Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
MtX wrote: Still no subway service?
Their twitter and website should have all the info needed for any ways the service is affected by the storm.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: no subway from woodbine to kennedy.
I wonder if that is because of debris from the storm or power outages or both. Anything a bit past Woodbine is open track and no tunnel protecting it.
blahhh
Jan 17, 2006
594 posts
15 upvotes
I still can't believe the major weather stations didn't pick upon this..what are they for then
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4684 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
test9251 wrote: no subway from woodbine to kennedy.
Ever since this morning this has been true.

However, SRT service has been resumed.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1842 posts
274 upvotes
Canada
this is NOT an emergency. There are some trees downs and the 75% of the city has power. People are holiday shopping today. How do you justify an emergency when most of the people are having a normal day.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
rocheapplied wrote: I still can't believe the major weather stations didn't pick upon this..what are they for then
And meanwhile tons of people in this thread credit me for warning them and forecasting the major version of this storm for days in advance and having first warned them Dec 11 it could significantly affect plans. SO I was the only one saying something big was coming. All the stations just made it look like another little snow or rain mix nothing else while the storm enede dup blowing up into the epic storm I alone predicted.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
bluenose2 wrote: this is NOT an emergency. There are some trees downs and the 75% of the city has power. People are holiday shopping today. How do you justify an emergency when most of the people are having a normal day.
The reason it is that serious is because you don't need all of the population to be impacted directly with power outages for it to be a disaster. It is for the huge amount of people that are affected. That percentage of people of the city with no power translates to too many people because the city in total has millions of people. And there are other effects like disrupted transport and places closed and service disrupted and Starbucks and malls invaded by cell and laptop charging station seekers and tons of emergency storm shelters opening up. If it is not an emergency for enough people it is a big hassle for enough other people.
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2226 posts
704 upvotes
With the power out to the whole neighbourhood, it would be nice to start a nice big bonfire with pieces of the downed trees to light up the street and have a giant bbq lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: 12 to go for what? What is so special about 12 pages? :razz:
im left behind, haven't come in this thread for ages. (i mean 33 hours) :razz:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Zephyr22b wrote: With the power out to the whole neighbourhood, it would be nice to start a nice big bonfire with pieces of the downed trees to light up the street and have a giant bbq lol
Sounds so fun! If you are going to be in the middle of a weather disaster, why not try to have fun with it! come together as a community like people seem to do in a snowstorm ;)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: im left behind, haven't come in this thread for ages. (i mean 33 hours) :razz:
O ok. It's the number of pages left for you to read. I understand. I am sure there are plenty of posts I myself haven't read in the thread because of how many there are.

:) I almost missed the important one about CBC contacting me through the thread. I'm glad the mod informed me of it.

Will use this down time to go and cook my fish so I don't starve :razz:
blahhh
Dec 18, 2008
327 posts
151 upvotes
can anyone give me an update on Don Mills and Lawrence area? traffic lights back on?