Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 9:11 am
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17761 posts
1764 upvotes
Space for rent
callernamet wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 11:30 pm
Meh. Just wear a balaclava and layer up. I don't even need cg jackets. The $100 jacket I got on sale from a&f is plenty warm after a few layers of soft cotton shirts underneath.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11589 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BlueEL wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 5:47 pm
Welcome back OP! Thanks for the great news. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You're welcome
edstone wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 7:05 pm
Yay! Thanks for the good news, ILoveJaneAndFinch!
You're welcome also!
blahhh
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
10083 posts
7400 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 5:19 pm
The good news is that the warming signs I am seeing in the long range are so clear, that it's almost guaranteed, the worst of the cold for the winter is totally finished before the weekend comes. Starting after that, any cold we do get won't be as bad. Overall, things are looking much better starting after tomorrow.
Thank goodness...

We in Eastern Ontario are sick of the deep freeze.
Been this way pretty much the whole month of January.

Time to lighten up already

Much rather have a winter that’s -5 or -10 and a TON of snow than this nonsense
It could snow every day and it would never bother me December thru March
But even a few days at -20 sucks all the energy out of me
Weeks of it are a real spirit killer
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9651 posts
1325 upvotes
The lord has spoken, yay!

Although I don't mind the cold, just don't like the slush that comes after the snow melts.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1769 posts
296 upvotes
Saskatoon
The world's leading scientists have said that climate change is primarily human-induced and can lead to harsher winters.
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20303 posts
4281 upvotes
Poormond Hill
This is the winter I've been longing for a long time!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1753 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: This is the winter I've been longing for a long time!
Why don’t you move to Alaska or the Territories so you can enjoy this kind of weather all year long? Just a suggestion.
Last edited by Dragon120 on Jan 30th, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1224 posts
705 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So will this polar vortex that is currently affecting us now, will it affect future spring/summer weather? Or is this a one and done type of thing?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2397 posts
458 upvotes
Winnipeg
chevyz07 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 8:37 am
So will this polar vortex that is currently affecting us now, will it affect future spring/summer weather? Or is this a one and done type of thing?
I am no expert but I read somewhere that this Polar Vortex and crazy winter patterns and frigid cold is going to be more and more often . Remember last one was in 2014 and now is 2019 but this will again be same in 2020 winters...
Whether this crazy patter will delay the spring or summer... I dont know that but it better not do that else I will definite complain :-)
Bring as much cold as you want but dont delay spring and summer...:-)
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1224 posts
705 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Asker123 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2019 12:43 pm
I am no expert but I read somewhere that this Polar Vortex and crazy winter patterns and frigid cold is going to be more and more often . Remember last one was in 2014 and now is 2019 but this will again be same in 2020 winters...
Whether this crazy patter will delay the spring or summer... I dont know that but it better not do that else I will definite complain :-)
Bring as much cold as you want but dont delay spring and summer...:-)
I also do not want a delayed spring/summer, but I actually want a cooler summer and a frosty spring, so fingers crossed!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)