Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 2:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
5160 posts
398 upvotes
I'll will admit that today's snowfall was an inconvenience, but it happens more or less every year; what I am really worried about is the freezing rain tonight causing a widespread blackout like 5 years ago.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7273 posts
2360 upvotes
Toronto
It is not that bad yet... Wait till the rain comes Disappointed FaceDisappointed Face
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2065 posts
359 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
CheapScotch wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 4:01 pm
I'll will admit that today's snowfall was an inconvenience, but it happens more or less every year; what I am really worried about is the freezing rain tonight causing a widespread blackout like 5 years ago.
At my house everything has a crusty coating of ice, can't even see out of the windows in the house. I am just hoping the plain rain comes in sooner and melts all this crap before morning. Heard from a coworker already that some one broke their arm in the parking lot, and who knows how many people fell and banged themselves up badly. Damn Orlando is too cheap to properly salt the parking lot and walkways at the office.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4364 posts
1803 upvotes
Mississauga
We've been dealing with freezing rain for a couple of hours now and everything is an icy mess. I should've waited to shovel the snow because my driveway's a skating rink now...

And everyone seems to be sold out of de-icer.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17733 posts
1760 upvotes
Space for rent
mrweather wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:05 pm
We've been dealing with freezing rain for a couple of hours now and everything is an icy mess. I should've waited to shovel the snow because my driveway's a skating rink now...

And everyone seems to be sold out of de-icer.
Where are you located? I must imagine there are a Home Hardware, WalMart or CanadianTire near by?

This weahter is brutal. Didn't Lastman declare an emergency on less?
Sep 30, 2009
745 posts
406 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm in Richmond Hill and there is barely any snow.. both my cars parked outside / my driveway isn't even covered with snow.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28847 posts
14655 upvotes
Ottawa
Going back out to shovel a second round.
Looks like I'm the only idiot out there, but I rather do several 30min passes, versus being out there tomorrow morning for an hour or more.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4364 posts
1803 upvotes
Mississauga
Supercooled wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 6:10 pm
Where are you located? I must imagine there are a Home Hardware, WalMart or CanadianTire near by?

This weahter is brutal. Didn't Lastman declare an emergency on less?
My city is under my username.

Rona was sold out. Crappy Tire was sold out. Didn't check the Home Hardware. Even Loblaw's which had skids of the stuff a week ago was sold out.

Lastman called the army because the city got about 90cm of snow in a matter of days. Plows only work when there are places to push the snow to. They simply ran out of those places and needed more man power to physically get rid of it.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4364 posts
1803 upvotes
Mississauga
Which one? Streetsville? I've been avoiding using regular road salt due to my patterned concrete driveway.
Nov 3, 2014
816 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Feels like Vaughan, Richmond Hill barely got anything. Crossing 427 and into the west is like a completely different story
Dec 18, 2008
275 posts
113 upvotes
Snow is getting heavier again. Looks worse than this morning.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5503 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Going to be a challenge tomorrow morning.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17611 posts
1709 upvotes
Woodbridge
vkizzle wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:51 pm
Going back out to shovel a second round.
Looks like I'm the only idiot out there, but I rather do several 30min passes, versus being out there tomorrow morning for an hour or more.
It's what I do.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17611 posts
1709 upvotes
Woodbridge
The advantage of working Continental Shift.

I don't have to deal with any storm so far as it either hit in my days off and/or working nights the next day.

I like today.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)