Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11596 posts
1061 upvotes
Brampton
What happened to the global warming? I'm buried under snow here!
Last edited by cheapmeister on Jan 18th, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Dec 9, 2007
266 posts
37 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote: What happened to me global warming? I'm burried under snow here!
The goal posts have moved. It's climate change now.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11596 posts
1061 upvotes
Brampton
flair.14 wrote: The goal posts have moved. It's climate change now.
The climate is always changing though. Its just the way that mother nature works!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
4072 posts
728 upvotes
cheapmeister wrote: The climate is always changing though. Its just the way that mother nature works!
But now infrequent weather events get blown up into unprecedented disasters.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2627 posts
2680 upvotes
While I personally believe climate change is happening, I also don't give AF. That said, this winter is a bit scary for me in the sense that I don't recall such a warm winter in the GTA. So agree or not that climate change is a problem, I think we're all a little bit amused that we really just had our first major snowfall and it's almost the end of January.

GTA weather next two weeks during business days is around 0'C with no snow in sight?

I'm thrilled.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5457 posts
1295 upvotes
Mississauga
angryaudifanatic wrote: While I personally believe climate change is happening, I also don't give AF. That said, this winter is a bit scary for me in the sense that I don't recall such a warm winter in the GTA. So agree or not that climate change is a problem, I think we're all a little bit amused that we really just had our first major snowfall and it's almost the end of January.

GTA weather next two weeks during business days is around 0'C with no snow in sight?

I'm thrilled.
next Saturday is another 10-15cm supposedly...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
4988 posts
1743 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: To those who are complaining of cold temps in the Toronto/GTA area, nothing compares to what I am going through here lol.

Northern BC = temps of -30 to -40 and at times colder with wind chill.
Vacation?

Or did Richmond Hill move?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
rebel_rfd wrote: Vacation?

Or did Richmond Hill move?
Business trip.
Proud to be an Indian.
8573 posts
1449 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmeister wrote: The climate is always changing though. Its just the way that mother nature works!
Mother Nature never burnt so much fossil fuels, released so much Greenhouse gases and Ozone into the atmosphere etc as has Man.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4118 posts
920 upvotes
Sask.
What a welcome change, -6 now, compared to two weeks of -30s.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
11596 posts
1061 upvotes
Brampton
gh05t wrote: Mother Nature never burnt so much fossil fuels, released so much Greenhouse gases and Ozone into the atmosphere etc as has Man.
Most vehicles on the road today are SUVs. I dunno why they aren't buying small fuel efficient cars? Do they not care?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Jan 30, 2010
685 posts
316 upvotes
North Battleford
Here in N.W. sask a few days ago it was -41 (without the wind-chill) tonight it's -1 Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13740 posts
1928 upvotes
Mississauga
cheapmeister wrote: Most vehicles on the road today are SUVs. I dunno why they aren't buying small fuel efficient cars? Do they not care?
Even though I don’t drive a SUV, most of the newer SUVs are pretty darn efficient. I think we have larger issues like over consumerization of disposable limited lifecycle tech, plastic bottles, and many other issues.