with @willdacanucker, today it definitely feels chilly...and gloomy. Hoping for the long weekend to be warm-ERR
Yes. Once in a while days like this are welcome, such as now after that relentless heat, sun, and humidity. Too many gloomy days in a row and the balance is off once again. (this reminds me, I need to start taking vitamin d again)
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:57 pm
Yes. Once in a while days like this are welcome, such as now after that relentless heat, sun, and humidity. Too many gloomy days in a row and the balance is off once again. (this reminds me, I need to start taking vitamin d again)
Yes, get your vitamins cuz ...Winter Forecast
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1091 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:30 pm

Delusional and self-aware at the same time? I applaud your multi-dimensional versatility! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Mind you, if you find 18 to be cold, I wouldn't worry so much about iron and vitamin D, but I'd get your thyroid checked asap!

We gotta look out for each other, don'cha know! :D
willdacanucker wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:57 pm

Yes. Once in a while days like this are welcome, such as now after that relentless heat, sun, and humidity.
Indeed... this is a gloriously beautiful day, in contrast to the past few! :D

Cloudy days in summer aren't gloomy... they're a blessing, as they bring relief. When it's cloudy, you know things won't get as miserably hot as fast without the relentless sun beating down.

Seriously! They make me smile because of that, and hot sunny days do the opposite. Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by CenturyBreak on Aug 30th, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1091 posts
108 upvotes
Burlington
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:04 pm
On the other hand, Typhoon Jeb is likely to keep things cool out west and maintain the heat starting Saturday well into September for Ontario.

Phooey! Smiling Face With Horns Face Screaming In Fear
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
CenturyBreak wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:47 pm
Delusional and self-aware at the same time? I applaud your multi-dimensional versatility! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Self-aware of my delusional inclinations ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2716 posts
1488 upvotes
Kitchener
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:04 pm
You know, I remember reading one Farmers Almanac for the 2016/2017 winter, supposed to be real nasty and cold. Ended up with a really warm winter.

Well, one thing we do know - we will have biting cold whether, we'll get snow storms, and could be below or above average. I guess either way, they have a 33% chance of getting it close.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Oct 24, 2009
342 posts
70 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 4:12 am
You know, I remember reading one Farmers Almanac for the 2016/2017 winter, supposed to be real nasty and cold. Ended up with a really warm winter.

Well, one thing we do know - we will have biting cold whether, we'll get snow storms, and could be below or above average. I guess either way, they have a 33% chance of getting it close.
So either way, we'll have some semblance of winter weather around Dec-Mar timeframe. :D
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2716 posts
1488 upvotes
Kitchener
DelusionalDiva wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:14 am
So either way, we'll have some semblance of winter weather around Dec-Mar timeframe. :D
That's pretty much the way it'll be....and perhaps late November and early April. Even with the oppressive heat that we have had, not looking forward to the winter.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)